2005-2006 NBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Equint77, Oct 4, 2005.

?

Of the Remaining teams, who will win the NBA TITLE?

1. Mavericks

2. Lakers

3. Clippers

4. Spurs

5. Pistons

6. Heat

7. Nets

8. Cavs

9. Wizards

10. Kings

11. Suns

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Ludacris Registered

Anfernee Deon "Penny" Hardaway forever! :(

2. Whack Arnolds Registered

I just copped a re-release of the og's penny's in a new color way. Those kicks are still fiyah.

3. MakeMineMarvel Registered

Pargo got game but won't crack the lineup with all these guards. He's a mid third quarter, early fourth breather-guard. He gives Gordon, Duhon and Heinrich a quick breather so they can hit the fourth quarter right.

AD may end up right back on the Bulls since he won't leave his family in Naperville. Watch the Knicks drop him in 20 days. Curry was a bust initially, but his scoring avg. has risen every year and he's only 22, as well as the fact that there was no proof that he had a bum ticker, just an inability for his agent and Pax to agree on how the severance would work if he did have a bad heart.

They'll be competitive, but when you look around the East and see the assemblage of talent and then look at the Bulls, they don't look like even Conference Finals contenders. They are a star or two away.

4. Super_Ludacris Registered

Same I copped all white with the blue swish back in July. Illest kicks back in the days

5. MakeMineMarvel Registered

I still say Starbury is chemistry poison. All they've done is add more guys who need the rock from a PG that doesn't really like to share it.

6. Whack Arnolds Registered

Yeah, his fam is in Naperville. My parents got a house out there. But I mean Curry was still lazy, and wasn't hititng his potential man. He actually has better foot speed than Shaq, and he rarely utilized it. The man is 6'11/7'0 and this was his numbers from last year: 16.1 ppg 5.40 rpg and due to never being in shape, only averaged 28 mins. a game. But only 5 rebounds a game, for a huge center is absolutely pathetic. There is guards and small forwards out there who average way more than that. I don't think he was ever going to truly reach his potential in Chicago, too many distractions playing in his home town. And who knows, he could have collapsed and died on the court for all we know... it was definetely a smart move by Paxson to dump him. You wouldn't want the Curry situation to leave a cloud over the team for the duration of the season. But I do agree with you. I tis going to be tuff for the Bulls this year. They got a mark on their back and no longer have the element of suprise. We'll see how far Kirk/Benny G/ and Deng can carry them.

7. Whack Arnolds Registered

Are you kidding me? get the hell out of here... Starbury has never been "poison". The media labled him that and don't even look at the facts. He averaged 8 assists per game last year...while distributing the ball to sub par teammates who couldn't put the ball in the hole. If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, PHO played way better again the Spurs when Marbury was leading them, then when Nash was. Marbury is definetely not chemistry poison..you can't be a poison when you are the entire team. Granted JC helped out at times, but he was too inconsistent. Marbury will be just fine. he is a good kid, that had the unfortunate side effect of getting a bad label by the sports media. No coach has ever actually called him a team cancer. :o

8. Whack Arnolds Registered

Yeah, I want them to re-release the next version as well. The Penny's were always hot.

9. Super_Ludacris Registered

I hope Brown instills some confidence in him to be a aggressive and provide veteran advice

10. Whack Arnolds Registered

Brown always even further develops pg's. Look what he did for Chauncey Billups. A kid who was lost, even though he had talent, and he turned him into an elite pg. Imagine what the guy can do for someone like Marbury who is up there in the league's elite in terms of talent.

11. Super_Ludacris Registered

Well I meant Penny. I know people say he'll be waived or traded but LB likes vets and Penny along with Antonio Davis has good playoff experience and he may look to them to help the other guys in there minimal roles

12. Whack Arnolds Registered

Possibly. Penny will be more of an advisor I guess you'd say. He's lost too much pyhsical skill to even make a difference now. :(

13. Whack Arnolds Registered

Oh yeah, luda. Did you cop Live 06 or NBA 2k6?

14. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I hope they decide to keep AD for his veteran leadership.. and he's still productive.

As far as NY... I'm optimistic... with no unrealistic expectations. They got 7 new players.. 6 of which are at an average age of 22. Not only that but they got a new coach.. who's a hard ass. I see things after this year really showing what the Knicks have. I do expect this season to be exciting though just based on the off season moves.

Playoffs maybe....

15. Super_Ludacris Registered

Nah but my man in the other dorm got 2k6...so he says. I might check it out tonight

16. Whack Arnolds Registered

NY is going to be fun to watch. They are going to catch novice ball fans off guard. I can't wait to watch them go at it.

17. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I wish Anfernee would have a larger role on the team but between his age, the Knicks rotation and his attitude last season... as well as his contract expiring.. he's trade bait.

He's played well in NY and has done great as a back up PG, SG and SF. I wish him best but it's time for this Knicks youth movement to continue.

18. Super_Ludacris Registered

Yeah, I mean I think he could still help.He did ok for you guys in the '04 Playoffs against NJ. Penny always stepped up in the playoffs throughout his career

19. MakeMineMarvel Registered

Alright, I'll bite on that ... for now. Hopefully he's grown since his days in 'Sota with the easiest superstar to play with in the league (KG.) Now that he does have the talent on this team, I'll be interested to see if the ego raises up and the assists go down or if he as truly come of age. He can be an 8 assists/game guy when he's being jumped on the double team, but can his ego take being option #3 or 4 night in/night out. Hope so. I like shoulder-load players and he's willing to throw a squad on his back.

As far as Curry with the Bulls, when you've got a PF willing to snag double-d boards/game and lane cloggers off the bench, you get to focus on offense and don't have the crash the boards like that. Jabbar's RPG dropped to about 7 the minute James Worthy showed up. Parish only occassionally dipped over 10 once McHale arrived. The previous Bulls mainstay centers were not big rebounders either. I'm not saying Curry is Jabbar or that Chandler is Rodman, but Chandler took pressure off of Curry to rebound.

20. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

he's still got the smarts to still do a lot on the court... which he's shown.

By the way... NBA TV showed Game 7 of the 1994 ECF last night and luckily I TIVO'ed it. Great freakin memories.

[​IMG]

21. Super_Ludacris Registered

Yes Ewing demonstrating the wonders of using Right Gaurd were good times. Ah, the days of NBA endorsments

22. Pksoze Registered

The year they only played in the ECF because of some stupid foul on Hubert Davis.

23. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

Doesn't make up for that no-call on Charles Smith in 1993... with Jordan Pippen and Grant Hacking the $hit out of him.

Not like Charles Smith was competant but I saw that tape over and over again.. he was hacked.

24. Pksoze Registered

Thats the playoffs.

The 90's Knicks made hacking & personal fouls an unequaled art form.

I saw a lot of their games on msg...they made Detroit look like Pikers.

And Charles Smith sucked.

You have one point though I know the roster of the 90's Knicks & the early 90's all star teams far better than the current Knicks & the current players.

25. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

The Knicks were bruisers... which is why I became a fan of the team in 1992.. Nothing made me happier than watching X and Mase try to take Jordan's head off.

I sorta wish NY implemented the Jordan rules.... they had rougher players (maybe not as dirty) as the Pistons.

I met Charles Smith on the subway one day. He was nothing but a total waste for NY. A soft erratic jumpshooting marshmellow. His knees were softer than jello.

The Knicks of the 90's were great cause thier defense made a joke of most of the teams in the NBA. And like in most sports... it's all timing... they got the right guys under the right system at the right time. Did the play great together? Yeah... Pat had been there for years and years... Oak had been there... Starks, Mason... then they had veterans Doc Rivers and Derek Harper. They played beyond their talents and rode Ewing about as much as you can. I loved that team cause they played with grit and I'll never love a Knick team like I did that those. However this new team is talented beyond anything Riley or Van Gundy had in NY. The problem is most of these players are young... have had no structure or stability in the league.

I have realistic expectations for this team... and what makes it better was thinking about what this team was 3 years ago under Scott Layden. He should have stayed in Utah.. and I'm glad they took him back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.