2009 MTV Movie Awards - The Thread

What was more surprising is that Slumdog got as many nominations as they did for this awards show. Most of the MTV audience haven't seen the movie nor do they have any clue who Dev Patel or Freida Pinto were (of course, neither were in attendance anyways).

Although, if The Last Airbender becomes M.Night's big comeback movie and Patel has a good performance in that movie, he'll probably be nominated in the Best Villain category at the 2011 Movie Awards.

Those are probably the same people who have probably have no clue who Daniel Craig is.

yeah I was surprised that the movie even got one nomination let alone as many as it did. It doesn't seem like the type of movie that would get a teenager's attention. Same goes with The Reader. I will continue to watch the MTV Movie Awards but only for the spoofs like I did this year and last year. I'm sure next year, New Moon and Harry Potter will dominate the awards.

When is someone gonna make that J.J. Abrams avatar? :csad:

There were really only 3 great things about last nite the first being The Cool Guys Dont Look at Explosions song. That song was great plus Will Ferrell as Diamond was hilarious but then who the **** is there none other than my own personal jesus christ J J Abrams FTW. Keifer Sutherlands crying had me laughing so hard that I was crying. I watched it again this morning with my roommate and it still made me cry. Whoever wrote that monologue (?Prolly Jorma & Akiva) are ****ing genuises. And then theres the Eminem thing. Where do I begin.... Ive literally watched that part about 22334646 times and cant get enough of it. Anyone who thinks it was scripted is stupid you can clearly see that em was PISSED and I really think Kon Artist (I think it was him) landed at least 2 punches to Brunos gut. I dunno but it really looked like he did hit him. Em might be just a "rapper" but he aint gonna play like that. This wasnt doing a duet of Stan with Elton John people this was Sacha Baron Cohens ******* engulfing ems chin nose and mouth. While it was funny and I couldve prolly laughed it off I woulda smacked the **** outta dude seriously I mean I love all forms of comedy and that was **** was just classic. But Im seriously surprised he didnt end up in the hospital. Sacha truly has testes made of ****ing blood diamonds cuz that took BALLS really really big ones to do. Ok rant over

Oh did anyone else notice they had Sandra Bullock sitting next to Bizzare?? I found that hilarious heres Sandra Bullock nice downhome kinda actress sitting next to a big fat black rapper who raps about being a transvestite and *********ing in a bed of barbed wire. Just seemed really funny to me

WEll I can't say that I'm surprised by the winnings, but Twilight winning for best film and fight sequence is pretty ridiculous. So is Efron winning best actor over presumably the likes of Bale and Ledger and Stewart beating Winslet. That nomination was also funny that Hathaway wasn't nominated for her AMAZING performance in Rachel Getting Married, but instead Bride Wars!

Soo silly. But Samburg brings his humor from SNL and just kicked ass as the host and stole the show with all his skits. I also appreciated the Oscar parody with the Ben Stiller award. And Bruno giving Em a face full of nuts is going to be a good mtv highlight, especially with him walking out.

I will say Stewart's rather blazé approach to the awards and her not valuing the award enough to drop it and break it was hilarious. She earned some more respect from me for that.

There were really only 3 great things about last nite the first being The Cool Guys Dont Look at Explosions song. That song was great plus Will Ferrell as Diamond was hilarious but then who the **** is there none other than my own personal jesus christ J J Abrams FTW. Keifer Sutherlands crying had me laughing so hard that I was crying. I watched it again this morning with my roommate and it still made me cry. Whoever wrote that monologue (?Prolly Jorma & Akiva) are ****ing genuises. And then theres the Eminem thing. Where do I begin.... Ive literally watched that part about 22334646 times and cant get enough of it. Anyone who thinks it was scripted is stupid you can clearly see that em was PISSED and I really think Kon Artist (I think it was him) landed at least 2 punches to Brunos gut. I dunno but it really looked like he did hit him. Em might be just a "rapper" but he aint gonna play like that. This wasnt doing a duet of Stan with Elton John people this was Sacha Baron Cohens ******* engulfing ems chin nose and mouth. While it was funny and I couldve prolly laughed it off I woulda smacked the **** outta dude seriously I mean I love all forms of comedy and that was **** was just classic. But Im seriously surprised he didnt end up in the hospital. Sacha truly has testes made of ****ing blood diamonds cuz that took BALLS really really big ones to do. Ok rant over

Oh did anyone else notice they had Sandra Bullock sitting next to Bizzare?? I found that hilarious heres Sandra Bullock nice downhome kinda actress sitting next to a big fat black rapper who raps about being a transvestite and *********ing in a bed of barbed wire. Just seemed really funny to me

Yeah I think that Eminem stunt was planned. He would have punched Sacha.

So is Efron winning best actor over presumably the likes of Bale and Ledger and Stewart beating Winslet.
I looked it up and apparently the other nominees were Bale, RDJ, Shia, and Vin Diesel :dry:

The whole ****ing show was planned! I just think Sascha probably took it one step further than Em anticipated with his bareass...

No Butts About It: MTV's Eminem-Bruno Stunt Was Staged
The "face-off" between Sacha Baron Cohen's bare backside and Eminem's mug came as a surprise to the viewers of Sunday's MTV Movie Awards, but just how shocked was the rapper also known as Marshall Mathers?

This much is for certain: Cohen's "Bruno" alter ego landing in Eminem's lap was a prearranged stunt. "There's no way it was an accident," an industry insider who was seated a few rows in front of Eminem tells TVGuide.com. "You don't let two stars collide without a detailed plan."

For starters, Bruno's airborne entrance was purposely detoured by speakers that were lowered into his path during the previous commercial break. That bit of equipment manipulation — coupled with the director's cut to Eminem several seconds before Bruno's "fall" — is what our spy calls "the smoking gun."

What about the appearance that tensions escalated when Cohen thrust his bare derriere in Eminem's face? While a spokesperson for the recording artist has not responded to a request for comment, our witness strongly suspects his expletive-filled outburst was all for show. (Lest anyone forget, Eminem did collect the occasional accolade for his acting debut in the semibiographical 2002 film 8 Mile.)

"Everyone was laughing about it during the next break," says our source, "especially the MTV staffers."

And while it is true that Eminem, after "storming out" in disgust, never returned to his seat, that was the M.O. of many a star who shone at the awards show.

"Most of the big celebs came, did their thing and left," reports our onlooker.

MTV reps declined to comment on the incident.

Source: TV Guide

The screwed up part...

If Twilight won everything for this year's movie awards...

...and Twilight: New Moon is coming out...

...then Twilight: New Moon will win everything at next year's awards.

Creating a predestined and infinite loop of suffering for all of us here at the Hype.

also Harry Potter might take some stuff next year

In a world that was right and good, sure.

But I do believe last night's events showed us which way the scales are tipping...

The screwed up part...

If Twilight won everything for this year's movie awards...

...and Twilight: New Moon is coming out...

...then Twilight: New Moon will win everything at next year's awards.

Creating a predestined and infinite loop of suffering for all of us here at the Hype.

Suffering how? Just don't watch, like I did. You're acting like these awards matter and they're for you. Last night showed you, this show is for teenage girls, so stop watching and you won't "suffer"

I dunno man Em seemed genuinely pissed and while I noticed the directors pan to Em beforehand all that entails is that the staff knew it was gonna happen. I dont think Em knew he was gonna get assfaced like that seriously. I just dont know what to think it was hilarious but if it was all planned and Ems storm-out was fake then Em loses all credibility as a "gangsta" to me hahaha

Whether it was staged or not it was still funny.

JJ Abrams was involved with the MTV awards? Was there a skit with him? I must see it!

Suffering how? Just don't watch, like I did. You're acting like these awards matter and they're for you. Last night showed you, this show is for teenage girls, so stop watching and you won't "suffer"

Exaggeration is something I like.

yea Seemed like Bruno flipped the script on Em with the "Kiss my butt lick fromunda cheese from under my nuts" line. If that wasnt foreshadowing then i dont know what is

No surprise that it was staged :funny: I think Em's hesitating with Bruno's ass in his face was more proof of that, he even waited for the camera to get nearby before he fully flipped out. It's like he was letting it all play out. It was hilarious though and the "highlight" of an awards show that I didn't really care for in the beginning. A little funny how most are calling him lame and garbage for storming out though. :hehe: Seemed like the most logical thing to do instead of getting arrested for assault and starting a mini riot :hehe: But since it's clear that it was staged it's even more brilliant and awesome to me. I still can't stop laughing at Em's first reactions :lmao: "Are you serious, are you f***ing serious!?! Yo, get this muthaf***a offa me!!!" That is classic, I don't care what anyone says :lmao:

When I saw Bruno coming down on a wire rig it reminded me of Howard Stern as "FARTMAN" from many years ago although Bruno/Sasha was much funnier.

I don't know Eminem personally, but there is just no way in hell he would agree to do something like that. It just boggles my mind if it were staged.

MTV and Bruno were both in on it and probably just decided to fall down on some random celeb and play it by ear. Well, Bruno landed on the dude that was nice enough to perform at your crappy award show to get you better ratings...great going MTV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"