2009 MTV Movie Awards - The Thread

I just heard over the radio that he agreed to have SBC lowered down onto him, but that he didn't agree to a facefull, so his reaction appears to be legit. Sounds about right.

I don't know Eminem personally, but there is just no way in hell he would agree to do something like that. It just boggles my mind if it were staged.

MTV and Bruno were both in on it and probably just decided to fall down on some random celeb and play it by ear. Well, Bruno landed on the dude that was nice enough to perform at your crappy award show to get you better ratings...great going MTV!

He had to have known about it or wanted it to happen once he saw what was happening. He sat there and had his eyes glued to Sasha's ass all the way until it rested on his face. It was almost like his eyes were following the booty and nothing else the entire time. It wasn't like Sasha just dropped down with not time for him to react, his butt was gently and delicately placed onto Em's face. That TV guide article also says that they did the exact same thing in rehearsals I believe.

Anyway, whatever the case, it was funny.

The "face-off" between Sacha Baron Cohen's bare backside and Eminem's mug came as a surprise to the viewers of Sunday's MTV Movie Awards, but just how shocked was the rapper also known as Marshall Mathers?

To hear host Andy Samberg's head writer, Scott Aukerman, tell it, not at all.

Ending nearly 24 hours of silence from all involved parties, Aukerman took to his blog to set the record straight: "Yes, the Eminem-Bruno incident was staged. They rehearsed it at dress [rehearsal] and yes, it went as far as it did on the live show."

As previously reported, Cohen's "Bruno" alter ego landing in Eminem's lap was of course a prearranged stunt. "There's no way it was an accident," an industry insider who was seated a few rows in front of Eminem told TVGuide.com. "You don't let two stars collide without a detailed plan."

As such, Bruno's airborne entrance was purposely detoured by speakers that were lowered into his path during the previous commercial break. That bit of equipment manipulation — coupled with the director's cut to Eminem several seconds before Bruno's "fall" — made for the first "smoking gun."

What about the appearance that tensions escalated when Cohen thrust his bare derriere in Eminem's face? While a spokesperson for the recording artist has not yet responded to multiple requests for comment, head writer Aukerman's blog now confirms that it was all for show. (When considering Eminem's compelling performance, remember that he did collect the occasional accolade for his acting debut in the semibiographical 2002 film 8 Mile.)

"Everyone was laughing about it during the next break," says our eyewitness, "especially the MTV staffers."

While it is true that Eminem, after "storming out" in disgust, never returned to his seat, that was the M.O. of many a star who shone at the awards show.

"Most of the big celebs came, did their thing and left," reports our onlooker.

MTV reps declined to comment on the incident.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eminem-Bruno-staged-1006495.aspx

also Eminem never left the studio. He was just hanging out in his trailer.

Wow...I fell for it, damn. It makes no sense, eminem isn't a good actor :dry:

Oh well it was a good laugh. Im glad that I changed the channel right after that, I hear that it was basically Twiligh-appreciation night...and yeah, I am not a fan.

Teenage girls with terrible taste. BUt they pretty much all do.

i fell for it as well, :(
damn you Eminem *shakes fist*

Heh, Eminem's a much better actor than I thought :hehe: .

Anyone else have "Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions" stuck in there heads?

The whole Eminem thing was ****ing hilarious but I laughed soooo much harder at Abrams epic keyboard solo and Kiefer Sutherlands monologue to Ben Stiller. It literally had me crying. Maybe it was because i was stoned but hell im always stoned and that **** was brilliant ****ing writing. Im cracking up now just thinking about Keifer "Just hold me Ben. No dont let go. You magnificent son of a *****" I cant believe Im not hearing more people talking about that.

New Season of 24 on FOX in January! hahahaha

I still love when Eminem's posse was shoving Bruno around and he was just like "guys, I already have a boyfriend". Such a perfect reaction. :lmao:

Found another article about the prank, awesome :funny:
Eminem 'thrilled' about pulling off Bruno stunt

NEW YORK (AP) -- Eminem says he knew full well what he was about to face at the MTV Movie Awards — including Sasha Baron Cohen's bare butt.

Eminem told the Web site RapRadar.com that the much-talked about stunt was all rehearsed, right down to Eminem's mock disgust. Says the rapper: "I'm thrilled that we pulled this off better than we rehearsed it."

Eminem says when he left the show, he went back to his hotel and laughed for three hours, including as he watched the playback.

The rapper calls himself a "big fan" of Baron Cohen, who he said approached him about the gag while he was in Europe.

At Sunday's live show, the comedian descended from the ceiling on a wire in a fake mishap that ended with his bare hindquarters in Eminem's face.

"...Mr. Neil Diamond!"
"HAHAHA! Where are we?"

My favorite part. :up:

Dude how can THAT be your favorite part?!?!? Funny as hell sure but as soon as he said J J Abrams and I saw JJ sportin his neon green sunglasses i almost sharted. It was so EPIC man

Dude how can THAT be your favorite part?!?!? Funny as hell sure but as soon as he said J J Abrams and I saw JJ sportin his neon green sunglasses i almost sharted. It was so EPIC man

It was epic, but it cant beat Farrell's half-drunken Neil Diamond, wearing rhinestone covered spandex, coming onstage with a glass of scotch IMO.

It does for me man he just looked like Chaz Michael Michaels tryna be Neil Diamond. Lol it was pretty funny though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"