2009 NFL Draft Thread (aka Excel & Norman's personal b**ch and moan thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Davis tells his staff to purposely screw up.

I think he smacks anyone who brings up a logical point about a player and then returns to talking about 40 times and how they need more speed. I think he just wants the fastest team in football, thinking no one will be able to see how much they suck....dadum chh....heh? Heeeh? *Walks away in shame.*

Oh come on, Oakland's would have been pure comedic gold to sit in on and watch, unless of course your head is prone to exploding from excessive lack of logical thought process.

I would love to watch Al Davis work a war room as well.

I am not nearly as down on their draft as most people are - the same people that are blasting Oakland for passing the sure thing for a physical freak were laughing at Houston after they passed on Reggie Bush.

I can see in DHB what Al Davis sees.

Correct. Maclin would of made more sense in New York though, since they don't have Jackson.
I understand that both are fast, but Maclin is a bigger target then Jackson. Plus I've read numerous scouting reports that said, if he could become a sound route runner he could develop into a nice primary target and possession guy.

I wish I could have been in Philadelphia's war room after Denver picked Moreno.

I really think they were spooked. I hadn't seen a mock that had Moreno going to Denver. I think they were ready to move up, but didn't think they'd have to get to 11. Denver then with there next pick took the guy that many thought we might go after in Ayers lol.

I understand that both are fast, but Maclin is a bigger target then Jackson. Plus I've read numerous scouting reports that said, if he could become a sound route runner he could develop into a nice primary target and possession guy.

2 inches and 10 pounds isn't a huge difference in a wide receiver. Now can Maclin develop into a nice primary target? Perhaps. But if Maclin develops into the best receiver he can, and DeSean Jackson turns into the best receiver he can be - the too will be very similar.

I dont see Maclin being a possession type receiver. He's more of a downfield burner with that speed. The Eagles problem is they already have 2 guys just like that in Jackson and to a lesser extent, Curtis. They could really use a Wes Welker or Hines Ward type receiver.

Jason Avant is a developing WR the like as a possession type guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"