2007 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious that I can't even talk about the game or say I think the Patriots are going to win. I am not a trash talking Patriots fan, I think I respect everybody's opinion in this thread, but this whole thing is extremely hypocrtical. I am just trying to talk about football.

So I can't say that I think this game will be a toss-up. You said a little while ago that you judge matchups by previous ones and stats. I'm taking that same judgement from Manning's perfomrance in the playoffs and Brady's.

I watched the Washington game and he was a completley different player. He's changed since then. He hasn't thrown an INT at all in the playoffs. Now it doesn't gurantee that he will throw one in the Super Bowl, but it's the kind of player he's been in the last 3 games that shows his patience is coming around.

I think he is doing quite well, and if he beats the Patriots he is a Giant Giant Killer.

Manning threw for over 250yds and 4TD's against the Patriots with one INT. That game was pretty close if I remember. A red hot Manning coming into the Super Bowl who want revenge. Scary?

Just depends what Manning you are going to get. He is Jekyl and Hyde to me. Brady is one of the most consistent quaterbacks in the NFL, doesn't mean he can't blow the Superbowl then.

What about Randy Moss? He has only two catches in his last two games. It seems the Patriots pass offense has declined in the playoffs. They can't rely on Maroney the whole game. Giants have one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL.

Right, so they are winning even without Randy or the passing attack. To me that is even more scary. That being said, Brady was 26/28 with 3 TDs vs the Jaguars. Doesn't seem like the passing attack has slowed one bit.

I was talking about Brady's incosistent games. It sounded like you thought he couldn't have a bad game in the Super Bowl.

He could have a bad game at any time, he did today. I am just saying it's less likely for Brady too than Eli right?

So I can't say that I think this game will be a toss-up. You said a little while ago that you judge matchups by previous ones and stats. I'm taking that same judgement from Manning's perfomrance in the playoffs and Brady's.

So judging the past three games of the playoffs against Brady's last two playoff games it is your contention that the Superbowl is a toss up. It's not the fact that you can't say it, it's apparently the fact that I can't disagree with it. :cwink:

Just depends what Manning you are going to get. He is Jekyl and Hyde to me. Brady is one of the most consistent quaterbacks in the NFL, doesn't mean he can't blow the Superbowl then.

Brady and Manning can both have a bad Super Bowl, they both can have a great Super Bowl or one of them will have a bad/good Super Bowl. I just underestimated the Giants and Eli Manning their last two playoff games and said they shouldn't win. I was wrong. I'm not gonna say they will lose this game. This is one of the reasons why I'm saying it will be a toss-up.

Right, so they are winning even without Randy or the passing attack. To me that is even more scary. That being said, Brady was 26/28 with 3 TDs vs the Jaguars. Doesn't seem like the passing attack has slowed one bit.

Those three TD's were all thanks to Maroney leading them down field. All of them were 10yds or less. I'm not taking anything away from Brady or the Patriots offense, I'm simply implying that if Maroney doesn't fare well then the whole offense may not be like it's been. Jacksonville does have a good rush defense as he ran for over 100yds on them. When the Giants played the Patriots, Maroney only had like 45yds.

He could have a bad game at any time, he did today. I am just saying it's less likely for Brady too than Eli right?

You're right, but Brady threw 3 INT today and Eli zero. You just never know.

is been a long time since an nfc team won the Super bowl

So judging the past three games of the playoffs against Brady's last two playoff games it is your contention that the Superbowl is a toss up. It's not the fact that you can't say it, it's apparently the fact that I can't disagree with it. :cwink:

Well it's not just the QB's im judging this off, it's the whole team. The Giants defense is better than the Chargers D and the Chargers offense wasn't healthy. Giants have most of their players healthy. Giants almost beat the Patriots in week 17. These are the facts that I'm simply going on. I think we have to agree to disagree on this subject.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go get something to drink.

animefan said:
is been a long time since an nfc team won the Super bowl

2002 - Bucs.

Early line for Super Bowl XLII is in favor of the Patriots to win by 13.5 points.

Well it's not just the QB's im judging this off, it's the whole team. The Giants defense is better than the Chargers D and the Chargers offense wasn't healthy. Giants have most of their players healthy. Giants almost beat the Patriots in week 17. These are the facts that I'm simply going on. I think we have to agree to disagree on this subject.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go get something to drink.

2002 - Bucs.

wow 6 years ago, i was still in middle school

If the Giants almost beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl it isn't going to count for **** afterwards. Just like the Ravens almost beating the Pats didn't matter afterwards. I'm getting sick of those type of arguments, from both sides.

I don't think the Giants have a chance at winning this game. To me (and I'm a New Yorker) they are an overrated team that has got by on luck this playoff. The only thing I can say good about them is their D-Line.

you think peyton will tell eli everything hes studied on the patriots?

The Apocalypse said:
I don't think the Giants have a chance at winning this game. To me (and I'm a New Yorker) they are an overrated team that has got by on luck this playoff. The only thing I can say good about them is their D-Line.

I wouldn't call a team that's won 10 straight road games overrated.

you think peyton will tell eli everything hes studied on the patriots?

I'm sure Peyton will talk to him about playing in the big game. Eli also already played the Patriots in week 17, so he should be prepared.

you know...

every message board i go on its clear,

the giants could steam roll the patriots, or fight it out tooth and nail and it simply doesn't matter...

to everyone but giants fans these wins are because of luck, not because the G-men are SERIOUSLY putting it together in the post season...

the giants CLEARLY out played the pack and all im seeing is GB lost the game... favre lost the game, but honestly the giants could have taken this game numerous times before favre threw that interception. The giants earned this game.

I hope strahan gets his ring, and i wonder if Tiki is regretting his primadona choice to leave while he still had plenty of gas in the tank.

Go Blue

The ability to be able to move around well and live without having to take several medications to keep the pain at bay later in life vs. the opportunity of a Super Bowl championship. I'm sure he weighed both. He made the right decision. He's doing what he wants to do. But I agree the Giants outplayed the Packers. They could've had the game a few times, yeah, but in the end, with probably his career hanging in the balance, he made that kick.

Patriot's should win, especially with giving Belichick two weeks to prepare and game plan.

They won by 10 points AT New York (not counting that TD that was given to them at the end). It will be close though. I just want a good game.

^Exactly - what's Brady's record against the Manning Brothers?

9-2?

So the Giants are going the Super Bowl. New England just got themselves an undefeated season.

now i gotta hear about eli manning for two weeks..,christ on a stick. I hate eli,hate plaxico buress(talking way to much crap to al harris..no need for that bs,plax...i hate the giants period. Go Pats Go

My buddies and I were watching the game and we noiticed something (the packers were not even trying to run the ball),now if 4 dorks (not me I'm awesome..teheehh) noticed this,doncha think the giants did too? In that kinda of weather you play "smashmouth" football,like those punk giants were doing to them.Its all about changing on the fly..the pack didnt go that

Dont even get me started on plaxico buress...christ, al harris couldnt cover him alone..well duh DOUBLE TEAM HIS AZZ. I couldnt believe the coaching that was going on during the game by the packers...they wouldn't change their style on neither side of the ball

Alrighty kids. Closing this, 1. because it's over 21K...2, I've started the Super Bowl thread for discussion, picks and partying and 3, an 08 thread will be up soon.

*sniff*, it was a wonderful time spent with you fellers....

*sniff*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"