2010 NFL Draft Discussion

So far, I would say Seattle and Detroit have had the best drafts so far, with teams like Baltimore and the Eagles not far behind.

Seattle's awesome draft so far has been with a bit of luck and Pete Carrol's eye for talent. The true test for Carrol will come during the season, where at USC, he overlooked easy win regular seasons games and had trouble getting his team to step up during the BCS games.

So far, I would say Seattle and Detroit have had the best drafts so far, with teams like Baltimore and the Eagles not far behind.

Seattle's awesome draft so far has been with a bit of luck and Pete Carrol's eye for talent. The true test for Carrol will come during the season, where at USC, he overlooked easy win regular seasons games and had trouble getting his team to step up during the BCS games.

what are you talking about?? his team always stepped up in the bcs games

My mistake, as I keep thinking back to the loss against Texas. His Achilles' Heel though is still his inability to keep his team focused throughout the season, which leads to those big regular season upsets and why the most talented school in college football year in and year out wasn't in the National Championship year in and year out.

The ONLY pick by Pittsburgh I KIND of like so far is Johnathan Dwyer. We drafted two really short receivers, and two defensive linemen we don't really need.

Way to go, Pittsburgh. :down

The Steelers a lot of zone coverage, in the second round - the best corners more press/man corners. While they could have played zone, they did not have high round value playing zone.

The name to watch is Joe Burnett. You drafted him last year in the 5th round and he made the team. He is a high character, huge work ethic corner who the Steelers are apparently very high on. Clearly they expect him to be a big contributor next year.

More importantly, he was one of the best return men coming out last year. And with Holmes gone, he offers tremendous value as a punt returner.

Dallas had an okay draft. I think Dez Bryant will make an immediate impact, and the linebacker from Penn St. Sean Lee could easily be a starter in a few years. I really like how they drafted Awasi Okusu-Ansah. He was a cornerback at a Division 2 college, but watching his combine he's an incredible athlete. I could definitely see him starting at Free Safety in the future, maybe even by the end of the season. I wish they would have focused more on their aging offensive line, since they only drafted one lineman from Notre Dame who doesn't even look that great. Hopefully some of our red-shirted rookies who were injured all of last year can step up and make an impact.

Ive said it before and i am saying it now. Colt McCoy is the best QB in this draft...He will have a long career at Cleveland

I completely agree on McCoy. He is the best QB of this draft, and I have been following the Browns draft since the season ended. There was talk of us trying to move up for Bradford for about a week, and I have been saying all along McCoy is the QB I like most in this draft. Yes, he doesn't have the strongest arm of the QBs in the draft, but he has "it" which is FAR more valuable to me than arm strength and "NFL readiness." Russell can chuck a ball 80yds and Quinn was the most NFL ready QB entering the draft ever, and look how both turned out. Neither had the intangibles. McCoy has those in spades.

I am really excited the Browns landed him, and I think he is going to make the other 31 teams that passed on him pay big time :up:

None of these QB are worth a damn. They won't pan out. This is the year to pass on QB's... no pun intended.

Overall, I'd say the Bengals draft was okay. I find it very odd that they went with two wide receivers and no safety.

It's nice to see the Bengals are trying to improve on their passing game, but I haven't been happy with the guys they've been picking up. Jordan Shipley, on the other hand, is win of epic proportions.

And congrats to the Browns for picking up McCoy :up:. Guy was my favorite quarterback in the draft.

Last edited:
And so, another draft has come and gone.

Now let's wait for Excel's annual analysis of how the Patriots are automatic Super Bowl champs.

Honestly, I don't think their are many losers in this draft. I even like Buffalo.

Jets basically drafted their existing strengths only to get rid of the guys that made them strong in the first place. Typical Woody Johnson releasing Faneca to save a couple million. This is why the Jets are doomed with this turd of an owner. I like Tannenbaum's replacements in the draft, but he added nothing to the front seven. That's Rex Ryan's ego working in, thinking his outside rush will be great with Taylor and the existing players he has. Not liking the egos one bit. They will wear down at the end of the year, and unless they have two more Revis' back there, I don't see them closing critical games out down the stretch.

As for Dallas, can't really complain. Jerry did nothing to add depth to the O-line though other than some scrub tackle from ND. Jerry even admitted if the unit sustains one or two major injuries, the season is basically over.

Honestly, I don't think their are many losers in this draft. I even like Buffalo.

Hell even the Raiders had a good looking draft. I wonder if Crazy Al is letting Cable or someone else make some of these moves. I heard they're moving to a 3-4 defense too.

The Fins had a good draft, they only drafted defensive players. I would've liked to see them maybe grab another WR later in the draft or maybe a running back.

Let's wait for Excel's annual analysis of how the Patriots are automatic Super Bowl champs.

tom_brady_shirtless-4150.jpg

+

randy-fro-and-beard.jpg

+

healthy_living_physical_mental_satisfaction.gif

=

lombardi_2D00_trophy_5F00_full.jpg

Kyle Orton – loves beer
Tim Tebow – loves Jesus

Kyle Orton – kneels when he is too drunk to stand
Tim Tebow – kneels when his feelings for Jesus are too awesome

Kyle Orton – hangs out with college girls because “they like the foosball”
Tim Tebow – plays catch with kids “just because”

more to come later

CC likes Tebow :up:

Carolina picked a QB like i wanted, i just wish they would've picked McCoy over Claussen.

Carolina made the right choice by picking Clausen. They're going to be a great team in the next few years.

My friend who is a Bills fan is upset that they didn't draft Clausen or McCoy. I think they were smart not drafting a QB. Although if they had a shot for Tebow, then it's worth the risk. Trent Edwards still deserves a shot with this football team. Even if Buffalo stumbles next season, there's always Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet and Andrew Luck they can look at for the future.

Last edited:
Jets basically drafted their existing strengths only to get rid of the guys that made them strong in the first place. Typical Woody Johnson releasing Faneca to save a couple million. This is why the Jets are doomed with this turd of an owner. I like Tannenbaum's replacements in the draft, but he added nothing to the front seven. That's Rex Ryan's ego working in, thinking his outside rush will be great with Taylor and the existing players he has. Not liking the egos one bit. They will wear down at the end of the year, and unless they have two more Revis' back there, I don't see them closing critical games out down the stretch.

As for Dallas, can't really complain. Jerry did nothing to add depth to the O-line though other than some scrub tackle from ND. Jerry even admitted if the unit sustains one or two major injuries, the season is basically over.

I liked Faneca two years ago...This past year he was very good in the run, but he was the worst pass blocking Offensive lineman in the league. He allowed the most sacks for any OL player this season...He is due $9 mill the next two seasons.

I liked Faneca two years ago...This past year he was very good in the run, but he was the worst pass blocking Offensive lineman in the league. He allowed the most sacks for any OL player this season...He is due $9 mill the next two seasons.

Well I heard the new kid they drafted also has the same problem. Or it's one or the other. If he's the best run blocker and that is your strength, I am not seeing the logic here.

Excel, what do you make of the Pats draft choices

McCourty over Dez Bryant is a head scratcher, though McCourtey has potential. They had excellent picks across the board after that one though.

So...Carolina drafted two QB's...

Matt Moore :woot:
Jimmy Clausin :whatever:
Tony Pike :dry:
Hunter Cantwell(sp?) (practice squad from last year, signed up in Dec?)

That's QB's Panthers have. Well, it's depth. Moore better get a fair shot. I rather see Pike over Jimmy Clauson though, ND sucks. Calsuondf.:o

Well I heard the new kid they drafted also has the same problem. Or it's one or the other. If he's the best run blocker and that is your strength, I am not seeing the logic here.

The logic is that Faneca isn't good and is payed like he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"