2011 Spike VGAs

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
vga610.jpg

bivwO.jpg

Yep! It's (almost) time once again for the show that no one would care about if it weren't for the sweet, sweet game reveals.

News should start coming out tomorrow, so I thought I would go ahead and make the thread.

Anyone have any guesses on which games they think will be shown?

For reference, these are some of the games that premiered last year. The ones in bold were announced there.

Batman: Arkham City
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Forza 4
inSANE
Mass Effect 3
Mortal Kombat
Portal 2
Prototype 2
Resistance 3
SSX
Uncharted 3

Last edited:
Some of the presentations/conferences have been legendary in terms of their badness.

E3 is so bad now?

It's like watching your drunk middle aged dad attempt to break dance at a wedding party.

[YT]Us__2-FPeGI[/YT]

[YT]ecffZBdhAUU[/YT]

[YT]YtKMqdMWNec[/YT]

[YT]IH2w2l1JTs4&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]QflHRLW0Tz8&feature=related[/YT]

I genuinely enjoy the bad press conferences more than the good ones. They're hilarious.

Yeah it's true about the press-conferences But the rest is still awesome to me!,So when is the VGA's anyway(November or December??),I'm very curious what new games will be announced and what newer trailers for upcoming games!

Here are a few games we'll be seeing at this year's VGAs:

Alan Wake 2
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
And a new Bioware game. (new franchise)

Last edited:
new Bioware game??

wonder what it will be.........

DA3 maybe?? KOTOR 1+2 HD remake??

Nope. They say it's a new franchise.

Rising and a new bioware game sounds great. Can't wait to hear for the rest.

ah.....I see......

a new RPG franchise then??

( does Bioware make anything else besides RPGs? )

They made a couple of action games in the past. (Although I'm sure some would say they haven't made an RPG in ten years. :whatever:)

Let's assume for a moment it is an RPG. They've already made RPGs set in high fantasy, "dark" fantasy, Chinese mythology, space opera, hard sci-fi, and er...Sonic.

What kind of setting would you guys like to see their next RPG set in?

Super excited to know more about the new Alan Wake project, I'm surprised that Microsoft is moving forward with that despite the sales for the first one but at least something new is coming from Remedy...and Bioware as well.

Its a shame Bioware never made another crack at Jade Empire. I think if they moved the gameplay more towards a God of War style and included some of the RPG elements from the first one they'd have a real winner on their hands.

Happy to hear Alan Wake's not dead.

They made a couple of action games in the past. (Although I'm sure some would say they haven't made an RPG in ten years. :whatever:)

Let's assume for a moment it is an RPG. They've already made RPGs set in high fantasy, "dark" fantasy, Chinese mythology, space opera, hard sci-fi, and er...Sonic.

What kind of setting would you guys like to see their next RPG set in?

Renegade Picard.

11112462.jpg

I would...YES. I would be all over that. Make it so, Bioware.

Mr. Caffeine was excruciatingly painful to watch.

It is but I had a blast watching him saying jokes that nobody in the audience laughed at, so damn awkward, and he couldn't even pronounce Tom Clancy right.

"Tom Calancy." :funny:

Alan Wake 2 FTW! Sadly they haven't confirmed that it's really sequel. The game could be the rumored Kinect spin-off (Night Springs).

Alan Wake 2 FTW! Sadly they haven't confirmed that it's really sequel. The game could be the rumored Kinect spin-off (Night Springs).

I thought it was rumored that it was going to be an XBLA title, not Kinect.

VGA has announced it Game Of The Year nominees:
Batman Arkham City
Portal 2
The Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Uncharted 3
Zelda Skyward Sword

Also, most anticipated:
BioShock Infinite
Diablo III
Halo 4
Mass Effect 3
The Last Guardian

Personally I think LA Noire or Dark Souls should have been among GOTY noms while Tomb Raider and GTA5 should have been in the most anticipated list.

It is but I had a blast watching him saying jokes that nobody in the audience laughed at, so damn awkward, and he couldn't even pronounce Tom Clancy right.

"Tom Calancy." :funny:

Yep. Watching stiff corporate *****es trying to be cool and funny is just amazing. The overly practiced fake smile and cadence in their speech, the horrible jokes, the subtle split second of terror you can see in their eyes when they trip over a line. It's awesome. :funny:

I thought it was rumored that it was going to be an XBLA title, not Kinect.
I've heard the XBLA rumors too but a few sites also mentioned a Kinect Wake project or something. Hopefully both are false and the game is a proper sequel that truly exands the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"