2011/2012 NBA Thread: Greatness & Awesomeness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers should have traded him to Orlando when they had the chance. :funny:

I heard that Dwight Howard didn't want to go to Lakers (probably because he wanted to be #1), so I doubt it would've worked out anyway. Unfortunately, Bynum issues right now seemed to be related to maturity, not skills or talents, so it makes it hard to justify trading him even though he keeps making himself look like a clown.

esb62xzj:iphone

I'm not surprised. This is the same player who had declared that closeout games are "easy", then promptly had two no-show games (including sitting away from the huddle in game 6 while he pouts) before Lakers finally finish Nuggets in game 7. Bynum has and still remains to be immature, and I for one won't want Kobe to hand him the key of the franchise until he grows up.

I think he feels like he's "arrived" this season, and honestly, I don't know why. He's never been the singular threat on a team yet, so he doesn't understand just how much he benefits from Gasol & Kobe. Especially considering how inept he's been with double teams all year, he needs to realize the golden opportunity he has right now. Because sooner than later, he just might be the only guy left, and then the team will look towards him for leadership. I shutter at the thought...

Correction: Lakers never traded Fisher to OKC; he was traded to Houston but he then negotiated with the team to let him go, then he signed with OKC as an unrestricted FA.

I think he feels like he's "arrived" this season, and honestly, I don't know why. He's never been the singular threat on a team yet, so he doesn't understand just how much he benefits from Gasol & Kobe. Especially considering how inept he's been with double teams all year, he needs to realize the golden opportunity he has right now. Because sooner than later, he just might be the only guy left, and then the team will look towards him for leadership. I shutter at the thought...

I think after Bynum was voted as an All-Star this season, his ego massively inflated, and he began to start acting like a priviledged brat and behaved like he owns the team or something. Stories after how Jim Buss would never trade his prized draft pick probably didn't help, either. I think in the past, Phil Jackson was able to rein him in, but Mike Brown seems hopeless to tell him what to do, even after that infamous benching after he threw up that 3-pointer. If this continues, I'd rather have Lakers trade him for an All-Star or great supporting players and a lottery pick than letting him do whatever he wishes to do.

Probably laughing at Kobe's reaction after not getting to take the last shot when he was covered and a teammate opened up... God knows I was. :funny: ...and then the postgame interview... :funny:

What a colossal a**hole... :funny:

"Its Wades team!"

God the heat are soo much better without him. mr. irrelevant.

LeBron and the rest of the bench aren't knocking down the shots in the second half either. As far as I'm concerned, everybody is to blame for a ****ty game.

It's time to fire Spoelstra.

Last edited:
Well, everybody else in the consensus Top 4 had a bad day this week, D-wade is just the latest casualty.

Yes def time to panic now. Heat could potentially go back home down 1-3. This series might be over in 6 games but with Indiana winning it.

Let's not blame this on LeBron....but I know it will be anyway.

Besides Bron,Wade,Bosh, and probably Chalmers, the rest of that team is awful.

ruh rohh...Miami now missing a injured star I see.

I think a lot of this is on Wade and some on LeBron but at the end of the day, if Miami loses this series, it's all going to be on Spo no matter what. They're a bigger mess than the Lakers right now.

Erik should have never been the coach for Miami. Let's face it, he's just there along with the talent, and it showed tonight. He's had no answers for the Pacer's D.

The players are at fault here as well. For the love of God, Chalmers is the only that kept false hope alive.

Let's not blame this on LeBron....but I know it will be anyway.

Besides Bron,Wade,Bosh, and probably Chalmers, the rest of that team is awful.

That's the downfall of putting all your cap money into 3 guys, it leaves you with nothing for the bench. The Knicks are going to have the same problem next year.

How many more years do the big 3 have together? 2 right after this season? If they do not win it this year they can forget about it the next 2 years.

How many more years do the big 3 have together? 2 right after this season? If they do not win it this year they can forget about it the next 2 years.

They're all under contract for 2 more seasons and they all can opt out after 2014.

That's the downfall of putting all your cap money into 3 guys, it leaves you with nothing for the bench. The Knicks are going to have the same problem next year.
This is a bit of a misnomer. It certainly could be a problem in some cases, but Miami's cap tied up between the Big 3 is really no different than San Antonio's or Boston's. The difference is deployment with that talent and what rounds out the bench. Miller, Battier and Jones have all been solid rotation players for years in this league and they come to Miami and recede. It's not the most robust bench around, but there's more than enough there to be viable, even with Bosh's absence.

But that all would involve some semblance of appreciable coaching and adjustments rather than shoehorning people into a predetermined system. I've been *****ing about the same thing since 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"