2012/2013 NHL Thread: Freeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
hockey-photo_508x344.jpg

First off, Congrats to the Los Angeles Kings on their first Stanley Cup Championship in their 45-year history.

Free agency starts this coming Sunday, July 1st, and with it the dawn of a new season.....

maybe

Labor strife looms in the near future, as it has already with the NBA and NFL. The Player's Association is now led by the *****e who oversaw the cancellation of the entire 1994 baseball season, Donald Fehr.

Will he and the NHLPA be able to come an agreement with Lord Bettman? Or will Gary and Co. "shana-ban" them come the conclusion of the current CBA in September?

Could the NHL even survive another missed season due to labor strife? And would Canada implode?

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Canada has enough hockey to keep the country stable.

AHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, World Juniors and World Championships. We'll make do.

If there is no lockout the World Juniors will become that much better, like they did in 2005 when Canada plowed all the competitors on route to a 6-0 record.

There is also the Winter Classic, Red Wings vs. Maple Leafs.

[YT]y1iI4rY3L4Q[/YT]

Will Luongo go to Toronto or Florida?

As a Toronto resident, I want Toronto, because it would make the Leafs watchable again. There's no point being the boastful, loudmouth westerner in the office when the Leafs have been so bad for so long the fans are practically inert by now.

As a Canucks fan, though, I want Florida, because Toronto has almost nothing to give Vancouver back that would be of any immediate help to us next year.

I just see no reason Florida would want him back at this point. His contract is terrible and they have a super goalie prospect in Jakob Markstrom, who's almost ready.

I'll be impressed when they have the winter classic at Sun Life Stadium.

Caps name former Devils assistant coach Adam Oates as their new head coach.

The Rocket, Sundin and one of my all time favorite Blues players Oates along with Sakic this year for the Hall, surprised at Sundin over Shanny but oh well.

Yeah it's weird, hadn't really heard a peep from the Canucks about Bure. Florida's already congratulated him though. lol

Will Shanny put out a video on why he didn't get into the Hall?

With that said all solid selections for the most part, but no Shanny was a suprise. And the continued injustice of no Fred Shero or Pat Burns is ridiculous.

Yeah it's weird, hadn't really heard a peep from the Canucks about Bure. Florida's already congratulated him though. lol

I wonder if there's still some bad blood there, or maybe mutual embarassment over how the parties treated each other.

Could be. I heard that Pat Quinn was the person keeping Bure out of the Hall of Fame for the last 6 years.

Which would be weird... considering Quinn was the one who called Bure to congratulate him...

$104.4 Million and 12 years for a guy with a history of head injuries? Really Pittsburgh?

That's almost as bad as $26.25 and 5 years for Dennis Wideman. Jay Feaster should loose his job for making that deal.

I would assume Crosby's contract has health terms in it for games played, etc., and it's also heavily insured.

I would assume Crosby's contract has health terms in it for games played, etc., and it's also heavily insured.

Heavily, but not fully insured due to his history of head injuries and because no NHL contract longer than seven years is fully insurable. But it is heavily front loaded as well, which I assume would make it easier for them to buy him out in the later years if need be.

Bruins resigned Tuukka Rask for 1 year at 3.5 million. Good deal for both sides and I am sure they have a hand shake deal for once Thomas' 5 mil. comes off the books. Still want them to add a top 6 forward that can put the puck in the net.

Like the Jason Garrison signing for Vancouver. He's not the 30-minute defenceman we need, but our defence is still better now than it was during the last season, even with Salo and Rome gone. :up:

Big shoes should fall today with Parise and Suter.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Parise signs with the Wild and Suter goes to the Red Wings.

Big shoes should fall today with Parise and Suter.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Parise signs with the Wild and Suter goes to the Red Wings.

I'm with you on Suter going to Detroit but I think Parise will go to Pittsburgh.

Minnesota connections for both players and a team that could do well (they were 1st in the league in December before imploding) was the difference.

Now the UFA market can get busier.

The Wild are relevant again!!! Now we need a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"