2013/2014 NHL Thread: Kings of the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominant? The Kings were outshot 32-15.

Quick and the Rangers inability to capitalize on the parade of Kings to the penalty box were the reasons the Kings won.

Also the Rangers sliding around on their faces didn't help matters :p

nf5brmnm3pqd616b7m1m.gif

Last edited:
I think a sweep is inevitable. NY, just doesn't have it. LA is too big and strong, the acquisitions of Gaborik and Carter really helped this team talk about finding gems.

Carter has been a King for almost 3 seasons, and they gave up Jack Johnson to get him. Not exactly a "find"

Well thank goodness for that. I didn't want to see the Kings celebrating on the Garden ice. :up:

Carter has been a King for almost 3 seasons, and they gave up Jack Johnson to get him. Not exactly a "find"

He is a find when you consider how much he has helped the Kings get to where they are.

Last edited:
Ironically, it may have been the Garden ice that kept the Kings from celebrating in the first place.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/11/vigneault-thank-god-for-soft-ice/

Over the past few days, Vigneault has sounded like a coach that doesn't believe his players are as good as the opponent and is more that willing to concede. :doh:

Honestly, I'm proud of the Rangers. They have been in a position to win 3 of the 4 games. If things broke a different way, they'd be on the way to LA to try and clinch a cup.

Tampa Bay Lightning is the best!

Over the past few days, Vigneault has sounded like a coach that doesn't believe his players are as good as the opponent and is more that willing to concede. :doh:

Yep, as a Canucks fan, that sounds familiar!

Ironically, it may have been the Garden ice that kept the Kings from celebrating in the first place.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/11/vigneault-thank-god-for-soft-ice/

It's New York City, so I guess a bond trader spilled his cocaine there.

Ahhhhh, I see. So this is previously known behavior about the guy...? Oh. Boy.

Tends to kick in when you're in the final round of the playoffs, and you just need to win one game ... one game. Then he's like, "meh."

My overtime picks tonight: Carter for LA, Kreider for NY.

Imagine if you're the LA player who scores the next goal. It doesn't matter how long the rest of your career is, that will be the highlight of your entire career.

Imagine if you're the LA player who scores the next goal. It doesn't matter how long the rest of your career is, that will be the highlight of your entire career.

Absolutely. It can't get much better than that.

I think it's what every hockey player dreams of. Just like a baseball player hitting a walk off HR to win the World Series, or a basketball player hitting a game winning buzzer beater to win the game.

I think Patrick Kane was the last player to score a GW goal in OT to clinch the Stanley Cup.

What a fantastic game. Hate it for Ranger fans.

Congrats to the Kings!

Damn, I hope Martinez keeps that puck for the rest of his life.

Congrats to the Kings and their fans. They were the better team and were as good as advertised. :up:

Bummed about the Rangers but they played their asses off facing elimination. There was no quit in them. Damn fine run they had. Sorry that it didn't end better. :up: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"