2012 Film With Potentially Amazing Ensemble Casts

redhawk23

Wrestlin'
Reaction score
Make that Films.

Next year seems to have an unusually high number of films that have assembled large casts of very good actors. Not only that but in many cases they are also working with great directors. Its quite exciting. Films that personally come to mind:

Prometheus- just from what I remember off the top of my head this movie has Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Idris Alba, Guy Pierce, Patrick Wilson and Ben Foster among others. Great, great cast.

Django Unchained, Taraintino's next film has Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio (as an antagonist!), Samuel L Jackson, Kerry Washington and I've heard word of Anthony LaPaglia, Kurt Russel and Joseph Gordon Levit.

Gangster Squad reportedly has Brian Cranston, Emma Stone, Robert Patrick, Michael Peña, Giovanni Ribisi, Anthony Mackie, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling and Nick Nolte

Also while I'm not familiar with a number of the The Hobbit's cast, those I am familiar with have me very very excited, that and just the fact that they're finally making the Hobbit!

Any others that come to mind?

The Avengers is the first movie I thought of.

Does The Expendables 2 come out next year? Most of my favorite action stars in one movie.

The Dark Knight Rises :yay::yay::yay:

Avengers

The Expendables

The Dark Knight Rises has a crazy talented cast

Expendables 2 is set for next year.

Some upcoming films with good ensembles :

Carnage = Jody Foster , John C Reilly , Kate Winselt , and Christopher Waltz.

Tower Heist = Mathew Broderick , Eddie Murphy , Ben Stiller , and Casey Affleck

Contraband = Mark Wahlberg , Ben Foster , Giovanni Ribisi , and Kate Beckinsale

The Dark Knight Rises- Christian Bale , Tom Hardy , Marion Cottilard , Gary Oldman , Morgan Freeman and Joseph Gordon Levitt... among others.

It's pretty crazy how many Oscar winners TDKR has.

The casting is still not complete but 2 more that will potentially have great casts:

Lincoln
Les Miserables

Expendables 2 is set for next year.

Some upcoming films with good ensembles :

Carnage = Jody Foster , John C Reilly , Kate Winselt , and Christopher Waltz.

Tower Heist = Mathew Broderick , Eddie Murphy , Ben Stiller , and Casey Affleck

The Dark Knight Rises- Christian Bale , Tom Hardy , Marion Cottilard , Gary Oldman , Morgan Freeman and Joseph Gordon Levitt... among others.

Tower Heist isn't a 2012 film as it comes out on Friday.

Next year seems to have an unusually high number of films that have assembled large casts of very good actors. Not only that but in many cases they are also working with great directors.
I'm pretty sure people say this about every single year... :o :word:

Tower Heist isn't a 2012 film as it comes out on Friday.

Oh I know , I was just listing upcoming movies. Carnage may have been in limited release already but I won't see it until 2012.

It's pretty crazy how many Oscar winners TDKR has.

The casting is still not complete but 2 more that will potentially have great casts:

Lincoln
Les Miserables
its crazy how it looks like Nolan likes to cast actors who were notminated or won. why? i dont know.

Hmmm maybe he just casts good actors/actresses

Nolan likes to cast actors who are very "in", and most of them are in because of their recently oscar nominated performances. And when he cast older character, he pick he biggest actors he can find.

Dark Shadows - Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfieffer, Eva Green, Helena Bonham Carter, Jackie Earle Haley, Chloe Mortez, Christopher Lee among others.

I'm pretty sure people say this about every single year... :o :word:

I personally don't. The thing also is that the films I mentioned were films I was already interested in and following. The casts they have assemble just make me doubly excited.

The Avengers should have been obvious but for some reason I didn't think to mention it.

Also Lincoln, cannot believe I forgot about that.

Btw the pattern here? Joseph Gordon Levvitt included in a large number of projects.

I had never heard of this movie. I'm a big fan of Ben Foster but I think often times hes in some crappy movies. the mechanic comes to mind.

Unfortunately, Cranston is not in The Gangster Squad.

Dark Shadows is a movie that comes up in my mind. Yes there's Burton regulars like Depp, Bonham Carter and even Christopher Lee but reuniting with Pfeiffer and adding Eva Green, Chloe Moretz and Jackie Earle Haley to the cast, it's pretty impressive.

-The Dark Knight Rises: Not to be a fanboy...but what a cast. :awesome: ;) :oldrazz:

-Dark Shadows
-Prometheus
-Lincoln
-Les Miserables

There are probably plenty of 'em, but I don't know what is coming in 2012 at the moment.

Nolan likes to cast actors who are very "in", and most of them are in because of their recently oscar nominated performances. And when he cast older character, he pick he biggest actors he can find.

I don't know about "in." The Machinist wasn't out when Bale was cast in Batman Begins and his career had kind of seemingly stalled at that point.

Sometimes he'll go for the prestige of casting a great actor in a supporting role like Liam Neeson, Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman. But sometimes he seems to enjoy getting old forgotten character actors that audiences have forgotten about like Rutgar Hauer, Eric Roberts and Tom Berenger.

I wouldn't say he chases Oscar nominees/winners the way Robert Marshall or The Weinstein Company does for those movies. He likes to mix it up. The only time I felt he cast for the it factor was Katie Holmes. Oh well.

I had never heard of this movie. I'm a big fan of Ben Foster but I think often times hes in some crappy movies. the mechanic comes to mind.

I like heist films and this one seems gritty, so it could be decent.

I don't know about "in." The Machinist wasn't out when Bale was cast in Batman Begins and his career had kind of seemingly stalled at that point.

I agree. I think if Nolan wanted an "in" actor, he would've went with Jake Gyllenhaal who has way more clout and buzz than Bale at that time. Bale has a cult following but he was still pretty unknown to the GA.

The Amazing Spider-Man: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen, Sally Fields and Denis Leary

Last edited:
Hunger Games- Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, Wes Bentley, Stanley Tucci, Toby Jones, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"