2018 Midterm Thread

At the bare minimum, I am a bit more optimistic about the MI Supreme Court to tell them to pound sand.

Man, this story about NC is crazy.

Reminder that Republicans don’t really care about democracy.

Man, this story about NC is crazy.

There's no way in hell Harris didn't know about Dowless doing this. And yet the RWNJ voter "fraud" hawks remain suspiciously silent about it, while the local GOP here is calling for the North Carolina Board of Elections to certify Harris' win.

The best thing is to call for another election. Hoyer implied that Harris can be denied from his seat in Congress in January until the election fraud issue is resolved.

It’s sad that the NC story isn’t getting more press. Republicans scream about voter fraud and here you have a legitimate case but of course since it’s Republicans doing the fraud there’s barely a wimper.

Didn’t it get the front page of the NYT?

Yeah, CNN has been covering it pretty well. But Bush has been taking the majority of headlines past few days.

NC is getting coverage. The Republicans are trying to downplay it because it is voter fraud in their favor by their people.

It is also part of an investigation that has lasted for over a year. Yeah, the GOP is dirty in NC.

And everywhere else they can be found.

It is also part of an investigation that has lasted for over a year. Yeah, the GOP is dirty in NC.

It’s gotten worse with the migration of progressives from other states (particularly the New England era) and there’s xenophobia regarding the “damn Yankees” making NC their home now.

That’s why the GOP has gotten worse here in the South. Their days are numbered.

Georgia and Texas is also having that problem.

Yeah, when formerly solid red states start turning purple and even blue... that's when the GOP drops any pretenses and starts outright manipulation of the law to their advantage over the voters desires. They are doing so badly even in states they gerrymandered themselves an advantage they are losing.

Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, states where the GOP tries to handicap the government is going to backfire even more next election cycle, assuming their state supreme courts or federal courts don't intervene first and rule these blatant acts of power grabbing are unconstitutional.

Honestly I’ve only seen coverage of the Bush funeral as well what’s going on in Wisconsin.

It has been a busy week. So of course last night I noticed Fox News was deeply concerned about "Christmas Police Ruining Classic Songs"...

Yeah theyve got sensational nonsense to report. The other day I saw a Fox news article about the great and terrible horde migration train. At the top of the article was a crazy pic of thousands of people moving down a road. Then in the article it says "dozens jumped the border". Hardly the nightmare they are indicating with that pic. The way the act the vandals and visigoths are at our city gates.

STLtoday - Missouri Secretary of State Ashcroft launches investigation into Josh Hawley

Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft has launched an investigation into the way Attorney General Josh Hawley ran the office, Ashcroft’s deputy general counsel wrote to a Democratic-allied group Thursday.

The American Democracy Legal Fund wrote to Ashcroft on Nov. 2, days before the midterm elections, alleging that Hawley may have “used public funds as Attorney General to support his candidacy for U.S. Senate.”

The complaint came after the Kansas City Star reported on Oct. 31 that political advisers who would run Hawley’s U.S. Senate campaign also directed taxpayer-funded staff, confusing the attorney general office’s chain of command.

Hawley won against Claire McCaskill and flipped the Senate seat from blue to red.

More Republican abuse of power? Color me shocked.

[insert quote about taking notes on a criminal conspiracy]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"