5 changes you would make to any or all of the X-movies to make them better.

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
What 5 changes would you make to X1, X2, and/or X3 to make them better.

X1
-Have a connection between Rogue and Mystique.
-Give Storm a better line as she finishes off Toad.
-Give Storm blue eyes.
-Have Rogue
-Replace kitty and jubilee's cameos with some other mutants becuase they were older and this movie than they were in the sequels.

X2
-Have more cameos when the mansion is attacked.
-Have more of a connection between Nightcrawler and Mystique.
-Keep Lady Deathstrike alive.
-Bring back Toad.
-Have Wolverine smell Mystique's sent when she is in the tent with him.

X3
-Introduce Emma Frost.
-Have Jubilee in the danger room in the first scene.
-Have Jean be the firey Phoenix like in X2 with better costume and hair.
-Have a connection between Professor and Juggernaut.
-Keep Scott alive.
(I could keep going but 5 is the limit lol)

Well for the last movie X3 i wouldnt have killed off Cyclops thats for sure. and not only that but they lied and even created a poster of Cyclops. They should have used him better. Cyclops would have made the film better. I mean come on he shoots a red laser out of his eyes! lmao

I think in X1, Wolverine and Sabretooth should have known each other, their fight at the end should have been longer.

Okay well first off i wouldnt have let Singer go. He made those films true to the comics with what Fox gave him to work with. Singer wanted to do a X3 but also wanted to do Superman and they were at the same time. So Singer asked Fox to serperate the films, and seeing as Singer did a great job i would have done it.

And then seeing as they let him go they brought in last minute Brett Ratner, which was a huge mistake. And he pretty much killed the franchise with X3.

I would have done the Phoenix story alot better. And instead of having a Wolverine spin off first have a Phoenix spin off cause the Phoenix story is huge and was barely told in X3.

lets see.

X1
-Have actual fight scenes for people other than wolvie
-have rogue and mystique have a relationship
-more jean and scott scenes, together, without logan
-show that sabertooth and logan have a history
-actually have lines for the bad guys. mystique had one, toad had two, sabertoooth had one.......what the heck is that? lines would have made them seem like atually people!

X2
-have rogue more confident and aggressive including a fight scene, letting her do something other than fly a plane (pretty crappily i might add)
-MORE SCOTT!
-there needed to be another fight scene for someone other than wolvie
-take out logan crying after jean dies. the scene was meant for scott and thats how it should have played out.
-more teamwork. less separate things going on. they never worked as a team. logan did everything! and the reason for that was really wasnt a bad guy that the rest of the team could fight. clearly lady deathstrike was only meant to fight logan and thats why the actual fighting for everyone else was so scarce

X3 (wow, where do i begin!)
-include annie's death scene and show how that made jean who she is and the surfacing of her powers
-ACTUALLY HAVE JEAN STRUGGLE BETWEEN THE GOOD AND EVIL INSIDE HER!
-dont kill scott, and put him into the story where he should have been rather than logan
-dont cure rogue, and actually show her struggling about whether she should take the cure or not
-actually show how much the fact that the xmen were fighting one of their own affected them. which i guess would mean that they would have had to actually have fought jean. no one did that either........

and lastly, i think 90 percent of the deleted scenes from the movies should be reinserted back into the movies. they would have helped in several cases to actually show other sides of many of the characters. pretty much all of the jean and rogue scenes are a must throughout the whole trilogy!

Last edited:
^ i noticed that as well when looking at x3 deleted scenes i was wondering why the bad place they cut them

1 thing i must say about x 3 that was done better than x1 and x2 is the fight scenes they were damn good and they actually had the x men fight as a team go figure lol

yeah I think Bobby should have had that scene right before they boarded the x-jet. Everything has to be about Wolverine "you might not come home, she might not come home, blah blah blah" I'm still going to see the movie though EMMA FROST! GAMBIT! DEADPOOL! GO!

Oh yeah and ChaoticPsylocke Rogue did do a little bit more she absorbed Pyro's ability and put the flames out at Bobby's house.

X1: Do not cast Halle Berry as Storm, less focus on Wolverine
X2: Give Rogue Ms. Marvel powers somehow, less focus on Wolverine
X3: Too many things to mention here... :hehe:

X1:
1. Recast Storm
2. Get rid of the line about Toads and lightning.
3. Put the deleted scenes back in.
4. Change the CGI on the mutant making machine. It's blinding at the final scene.
5. Give some more scenes to Scott, Ororo, and Jean. Establish Cyclops more as the leader.

X2.
1. Show Cyclops trapped under Stryker.
I can't think of anything else right now.

X3.
1. Rogue does not take the cure.
2. Give more focus to Collosus. Have him fight Juggernaut maybe.
3. Do not use the Phoenix subplot. Save it for when it could be done right.
4. Since Marsden was doing SR, they could have Cyclops leave the team for a while to mourn.
5. Reduce the cameos. Save the Morlocks for later. Instead of Callisto and the others they can have Quicksilver, a returned Toad, etc. Juggernaut could stay if he has the connection to Charles. I would actually have Magneto search him out specifically, knowing who he is and what he can do.

lets see.

X1
-Have actual fight scenes for people other than wolvie
-have rogue and mystique have a relationship
-more jean and scott scenes, together, without logan
-show that sabertooth and logan have a history
-actually have lines for the bad guys. mystique had one, toad had two, sabertoooth had one.......what the heck is that? lines would have made them seem like atually people!

X2
-have rogue more confident and aggressive including a fight scene, letting her do something other than fly a plane (pretty crappily i might add)
-MORE SCOTT!
-there needed to be another fight scene for someone other than wolvie
-take out logan crying after jean dies. the scene was meant for scott and thats how it should have played out.
-more teamwork. less separate things going on. they never worked as a team. logan did everything! and the reason for that was really wasnt a bad guy that the rest of the team could fight. clearly lady deathstrike was only meant to fight logan and thats why the actual fighting for everyone else was so scarce

X3 (wow, where do i begin!)
-include annie's death scene and show how that made jean who she is and the surfacing of her powers
-ACTUALLY HAVE JEAN STRUGGLE BETWEEN THE GOOD AND EVIL INSIDE HER!
-dont kill scott, and put him into the story where he should have been rather than logan
-dont cure rogue, and actually show her struggling about whether she should take the cure or not
-actually show how much the fact that the xmen were fighting one of their own affected them. which i guess would mean that they would have had to actually have fought jean. no one did that either........

and lastly, i think 90 percent of the deleted scenes from the movies should be reinserted back into the movies. they would have helped in several cases to actually show other sides of many of the characters. pretty much all of the jean and rogue scenes are a must throughout the whole trilogy!

I totally agree.

my 5 changes

X-Men 3:
add back any 5 of the deleted scenes from the dvd and that would make it worlds better

X2:
The plot should have been about Stryker creating the Sentinels to hunt mutants instead of him using Cerebro to kill mutants, Wolverine's past should have not been explored (it should have still remained mysterious) and Cyclops should have not been kidnapped by Stryker instead Xavier should have went to meet Magneto in his prison without Cyclops accompanying him.

Last edited:
X1:
-Have another actress play Storm (Vivica A. Fox pops into my head for some reason)
-Have Beast be in the film and NOT have cookie monster fur
-Have the mansion at hatley castle
-Have Rogue be more tougher, harder but still deeply insecure and withdrawn and give her a thicker southern accent.
-Change the uniforms

X2:
-Give Pyro an Australian accent
-Give Cyclops more screen time and more development with Jean
-Change the X-Ladies hairstyles.
-Make the Jean/Logan flirtation a little more subtle (I hated the kissing scene it just seemed so out of place)
-Have the team be more emotionally impacted by Jean's death

X3 (can it be more than five lol)
-Have Gambit as a new major character.
-The whole plot will be about Phoenix. NO CURE PLOT. And, of course, Phoenix effect.
-Get Emma Frost and Hellfire Club in there maybe working with Magneto and the Brotherhood (which would be much bigger). Emma would be a former love interest of Xavier's like Singer intended
-Singer would direct the film
-Maybe give Rogue enhanced strength and such. Maybe she absorbs someone's powers. Miss. Marvel could be working for the Brotherhood.
*Bonus-SENTINELS!

Last edited:
X-MEN

- Blob is in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Mystique looks closer to the comic and is Rogue's mother
- Sabretooth has better dialogue
- Wolverine and Sabretooth have a brutal fight and their history is mentioned
- Cyclops is more of a leader and has the idea to stop Magneto

X-MEN 2
-Danger Room Sequence.
-Rogue more powerful.
-Toad and Blob
-Toad vs Nightcrawler
-Iceman slide....maybe to get people on the x-jet

X-MEN 3

- Gambit introduced as rebel but joins x-men in final battle, flirts with Rogue
- Cyclops doesn't die and is part of the final battle
- The original Phoenix storyline with White Queen , Jean becoming a spirit at the end,etc.
- Nightcrawler at Xavier's funeral
- Beast stays with the team at the end

Last edited:
X-Men
1. That Wolverine and Sabretooth's fight in the snow be of a decent length, just make it that Rogue's predicament takes a little longer getting there.
2. Fight between Toad and X-Men be more epic, have Cyclops blasting at him while he leaps all around the place.
3. Storm and Magneto flight battle around the Staute of Liberty.
4. See some flashbacks to other X-Men's origins, they planned to show young Storms initially. Cyclops would've been good too, but we're getting that in Wolverine origins now anyway.
5. Wolverine and Sabretooth fight on SOL to be longer.

X-Men2

1. Have Nightcrawler be more of the swashbuckling type from the early comics rather than the pious religious type from later ones.
2. Have Stryker have control of a few mutants, not just Deathstryke, for the battle at the end at Alkali lake. Sure I read somewhere they planned Nightcrawler vs Toad at some stage.
3. More of Wolverine fighting the army at the mansion, e.g. when he shouts 'you wanna shoot me, shoot me' have him run into a hail of bullets fighting. For that scene to work you'd have to change the bullet knocking him out part later, which I would want too.
4. Some good bonding interaction between the swashbuckling Nightcrawler and Wolverine like the early comics.
5. More Cyclops, should've gave him a longer fight against Deathstryke at least. More of him at the end battle too , esp if more mind controlled mutants involved.

X-Men3

1. Have swashbuckling Nightcrawler still a part of the team. Should have gave us a scene with him in public with Logan, maybe at a bar, getting trouble from locals, like a story featured in an old strip.
2. No killing off Cyclops, have him in the movie all the way through, three way tug of war between Jean, Logan and Scott would have made for great drama.
3. More of Beast in action.
4. During the attack on the cure queues, have it more epic, causing Rogue to fall and get trapped under a couple of mutants, she inadvertantly absorb their powers permanently and shows up at the end battle to help at a pivotal moment.
5. Ice-Man vs Pyro to be far better, involving ice-slides, flame creatures and whatnot.

I don't have 5, but I just finished watching X2 for the first time in a long while, and one very minor thing I would change is remove the shot of Pyro in the helicopter. I thought it would've been much cooler to see him standing in the snow as the final shot (as Magneto and Mystique look at each other), then we hear he got on the copter from Jean.

Very minor detail, but I feel that would've had greater effect.

X-Men
1. That Wolverine and Sabretooth's fight in the snow be of a decent length, just make it that Rogue's predicament takes a little longer getting there.
2. Fight between Toad and X-Men be more epic, have Cyclops blasting at him while he leaps all around the place.
3. Storm and Magneto flight battle around the Staute of Liberty.
4. See some flashbacks to other X-Men's origins, they planned to show young Storms initially. Cyclops would've been good too, but we're getting that in Wolverine origins now anyway.
5. Wolverine and Sabretooth fight on SOL to be longer.

X-Men2

1. Have Nightcrawler be more of the swashbuckling type from the early comics rather than the pious religious type from later ones.
2. Have Stryker have control of a few mutants, not just Deathstryke, for the battle at the end at Alkali lake. Sure I read somewhere they planned Nightcrawler vs Toad at some stage.
3. More of Wolverine fighting the army at the mansion, e.g. when he shouts 'you wanna shoot me, shoot me' have him run into a hail of bullets fighting. For that scene to work you'd have to change the bullet knocking him out part later, which I would want too.
4. Some good bonding interaction between the swashbuckling Nightcrawler and Wolverine like the early comics.
5. More Cyclops, should've gave him a longer fight against Deathstryke at least. More of him at the end battle too , esp if more mind controlled mutants involved.

X-Men3

1. Have swashbuckling Nightcrawler still a part of the team. Should have gave us a scene with him in public with Logan, maybe at a bar, getting trouble from locals, like a story featured in an old strip.
2. No killing off Cyclops, have him in the movie all the way through, three way tug of war between Jean, Logan and Scott would have made for great drama.
3. More of Beast in action.
4. During the attack on the cure queues, have it more epic, causing Rogue to fall and get trapped under a couple of mutants, she inadvertantly absorb their powers permanently and shows up at the end battle to help at a pivotal moment.
5. Ice-Man vs Pyro to be far better, involving ice-slides, flame creatures and whatnot.

I agree.

Xavier should have not been killed off in X3.

Last edited:
Xavier should have not been killed off in X3.

See, I didn't mind that as much as Cyclops. It actually had an impact on the team and it was a good death scene. I thought a lot of the Xavier scenes bogged down X2 so didn't mind that he was removed from the remainder of X-Men3, I thought he served the movie better through his death. I wouldn't be saying this if it was permanent though, I think he's an important character. They brought him back in that scene after the credits. I think that braindead guy whom he took over was supposed to be his twin brother so they could bring back PS.

All three felt like made for TV movies.

#1 replace Brian Singer
#2 make a better Sabertooth
#3 get rid of the Phoenix plot
#4 replace Brian Singer
#5 make Colossus Russian

I have one BIG change that would change more than five things and that's: Keep the fantasy part of the X-men to bad place with all this realistic S&@*, What makes the x-men so great, to me, Is that it has very realistic/thought provoking elements in a very fantasy world. It's not every fans cup of tea but it sure is mine.

I have one BIG change that would change more than five things and that's: Keep the fantasy part of the X-men to bad place with all this realistic S&@*, What makes the x-men so great, to me, Is that it has very realistic/thought provoking elements in a very fantasy world. It's not every fans cup of tea but it sure is mine.

I couldn't agree more. :up:

what's with the cameo frenzy..?

Agreed 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"