5 changes you would make to any or all of the X-movies to make them better.

I have one BIG change that would change more than five things and that's: Keep the fantasy part of the X-men to hell with all this realistic S&@*, What makes the x-men so great, to me, Is that it has very realistic/thought provoking elements in a very fantasy world. It's not every fans cup of tea but it sure is mine.
Yellow spandex, time travel, alien space operas and 40 foot purple robots who are easily destroyed? I've always found that to be the weakness with the comics. They have great stories but then all of a sudden they add in aliens and time machines that just give the serious tone of the stories some serious cheesiness and irreverence. So I'm gonna go with a big NO on that. Besides, wasn't X3 the one with fantasy elements anyway? lol.

My only thing with the movies was that Rogue was such a useless character. She could have been so much better.

Yellow spandex, time travel, alien space operas and 40 foot purple robots who are easily destroyed? I've always found that to be the weakness with the comics. They have great stories but then all of a sudden they add in aliens and time machines that just give the serious tone of the stories some serious cheesiness and irreverence. So I'm gonna go with a big NO on that. Besides, wasn't X3 the one with fantasy elements anyway? lol.

Not big on the Yellow Spandex myself, although some variation in costume would be nice. To everything else: To each his own. And on the X3: I didn't notice any Fantasy elements, it had just about the same wack realness in tone as the other two. My opinion stands.

its easy, make them less Logan based. It is cool to have Logan in there, however not take over the whole team. I would have Scot lead and be more true to comics as a struggle for mutants against the world rather then Logan's sturggle.

X1
- Wolverine and Sabretooth know one another
- Sabretooth is smarter, more sadistic, unpredictable.
- Beast.
- Danger Room.
- Half an hour longer.

X2
- See a little bit of Colossus and the escaped students out in the world, trying to get to safety
- Better, less jumpy wire-work fight between Wolverine and Deathstryke.
- More for Cyclops to do.

X3
- Cyclops lives, and is the one who has to kill Jean in the end.
- Get rid of the cure plot.
- Better use of Angel.
- Real, firey Phoenix/Dark Phoenix

X3
- Cyclops lives, and is the one who has to kill Jean in the end.

i kinda liked logan killing jean for this reason it could set up a huge heated rivalry with scott and Logan. Hell scott can join the brotherhood for bit i am more intrigued in scott trying to get revenge on the man who killed his woman .

Scott could be all " hey you didn't even check to see if i was alive"

- Another actress for Rogue.
- Rogue having more attitude.
- Jean doesn't kill Cyclops and Xavier.
- Storm's hair and accent remain as in X1 through the other 2 movies.
- One year ago I would have said "working Gambit into it" but now we have Gambit, and I'm happy. So I guess that's it. I'm cool with The cure concept in X3 and everything else.

Yeah I think that Storm's hair and accent should have stayed to be true to the character. She is supposed to be a long white haired African Goddess but the short hair in X-3 did look good.

X3:

-No Mutant Cure storyline in X3, I find that storyline meh and it took focus off the Phoenix storyline.

-No return of Magneto and Mystique.

-The Hellfire Club should have been included.

-No death of Cyclops and Xavier.

-Wolverine killing Hellfire Club Sentries in berserker rage for the survival of his comrades.

-Cyclops kills Dark Phoenix but first He hesitates to kill, so then He tells Colossus and Wolverine to do it (who fail to kill Dark Phoenix), then Dark Phoenix telepathicly removes Cyclops visors, his optic blast hit her accidently (which kills her), thus, commiting suicide (like in the comic books).

-No flashbacks in the beggining of the movie.

-Xaviers mental blocks should have not been the cause of Jean Grey's transformation into Phoenix instead Masterminds mind control should have been the cause.

-Cyclops should should have had more to do and should be the full fledged team leader.

-Nightcrawler should have been back instead of adding Angel.

-Wolverine should have not been softened and should have remained badass like He was in X1 and X2.

-Friendship should have been developed between Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

-Phoenix should have been firey like at the end of X2 instead of some pale zombie and better costume instead of the Dante from Devil May Cry type of costume that the movie ended up with.

-The movie should have been 133 min in length like X2 instead of the 104 min length that it ended up with.

Last edited:
For the 1st 2, can't really think of 5, the suggestions are to create as minor changes to the films as possible...

X1
1-Backstory/connection between Rogue and Mystique (Mystique is disguised as the mom, with Destiny as the other parent, in Rogue's opening sequence, as a way to keep an eye on her until she's ready for Mags, but she runs away after kissing the boy...)
2-Storm's blue eyes
3-More drama from Storm after being kicked in the elevator, maybe she triggers a hurricane (claustrophobia-comic Storm would be incapable of flying up the shaft) and the X-Men and Brother hood battle, as potentially rips the statue of liberty apart
4-Jean would have to get her out, as Wolverine battles Mystique amd Cyke Toad (better utlization of each character)

X2
1-Keep Storm's accent
2-Backstory/connection between Nightcrawler and Mystique

X3
1-Nix the Phoenix story
2-Cure and culminating war are the main storylines
3-Prof. X sends Scott to spend time with his bro (this would both fit Marsden's schedule and keep his character alive)
4-Reveal and develop the backstory behind the Professor and Juggernaut
5-Develop Magneto as more of a terrorist, as he forms Genosha (where he rallies and trains his troops for the final war)

Sorry Bonus-After the credits, either show Jean washed up on the shores of Alkalai lake or Trask speaks to the president about greenlighting project wideawake, as the mutant war that just past shows just how dangerous mutants can be

Last edited:
X1
-cast Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth, and give him more lines/more history with wolverine since this movie focuses on him a bit and Sabretooth's arc could easily mirror wolverine's.
-fewer cameos

X2
-fewer cameos
-deathstrike lives

X3
-add in the deleted scenes
-scott doesnt die
-Juggernaut is Xavier's stepbrother
-rogue doesnt get cured
-nightcrawler shows up, fights and stuggles with whether or not to take the cure

1. Cyclops lives
2. Only one major storyline in X3
3. Professor X and Juggernaut are half-brothers
4. In X3, any new characters should be introduced to further the story; not just because they're cool.
5. Characters should retain their essences. Wolverine shouldn't act like Cyclops and vice-versa.

1. Destroy Fox and give the rights to Marvel.
2. Destroy Fox and give the rights to Marvel.
3. Destroy Fox and give the rights to Marvel.
4. Destroy Fox and give the rights to Marvel.
5. Destroy Fox and give the rights to Marvel.

I agree with the above posts, especially ChaoticPsylocke's

X1-
1. Make Sabertooth and Toad more assassin-like. Sabertooth with incredible frenzied speed and sharp claws, Toad with a tongue that can slice a person's throat. They did not seem dangerous, but more like minions to stomp.
2. Give Rogue the Southern accent and less of a wuss.
3. More self-discovery in regards to powers (Rogue takes more peoples powers)
4. Recast storm for someone who actually looks like she belongs in the movie.

X2-
1. History between Deathstrike and Logan
2. Flesh out the attack on the mansion. I wanna see Colossus bowling people over, Bobby escaping, Pyro setting things on fire.
3. More self-discovery in regards to powers (i.e. Bobby freezes a huge radius to protect them and passes out)
4. Bring back the brotherhood.

X3-
1. Colossus vs. Jug!
2. Nightcrawler!
3. Angel being not just a skinny wimp
4. No Phoenix! Forget Jean Grey altogether. The audience won't forget her if we leave her out of one movie!
5. Don't kill off Prof X, instead, bring him to the Savage Land.

X1
1-clothes+no scales for mystique
2brotherhood-magneto,mystique,sabes,toad,blob
3-more screen time for cyke+jean
4-x-men-cyke,wolv,jean,storm,beast,iceman,angel
5-toad(not dead anyway),and sabes dont appear dead
X2
1-cyclops does get captured+escaped+WAY more screen time
2-x-men-cyke,wolv,jean,storm,kurt,collosus,rouge(powers),beast
3-mastermind is not strkers son,is just like comics,is being brainwashed
4-deathstrike=wolverines history
5-brotherhood-magneto,mystique,sabes,toad
X3(got all lot)
1-cyke+prof x dont die
2-juggernaut is profs step-brother+american+fight w/collosus+more screen time
3-fiery+hinted to be alien=phoenix
4-sentinels
5-hellfire club

X1-
1. More distinctive look to the costumes. Not quite like the comic costumes, but just have them be a little different for each member.
2. More Scott, Less Logan.
3. Less of a Rogue pity party.
4. Backstory. The filmmakers said they were so intrigued by the characters, yet aside from Wolverine, Rogue and Magneto, we got next to nothing in terms of backstory for the other guys. I'd especially like backstory for Scott, to set up Havok in later films.
5. An idea that there were an original five students (Cyke, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman). They dont even all have to be in the film. I would just like it referenced.

X2-
1. The introduction of Emma Frost. And not Sigourney Weaver. A younger Emma Frost, around Scott and Jean's age. This way it would make Jean seem like less of a cheating ****e, and Scott seem like he isnt Jean's loyal lapdog.
2. As others have said, the Mystique/Nightcrawler/Rogue connection.
3. A bigger. more badass Colossus fight.
4. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
5. Jean realizing that Emma has feelings for Scott and Scott realizing that she may have strong feelings for Logan.

X3-
1. No Phoenix stuff. Leave it for a forth film. Let this just be a film about the cure. Meaning...
2. Cyclops and Professor X live!
3. The Charles/Juggernaut connection.
4. No "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!" It was funny as an internet thing, but in the film?! Just ****ing stupid.
5. No flirting between Kitty and Bobby. She's Colossus' girl, dip****! :cmad::oldrazz:

Yep... I think I could've done a pretty decent job on these films.

No flirting between Kitty and Bobby. She's Colossus' girl, dip****!

:oldrazz::woot::word::yay::grin:..........:boba:

dude you crack me up!

just imagine collosus walking into kittys room and finding them...crack!.......iceman is dead:csad:

I woulda turned Rogue in the first movie into Jubilee (Rogue already being an X-Man at the time. That way, it'd also be more of a suprise when it turns out Magneto's after Rogue as opposed to Logan.

I woulda made all three movies much longer. Like three hours apiece. X-Men has one of the most convoluted mythologies out there. Why skimp?

I woulda waited til Singer was done with Superman to make X-3.

1. A spunky southern Rogue.
2. A confident capable Cyclops. + more screen time.
3. More character for Colossus.
4. A witty funny Iceman.

Having said that, I wasn't dissapointed with the movies. Enjoyed them all.

over all-less time for wolverine,more for cyke:word:
X1
1-mystique-clothes,no scales,longer hair
2-more time for villians
brotherhood-magneto,mystique,sabes,toad,avalanche
3-x-men-cyke,wolv,jean,beast,storm
4-henry gyrich does not die
5-more action
X2
1-scott does not get captured,goes w/team
2-deathstrike and wolvs past
3-brotherhood-mags,mys,toad,sabes
4-x-men-cyke,wolv,jean,iceman,rogue(ms marvel powers),nightcrawler
5-no dark cerebro,sentinels instead
X3
1-scott does not die,more screen time,kills jean in end
2-x-men-cyke,emma,wolv,storm,beast,gambit,rogue,iceman,angel,collosus,kitty
3-hellfire club-shaw,leland,pierce,frost(betray),gambit(betray),wyngarde,pheonix
4-juggs(american) and prof x history
5-more screen for collosus,kitty,angel,juggernaut

There was this dialogue that Wolverine says "she's good" about Mystique to Magneto, in X2.

I would want to change the dialogue to "she's good but I'm better!"

why? he didnt do anything that she did, nor could he...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"