5-Hour Energy drinks linked to heart attacks and "spontaneous abortion"

Or to be more specific, the flavored energy shot "has been mentioned in some 90 filings with the F.D.A., including more than 30 that involved serious or life-threatening injuries like heart attacks, convulsions and, in one case, a spontaneous abortion," according to a New York Times investigation.
Out of how many people actually using the product? This seems like sensationalism.

I call b.s. These people had health problems to begin with.

"Mentioned in 90 filings" doesn't cause me any great alarm. Heart disease and obesity kill millions, but nobody's screaming to get sugar, fat and sodium off the shelves. I'll keep using it in moderation, like everything.

The phrase "correlation =/= causation" comes to mind.

Then again, there doesn't seem to be much correlation either.

I'm not concerned about it. I've been working graveyard hours for years, energy drinks are pretty much a requirement for me lol.

Science experiment time. I wonder how many energy drinks a small animal can drink before it dies.

Something tells me some of these heart attack cases came from people who regularly knocked back two 5 Hour Energy shots twice or thrice a day, rather than the average customer who has one in the morning before work.

reminds me of the teenage waitress overdosed on caffeine after drinking 14 shots of espresso and could hardly breathe. She was taken to hospital with a high temperature and heart palpitations.

She had drunk almost three times the recommended daily amount of caffeine in just four hours.

People really should read the damn label on stuff or just use common sense before they take things

5-hour Energy can make a mint now selling this stuff in states with parental consent laws.

Something tells me some of these heart attack cases came from people who regularly knocked back two 5 Hour Energy shots twice or thrice a day, rather than the average customer who has one in the morning before work.

That does seem likely. I guess the woman decided to ignore the warning label
DSC05981.jpg

5-hour Energy can make a mint now selling this stuff in states with parental consent laws.

Would people be allowed to purchase Abortion drinks at a convenience store?

^ :woot:. I can see this item hitting shelves by 2015.

It'll really be popular with those heathen ****es in the big city, opening their legs willy nilly for every Tom, Dick and Harry. :o

Spontaneous abortion? Band name?

Spontaneous abortion? Band name?

Too late. There's a punk band in Canada called The Day Glo Abortions and another band called Me, Mom and Morgentaler (Morgentaler was the doctor who was largely responsible for having abortion legalized in Canada).

I don't care too much for energy drinks. I'll have one every now and then.

reminds me of the teenage waitress overdosed on caffeine after drinking 14 shots of espresso and could hardly breathe. She was taken to hospital with a high temperature and heart palpitations.

She had drunk almost three times the recommended daily amount of caffeine in just four hours.

People really should read the damn label on stuff or just use common sense before they take things
Maybe there needs to be a Surgeon Generals warning on all Caffeine products?
Spontaneous abortion?
Fancy word for "Miscarriage", I'm geussing .

Too late. There's a punk band in Canada called The Day Glo Abortions and another band called Me, Mom and Morgentaler (Morgentaler was the doctor who was largely responsible for having abortion legalized in Canada).

Thank you for this nugget. The more you know...

I saw this on the news a few days ago...I knew this crap was bad for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"