5 Surprising Symptoms of Infidelity

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
5 Surprising Symptoms of Infidelity

Everybody thinks they can spot a cheater a mile away. Adulterers, after all, have the same characteristics, right? Wandering eyes, secret cell phones, last name Sheen. If only it were that easy.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where people fall out of their fidelity flight patterns and take off on their own different courses all the time, even though we desperately want to believe that our partners won't be unfaithful. That's why it's important to know some of the traits and sneaky signals that are common in people who tend to be unfaithful in the relationships.

Now, I'm not suggesting you automatically end your relationship if your partner falls into one of these categories, but I do think that these are some signs you should be aware of - so you can be on the lookout for warnings of wandering.

Cheating Sign #1: He Doesn't Pay His Bills On Time

Some research shows that unreliability and carelessness is part of a personality trait called "low consciousness," which is a marker for infidelity. Makes sense. A guy who's careless about his own responsibilities is going to be just as careless about his relationships.

Cheating Sign #2: He's A Do-Gooder

What? Your guy contributes to the local orchestra fund, the church, and the alumni association, plus he volunteers to build houses for the homeless. How could a guy like that give into the temptation of midnight motel rooms?

A study just published in the November issue of the Journal of Applied Psychology found that when there's a blurry line between right and wrong (as there often is with matters of infidelity), the people who become the worst cheaters are actually the ones who think of themselves as having the highest moral standards.

Why? The speculation is that these people can justify their wrongdoings with explanations that they weren't doing anything wrong at all. Simply put, not following the Monogamy Rules (a faithfully popular Men's Health story) makes it hard for the Do-Gooder to live in his skin.

Cheating Sign #3: He's Rolling In The Dough

A study in the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy found that those people who earned more money were more likely to cheat than those who earned less. It's not because they have more income to open new credit cards, carry more cash, or spend more coin on mistress gifts. Some researchers theorize that those with lower salaries - and thus those who are more dependent on others in a relationship - are less likely to risk ruining the relationship.

Cheating Sign #4: He's A Yeller

While yelling and anger may not seem to be all that connected to cheating, a recent Australian study found that unfaithful partners show many of the same personality characteristics as abusive ones. Those who are more likely to be abusive (verbally or physically) are simply more likely to be unfaithful. What's already bad has the potential of getting even worse.

Cheating Sign #5: He's A Mirror Hog

Some research has shown that the single biggest trait of cheaters is-surprise, surprise-narcissism. These self-loving folks are so wrapped up in their own self-importance that they don't even consider the effect that cheating has on the other person. So what if I stray and have the occasional one-nightstand? I deserve to be happy. Have you seen these guns, baby

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/70193/5-surprising-symptoms-of-infidelity/

This seems like B.S.

Cheating Sign #1: He Doesn't Pay His Bills On Time

Some research shows that unreliability and carelessness is part of a personality trait called "low consciousness," which is a marker for infidelity. Makes sense. A guy who's careless about his own responsibilities is going to be just as careless about his relationships.

Cheating Sign #3: He's Rolling In The Dough

A study in the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy found that those people who earned more money were more likely to cheat than those who earned less. It's not because they have more income to open new credit cards, carry more cash, or spend more coin on mistress gifts. Some researchers theorize that those with lower salaries - and thus those who are more dependent on others in a relationship - are less likely to risk ruining the relationship.

We just can't win.

why are all of those relating to "he"? what, girls don't cheat or something?!

that's news to me after what i just endured a couple months back...

Ya, seriously. Girls don't cheat. They call it something else :)

And this leads to our girlfriends being more paranoid,and trusting us even less, fantastic.
Thats why magazines like Cosmo should be abolished.
"5 WAYS TO TELL IF YOUR GUY IS CHEATING" "5 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP" "5 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR LOVE LIFE" "5 WAYS TO SEE IF YOUR MAN STILL LOVES YOU"

Shut the f*** up :down

Well..............................yeah......:hehe:

I love that lil smiley, you heartless robot :o:cmad: (would have called you something else but your name's red) :grin:

And this leads to our girlfriends being more paranoid,and trusting us even less, fantastic.
"5 WAYS TO TELL IF YOUR GUY IS CHEATING" "5 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP" "5 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR LOVE LIFE" "5 WAYS TO SEE IF YOUR MAN STILL LOVES YOU"

Can I have an Amen brother :up:

The late bills thingy makes sense though. I mean, us guys, getting so much sex -- we're too busy smiling from ear to ear and finding mass quantities of ice to rest our over-used genitalia on to be worrying about making rent.

I love that lil smiley, you heartless robot :o:cmad: (would have called you something else but your name's red) :grin:

Ashame that doesn't work on everyone.....:cwink:

why are all of those relating to "he"? what, girls don't cheat or something?!

Well, of course women don't cheat only men are the bad guys and if a woman is sleeping around on her guy is becasue she is getting back at him for something so its ok.:woot:

Cheating only works when either or both of the partners are dishonest with each other.

Cheating only adheres to a traditionally predefined box of what a relationship is. Fair enough, but different relationships would owe to a different set of rules, respective of personality and mindset and circumstance and the like.

Cheating is borne of jealousy, a natural innate urge that doesn't have to be viewed at all bad, if controlled with maturity. But cheating is the act; jealousy is theoretical.

There should be a "5 WAYS TO TELL IF YOU'RE A PARANOID *****"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"