6-yr-old misses bus, tries driving to school

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/ODD_Boy_Driver.html

WICOMICO CHURCH, Va. — A 6-year-old Virginia boy who missed his bus tried to drive to school in his family's sedan — and crashed. His parents were charged with child endangerment. State police said the boy suffered only minor injuries and authorities drove him to school after he was evaluated at a local hospital for a bump on his head. He arrived shortly after lunch, Sgt. Tom Cunningham said.

It happened around 7:40 a.m. Monday on Route 360, about 61 miles east of Richmond.

The boy, whose name wasn't released, missed the bus, took the keys to his family's 2005 Ford Taurus and drove nearly six miles toward school while his mother was asleep, police said.

He made at least two 90-degree turns, passed several cars and ran off the rural two-lane road several times before hitting an embankment and utility pole about a mile and a half from school.

The boy told police he learned to drive playing Grand Theft Auto and Monster Truck Jam video games.

"He was very intent on getting to school," said Northumberland County Sheriff Chuck Wilkins. "When he got out of the car, he started walking to school. He did not want to miss breakfast and PE."

His parents, Jacqulyn Deana Waltman, 26, and David Eugene Dodson, 40, are each charged with child endangerment, Wilkins said. Waltman is being held without bond. Dodson was released on a $5,000 bond.
Five bucks says someone sues the makers of GTA. :whatever:

The best damn 6-year-old in town!

Latarian? Is that you?

6 years old and already killing virtual hookers......his parents must be so proud!!! at least school is on his list of priorities. he must play 'Bully' also.

Leaving guns out, leaving keys where 6 year olds can get them...who are these people having kids?

I'm impressed that he wanted to get to school so badly.

and they say the children don't value their education

6 miles is pretty damn impressive. But I'm sick of parents being blamed for ******ed kids. Leaving your keys less than 6' high shouldn't be a crime.

I was going to say this kid is a bit of a nerd to want to get to school so badly but then I read that he didn't want to miss breakfast and PE. He'll probably grow up to be a jock.

A six-year-old who plays GTA and drives to school? It makes sense to arrest his parents because he clearly has no adult supervision whatsoever.

A six-year-old who plays GTA and drives to school? It makes sense to arrest his parents because he clearly has no adult supervision whatsoever.

I agree. It's all on the parents or lack there of.

I think the parents should be given a medal. This kid will grow up to be Jack Bauer.

Also, they've clearly instituted the importance of an education here.

Jeez, he got pretty far. Never knew any kid that wanted to get to school that badly! However, I'm moreso thinking the parents should get in trouble for letting him play GTA at such a young age :down

Jeez, he got pretty far. Never knew any kid that wanted to get to school that badly! However, I'm moreso thinking the parents should get in trouble for letting him play GTA at such a young age :down

Can't miss gym and breakfast! A kid after my own heart :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"