• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

69th Golden Globe Awards a/k/a Ricky Gervais Strikes Back

Well it was a pretty predictable show (the only award I didn't call was Clooney because I thought Brad Pitt not having a globe and being equally famous would overpower him)...but still pretty entertaining because I liked most of the winners:

Loved seeing The Descendants, Scorsese, Woody Allen, Homeland, Claire Danes and Peter Dinklage all winning.

All in all pretty good. Last thoughts: I need to see The Artist and Harvey Weinstein's power is unfathomable (TWC produced and/or distributed The Artist, The Iron Lady, My Weekend with Marilyn and W.E. which won SIX GLOBES.

Now, onto the Oscars for next month.

Glenn Closes arch nemesis Meryl Streep lol

The Clooney/Brad Pitt one-upsmanship of presenting each others movie was....a bit much

I did like the bit with the cane

Somehow I see Dicaprio trying be like Clooney with all the charity work and girlfriends

Way to go Harrison Ford. C'mon let's move this thing along!

And lots of Harvey Weinstein jabs

-The boss
-God
-The punisher

Best Win: Midnight in Paris for screenplay
Worst Loss: TGWTDT for score, so deserved it.

So Gervais was put on a leash? Not even gonna bother watching the replay then.

So Gervais was put on a leash? Not even gonna bother watching the replay then.
Forget a leash, seems more like they just locked him in a cage backstage, only to make a brief appearance every hour or so.

I thought Davis should have won for The Help instead of Meryl and Pitt instead of Clooney but other than that i thought it was a pretty good night for everyone.

I thought Davis should have won for The Help instead of Meryl and Pitt instead of Clooney but other than that i thought it was a pretty good night for everyone.
I agree on Davis, though I think of those Best Actor nominees, neither Clooney nor Pitt deserved it. Shoulda been Fassbender.

I'm guessing the show this year is going to get a lot of flack for its bordeom. And consequently the HFPA is going to blame it on that no one wants to see Gervais, while the reason for its bombing is the complete opposite.

Ah well, the good thing is that the correct winners won this year :)

The best film that won an award last night was A SEPARATION which should easily win Best Foreign Language film. If it was in English, it would be up for a whole slew of awards.

Otherwise, the Golden Globes behaved like the Golden Globes. Of course The Artist won for Best Comedy, despite the fact that it's really a light melodrama, so as to pump up the awards race. Of course, Meryl Streep won, because she's a bigger star than Viola Davis and it pumps up the race.

I don't like how Gervais was censored.
If he's not invited back next year, I wouldn't want to come back anyway if I were him.
I think, at this point in history, censorship is one of the most idiotic things.

Gervais got payed a lot money lesterday. he doesnt f... care

tumblr_lxwcwiWedg1r03eggo1_250.gif
tumblr_lxwcwiWedg1r03eggo2_250.gif

tumblr_lxwcwiWedg1r03eggo3_250.gif
tumblr_lxwcwiWedg1r03eggo4_250.gif

tumblr_lxwcwiWedg1r03eggo5_250.gif
tumblr_lxwcwiWedg1r03eggo6_250.gif

I like how at the end Fincher does a double take like "Wait a second!? I'm ****ing David Fincher I'm keeping these, I'm not a ****ing delivery boy."

Fincher is a boss. That's all. :awesome:

He has a similar knack like Nolan to get himself in these weird ass situations. :funny:

LNnY2.gif

Speaking of which this man needs to be the director of the next Batman series. :up:

I like how at the end Fincher does a double take like "Wait a second!? I'm ****ing David Fincher I'm keeping these, I'm not a ****ing delivery boy."

I wish he shouted "This is for Rooney!" then crushed them. :oldrazz:

Nobody's talking about Fincher keeping Streep's glasses?

We discussed it on the last page

I hate when I’m at the Golden Globes and some dude hands me Meryl Streep’s glasses like oh great now I gotta be responsible for Meryl Streep’s glasses.
—David Fincher (via liebg0tt)

Meryl just beat Rooney. There's no way Fincher will pass those glasses. He probably crushed it. :funny:

I wish he shouted "This is for Rooney!" then crushed them. :oldrazz:

LOL you all want the glasses crushed

Streep probably would have kicked him off stage if he approached her...

This is HER moment. :cmad:

Nah... I love Meryl.

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm the only one who thought he wasn't quite that significantly toned down this year as people thought he was..

I didn't think he was that "neutered" either. Some of his jokes were a bit off like the Beiber and Kardashian ones, but otherwise I don't think he was that far off from last year. The best part was when he called Collin Firth a huge racist and the camera automatically went to the The Help cast. Nice. They did the same thing when he said Eddie Murphy played the entire cast and they had a similar reaction lol.

Also asking Johnny Depp if he's seen the Tourist yet was great too.

I thought the funniest part was when he said God and his agent had the same amount of input into his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"