7 films for Phase 3 What Will the be?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/marvel-studios-phase-3/68826

What's already confirmed is Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and Avengers 3. That leaves four slots. I'm going to guess that Hulk 2, Cap 3 and Thor 3 are going to be part of it. That leaves one last slot open. Based on what Marvel has shown interest in, I'm not sure if it's going to be Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Inhumans or Blade.

Inhumans is clearly the least known property which makes me think that it'll be a Phase 4 film. (Also, I'd cast Rose Leslie as Medusa and Keanu Reeves as Black Bolt if it happens.) The Inhumans are also kind of their own thing while Blade is more connected to Marvel Knights and Excalibur than the Avengers. My guess is that the last film is going to be Black Panther or Ms. Marvel due to their Avengers connections.

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Cap 3
Thor 3
Black Panther
Ms Marvel
Avengers 3

At least I hope.

I think it would be a safer route to steer clear of smaller heroes like Daredevil, Punisher and Blade so that the ramping power levels and threats (i.e. Thanos) have a more natural progression.

I also think that having Black Panther (a black lead) and Ms Marvel (a female lead) would be excellent "risks" for the studio to take. Which I'm sure they will be happy to do to avoid becoming stale since they will be surpassing a dozen MCU films in 2016.

Last edited:
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Cap 3
Thor 3
Black Panther
Ms Marvel
Avengers 3

At least I hope.

I think it would be a safer route to steer clear of smaller heroes like Daredevil, Punisher and Blade so that the ramping power levels and threats (i.e. Thanos) have a more natural progression.

I also think that having Black Panther (a black lead) and Ms Marvel (a female lead) would be excellent "risks" for the studio to take. Which I'm sure they will be happy to do to avoid becoming stale since they will be surpassing a dozen MCU films in 2016.

At least until Phase 4. Phase 4 is when I see the Marvel Knights coming into play. Probably with Daredevil, Luke Cage and Blade first since I see those properties having more commercial potential than Punisher, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider or Moon Knight.

I also expect another TV show to air alongside Phase 3. I hope it'll be Runaways which would suit television more than a movie. That along with a Power Pack animated film.

At least until Phase 4. Phase 4 is when I see the Marvel Knights coming into play. Probably with Daredevil, Luke Cage and Blade first since I see those properties having more commercial potential than Punisher, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider or Moon Knight.

I also expect another TV show to air alongside Phase 3. I hope it'll be Runaways which would suit television more than a movie. That along with a Power Pack animated film.

I've hoped for a while that theres eventually a Heroes for Hire tv series. I think that it's the exact same concept as Agents of SHIELD. Being that it is a much more in-depth look at a world where superheroes and superpowers exist. Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher and Daredevil don't require nearly the extent of SFX as The Avengers do. But I think they could thrive as a weekly recurring tv series. Perhaps in the next few years.

Interesting article.
I think it will play out like that:
Ant-Man
Thor 3
Dr. Strange
Cap 3
TIH 2
Black Panther
TA 3

Ant-man
Doctor Strange
Inhumans
Thor 3
Captain America 3
Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
Avengers 3

Ant-Man November 2015
Dr. Strange March 2016
Planet Hulk May 2016
Thor 3 July 2016
Cap 3 May 2017
Black Panther/GotG 2 August-November 2017
Avengers 3 May 2018

"There are three or four slots. We've got six or seven things going. We've got to choose which four will go. It's a Battle Royale!"

So no, there aren't 7 films for phase 3. Counting Ant-Man, they have at most 6 films planned.

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Inhumans
Thor 3
GotG2
Avengers 3

I think they'll put a Cap sequel on the backburner for GotG2.

maybe we could merge this with the Phase III thread?

If there are 7 films then I'd say:

Ant-man
Doctor Strange
Thor 3
Cap 3
Incredible Hulk 2
Ms. Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Avengers 3

I'm not too sure they'd do Black Panther with Avengers 3 bringing us Thanos. I think they'd want someone with a higher power level/space connection to tie-in better with the film.

I believe they'll bring in Panther for phase 4. Hopefully leading into an Avengers 4 with the Masters of Evil.

There will likely not be seven films. The article you're pointing ignores what Feige said next.

Kevin Feige said:
"There are three or four slots. We've got six or seven things going. We've got to choose which four will go. It's a Battle Royale!"

Now, there's lots of ways to interpret that. It may be three or four films total between Avenger 2 and Avengers 3 (Cap 3, Thor 3, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange)..hat's not much of a battle royale. but tit may be three or four out of things that haven't been announced yet for their unknown slots (Cap 3, Thor 3, Dr. Strange and possibly the winner out of Black Panther/GOTG 2/Inhumans).

In some glorious perfect world it's three or four films outside of 'givens' like Ant-Man, Cap 3, Thor 3 and GOTG 2. In that case, my pics would be: Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Inhumans and Ms Marvel... but chances are that those are the six or seven things going and only four of them will get made. I believe Cap 3, Thor 3, and Dr. Strange are locked, and the only question is if they want to make another GOTG, and if not, does someone have a Black Panther idea that trumps the Inhumans idea they love.

There will likely not be seven films. The article you're pointing ignores what Feige said next.

Now, there's lots of ways to interpret that. It may be three or four films total between Avenger 2 and Avengers 3 (Cap 3, Thor 3, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange)..hat's not much of a battle royale. but tit may be three or four out of things that haven't been announced yet for their unknown slots (Cap 3, Thor 3, Dr. Strange and possibly the winner out of Black Panther/GOTG 2/Inhumans).

In some glorious perfect world it's three or four films outside of 'givens' like Ant-Man, Cap 3, Thor 3 and GOTG 2. In that case, my pics would be: Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Inhumans and Ms Marvel... but chances are that those are the six or seven things going and only four of them will get made. I believe Cap 3, Thor 3, and Dr. Strange are locked, and the only question is if they want to make another GOTG, and if not, does someone have a Black Panther idea that trumps the Inhumans idea they love.
What he said last:
There are three or four slots. We've got six or seven things going. We've got to choose which four will go. It's a Battle Royale!
To me this goes back to the 3 or 4 slots, so which 4 is the 3 or 4 slots. But why start with 3 and 4 and then say a definite 4, why not 4 from the get go? Right now we have 3, 4 counting The Avengers 3, 5 with Strange so 2 more unannounced movies for Phase 3.

3 or 4 slots, does this mean open? Right now Marvel has 4 P3 films planned: Ant-Man, 2016 (2), 2017 (1) so 4 more slots would put the total at 8. Again Feige said a lot, but in a roundabout way.

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if one of the films is not Black Panther. If the Avengers are going to be criticized for anything it'll be lack of Diversity. If it's not Black Panther, then it should be War Machine and Falcon or add Monica Rambeau for Avengers 3 (I have a new name for who would play Monica should she ever appear in MCU). All of the Asian and Hispanic Marvel Superheroes belong to Fox's X-Verse (unless they go with Ultimate Janet or cast a Hispanic Doctor Strange).

Ant Man, Cap 3, Thor 3 and Avengers 3 are the most likely. I would guess that Inhumans, Dr. Strange and Black Panther would fill the final slots to make it seven.

Last edited:
If they have 3 or 4 slots I'm guessing that means after counting Ant-Man, Avengers 3 and Dr. Strange. Those are the films are a given so far.
Ant-Man 2015
Unannounced 2016
Unannounced 2016
Unannounced 2017

My guess is if they plan on making. 6-7 films we won't see Avengers 3 til 2018. My guess is if they go with 3 more films it'll be Thor 3, Cap, 3 Black Panther. If it's 4 then Thor 3, Cap 3, Black Panther and a toss up between Ms Marvel or GotG 2 introducing Ms Marvel

When was Dr. Strange confirmed? 3-4 slots should mean slots between Ant-Man and Avengers 3. If Thor/Cap are locks, I'd have to go Dr. Strange and perhaps GotG 2. After GotG 2, I think BP is the best bet. Ms Marvel will never get her own film.

Feige has said time and time again Dr Strange is the next character after Ant-Man and he's said they'll going to put out more films than just the big 3's films. When asked what's next for Phase 3 he said Ant-Man of course and Dr Strange is next. So unless things have changed (which there's been no indication of) Dr Strange is coming in Phase 3. So that's 3 films locked in Phase 3 so far.

I don't think there are only 4 movies planned for Phase 3. It sounds more like there are four slots yet to be totally decided upon for Phase 3. Ant-Man and Avengers 3 are separate from those, at the very least, seeing as they already are confirmed. Dr Strange might be, as well.

Feige has said time and time again Dr Strange is the next character after Ant-Man and he's said they'll going to put out more films than just the big 3's films. When asked what's next for Phase 3 he said Ant-Man of course and Dr Strange is next. So unless things have changed (which there's been no indication of) Dr Strange is coming in Phase 3. So that's 3 films locked in Phase 3 so far.
Also has said magic is next up for the MCU meaning Strange.

Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Thor 3
Cap 3
Black Panther
(Inhumans)
Avengers 3

I'm hoping for a GOTG sequel (if the first one doesn't suck).

I agree with the people saying Ms. Marvel is going to beat out Black Panther for a slot. Black Panther is most likely going to join the other Marvel Knights in Phase 4 along with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, Punisher and Moon Knight. Probably only two of those are coming in Phase 4. That and I don't see a Guardians sequel for Phase 3. It's debuting way too late in Phase 2 and Phase 3 is going to be announced at Comic Con next year before GOTG comes out.

I doubt Ms Marvel beats out BP and I don't think anyone's said it'll beat it out. Most people believe it'll come Phase 3 before any other character. It's been rumored and teased for awhile now.

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Ms. Marvel
Black Panther
Ben Affleck
Dr. Strange
Captain America 3

The first slot and last slots belong to Ant Man and Avengers 3 obviously, so if 3 to 4 slots remain, it's difficult to see which films will get them. Black Panther and Dr. Strange have had rumblings about them for a while, but that is no guarantee. I think Marvel is waiting to see how Thor, Cap and GOTG fare in the coming year and then they'll make a decision. If all three do very well, then I suspect all three will get sequels. That would leave maybe one slot left which I suspect would be a new property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"