7 films for Phase 3 What Will the be?

I think what the 'four slots' thing means is that four slots left. They already have Ant-Man, which makes five and then Avengers 3. So six in total. Now, Doctor Strange could be counted in that 'confirmed' list with A3 and AM which would mean that yes, we could see Phase III made up of seven films. If it's the latter my list goes like this:

-Ant-Man
-Doctor Strange
-Thor 3
-GOTG2
-Inhumans
-Hulk 3
-TA3

I think what the 'four slots' thing means is that four slots left. They already have Ant-Man, which makes five and then Avengers 3. So six in total. Now, Doctor Strange could be counted in that 'confirmed' list with A3 and AM which would mean that yes, we could see Phase III made up of seven films. If it's the latter my list goes like this:

-Ant-Man
-Doctor Strange
-Thor 3
-GOTG2
-Inhumans
-Hulk 3
-TA3
You don't count the 3 untitled? With Ant-Man that is 7 total.

The first slot and last slots belong to Ant Man and Avengers 3 obviously, so if 3 to 4 slots remain, it's difficult to see which films will get them. Black Panther and Dr. Strange have had rumblings about them for a while, but that is no guarantee. I think Marvel is waiting to see how Thor, Cap and GOTG fare in the coming year and then they'll make a decision. If all three do very well, then I suspect all three will get sequels. That would leave maybe one slot left which I suspect would be a new property.
Why are people still skeptical on Dr Strange when Feige has confirmed it for Phase 3?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/25/ant-man-doctor-strange-marvel/

In this interview he confirms Dr Strange is one of the characters being developed for Phase 3 and that they've got a list of different characters for Phase 3 that we could probably guess that they're toying with and developing.

Like I said before my guess is that these characters are of course Dr Strange, Black Panther seeing as he's been rumored and teased and he's someone we could guess easily and Inhumans possibly because they're different (Marvel's theme) and Feige has teased and said he wants to do them and/or Ms Marvel because she's a female character and Marvel's looking into them and she's the most popular in the comics at the moment.

I want (in order of preference):

Dr. Strange
Hulk 2
Thor 3
Ant Man
Black Panther
GOTG 2 (unless the first one bombs)

Antman
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Thor 3
CA 3
Untitled female led movie (I'm guessing either BW or CM)
Inhumans

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Captain America 3
Thor 3
Black Panther
Ms Marvel
Avengers 3

At least I hope.

I think it would be a safer route to steer clear of smaller heroes like Daredevil, Punisher and Blade so that the ramping power levels and threats (i.e. Thanos) have a more natural progression.

I also think that having Black Panther (a black lead) and Ms Marvel (a female lead) would be excellent "risks" for the studio to take.

Thats what I think too!:woot:

Ant-Man
Dr Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Thor 3
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Avengers 3

Marvel will want to introduce some more power houses in Phase III to take on Thanos in Avengers 3. Dr Strange, Captain Marvel & Black Panther (with his Vibranium resources) could do that; Beta Ray Bill could also help if he's in Thor 3. While, Nova could be introduced in GOTG2.

Then Phase 4 could be sort of a breather phase that's more focused on street heroes like DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Blade, Cap, etc...

Personally I just hope we get TIH2, GOTG2 and either a Ronan or a Nova film.

Personally I just hope we get TIH2, GOTG2 and either a Ronan or a Nova film.
The closest we'll get to Nova is if they do a GotG 2 and introduce him in it. I think they'll want to keep GotG going seeing as it's their only in to the cosmic side so far. They can forgo a Ms Marvel film by introducing her in GotG 2 too. Then have all the powerhouses for A3 to take on Thanos and then have a lot of properties to spin off into solo films in Phase 4. Remember they have plans up until 2021 and I'm sure this scenario is at least one of their potential scenarios.

1. Ant-Man
2. Doctor Strange
3. Avengers 3
4. Incredible Hulk 2
5. Black Panther
6. Luke Cage or Heroes for Hire
7. Daredevil

Dang? No Cap or Thor or GOTG sequels? Tough times.

The closest we'll get to Nova is if they do a GotG 2 and introduce him in it. I think they'll want to keep GotG going seeing as it's their only in to the cosmic side so far. They can forgo a Ms Marvel film by introducing her in GotG 2 too. Then have all the powerhouses for A3 to take on Thanos and then have a lot of properties to spin off into solo films in Phase 4. Remember they have plans up until 2021 and I'm sure this scenario is at least one of their potential scenarios.

That's a doggone good point. a LOT of things can be covered by the GOTG. Mar-Vell, Danvers, SWORD, Nova... (the Nova Corps are already heavy in GOTG). Yeah, all the cosmic stuff is pretty well handled there.

Someone mentioned that GOTG could be similar to Avengers in that other movies build up to. A Captain Marvel or Nova movie could build up to a GOTG sequel.

I could see Phase 4 being Marvel Knights/Heroes for Hire, making it a new part of MCU: the Streets. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider.

Or they could save the Marvel Knights for Phase 5 and finish up cosmic MCU in Phase 4.

Nah, I want Marvel to have three franchises all in one big universe. Avengers, Cosmic & Street Heroes all running at the same time. There's a ton for Marvel to do with the cosmic stuff that can't get done in two phases.

I could see Phase 4 being Marvel Knights/Heroes for Hire, making it a new part of MCU: the Streets. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider.

Or they could save the Marvel Knights for Phase 5 and finish up cosmic MCU in Phase 4.

hopefully they'll have the more street level characters in some films, cut the budgets in half but still have some cool people involved, actors, writers, directors.

Yeah, half the budget, or less, small late fall, winter or spring releases. That'd be pretty cool. There's still the concern about flooding the market with superheroes. It'd be interesting if they just didn't treat them like superheroes at all, and they were just normal action movies, really.

In fact... that feels like genius. Let Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher not be 'superhero' movies at all, as much as action films. Daredevil is pretty superheroic though, hard to beat him, but even he can be an off-mainstream minor superhero, focusing more on the courtroom drama. That could be pretty amazing.

I'd prefer Panther to get in on Phase 3, so the New York Marvel Knights style Panther for Phase 4 wouldn't be his first film... his origin story really isn't a Marvel Knights tale, per se.

I think they also might simply go the route of GOTG for Thanos + Nova Corps + GOTG and have just one franchise be the drive behind these other annexes of the Marvel Universe, the cosmic side, the magic side (Dr. Strange covers all magic), the street side (Heroes for Hire covers H4H and Dardevil and Punisher and etc).

Marvel's in the business of making superhero films, I doubt they'll make their films "non superhero." I may be cynical but I just don't see Punisher, Blade, Daredevil or Ghost Rider getting big screen time anytime soon. Like in the next 10 years. Marvel's theme is what's different and none of those films fit into the "different" category.

The next new properties we're likely to see on film in my opinion in the next 10 years are:

Ant-Man (confirmed)
Dr Strange (confirmed)
Black Panther (teased and rumored)
Ms Marvel (rumored script)
Inhumans (teased)
Heroes for Hire (Luke Cage and Iron Fist only) (looked into)
Nova

And if we do get Inhumans, Nova and GotG all around the same time that could set up a War of Kings movie easily.

Why are people still skeptical on Dr Strange when Feige has confirmed it for Phase 3?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/25/ant-man-doctor-strange-marvel/

In this interview he confirms Dr Strange is one of the characters being developed for Phase 3 and that they've got a list of different characters for Phase 3 that we could probably guess that they're toying with and developing.

Like I said before my guess is that these characters are of course Dr Strange, Black Panther seeing as he's been rumored and teased and he's someone we could guess easily and Inhumans possibly because they're different (Marvel's theme) and Feige has teased and said he wants to do them and/or Ms Marvel because she's a female character and Marvel's looking into them and she's the most popular in the comics at the moment.
That's hardly a confirmation. Dr. Strange might be part of the plans, but plans change. I won't believe a Dr. Strange movie is coming until they officially announce it.

There's certain films they keep mentioning: Dr. Strange, Inhumans, Iron Fist - without being asked like they have been for Black Panther, Ms. Marvel and Heroes for Hire. If they get a chance to make these preferred films, they will do it.

where is Heroes for Hire/Marvel Knights. These should be taking advantage of Vin Diesel's input. He should be a consultant.

Last edited:
That's hardly a confirmation. Dr. Strange might be part of the plans, but plans change. I won't believe a Dr. Strange movie is coming until they officially announce it.

So Feige says Dr Strange is definitely one of the characters up next for Phase 3 and you say that's not a confirmation? Plans do change very true but I highly doubt they're going to change that movie when he's so adamant about making it. I could understand saying BP isn't confirmed but Strange is all but given a release date. Anyways we won't hear anything officially given dates til at the earliest Comic Con 2014. That doesn't mean Strange isn't pretty much a given. I don't know if it's this article or another that said while Feige like to stay secretive he doesn't lie about anything they're doing.

There's certain films they keep mentioning: Dr. Strange, Inhumans, Iron Fist - without being asked like they have been for Black Panther, Ms. Marvel and Heroes for Hire. If they get a chance to make these preferred films, they will do it.
I think a Luke Cage, Danny Rand Heroes for Hire would come before Iron Fist or at least that's what Loeb hinted at.

I hope there will be a Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, or female lead film. It would be nice to have the MCU be something other than a sausage fest.

Ant-Man
Dr Strange
Thor 3- Ties into A3 and Thanos
Cap 3
Inhumans-Ties into A3 and Thanos
Ms Marvel(or Captain Marvel)
Black Panther- Ties into A2 and Ultron (vibranium)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"