The Dark Knight 8:00 PM Showings like Iron Man?

Captain Planet!

The Power Is Yours
Reaction score
Do you guys think it would be good if TDK premiered at 8 PM on Thursday like IM? I think it'd be a good move. And I might not be able to see it for a week or two if they don't have early showings (midnight doesn't count), and I can't wait that long. :hoboj:

Its from an episode of Spectacular Spider-Man, where Pete "sprays a water gun" at Liz Allen.

I would definitely go. I was so happy that Iron Man did it because I didn't have to miss school the next day. In this case, it's the summer but it still would be nice to see a movie and not get out at like 4:00 AM.

I would be happy with 8 o'clock showings. There's nothing worse than getting all hyped about going to a midnight showing, getting out close to 3 AM and having to go to work at 7 AM. Not cool :down

IF my theater did an 8:00pm showing, I'd go for that one. Otherwise, midnight all the way!

Hurts the opening weekend number, so I say "NO." I won't be seeing it until Saturday anyway so it doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'm flying to another city so I can see it in IMAX.

If it cuts down on the chaos that midnight will be then yes.
I think midnight will be fun but it will be chaos, Ill probably have to camp out a couple hours to get good seats

Bad for: People who can't go and want to avoid spoilers.

Good for: Everyone else.

So I say YES, since I was able to go to an 8:00 Iron Man showing. :word:

bad part about it.. tickets go on sale june 20th... what if they announce it a week or so before it comes out, liek iron man.

hell i guess i could go to the 8pm then go directly to the midnighter! now that i think about it.. thats awesome.

hell yes, i really sincerly hope they do...

Bad part about an evening showing is that tickets are full price whereas matinee showings are cheaper.

Hurts the opening weekend number, so I say "NO." I won't be seeing it until Saturday anyway so it doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'm flying to another city so I can see it in IMAX.

It didn't for "Iron Man".

But I say stick with the 18th. Besides, midnight shows are more fun.

WB has the habit of releasing movies the Wednesday before the actual release date...

It didn't for "Iron Man".

But I say stick with the 18th. Besides, midnight shows are more fun.

Actually it did. Iron Man ended up with $98 million instead of $102 million. The difference between the two in headlines is pretty significant. I really would like to see TDK reach $100 million opening weekend, and opening it on Friday at midnight makes a big difference. A lot of people in the press gave BB crap for "only" making $48 million in its opening weekend, but that's because they ignored the fact that it opened on a Wednesday and had almost $25 million in the bank before Friday ever started.

I hope in England they do previews on the 18th because we have to wait for a whole week after the US has seen it and i wont be able to come on here due to all the spoilers about!

No... I already sent a letter in to request that day off and got it so please don't change it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"