• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

9.1 - Savior - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well the first half of Batman Begins was all that bad

ok.... now stretch that out over 8 years...

A mini series could have worked. but not long term.
it would basically be "kung fu the legend continues" with batman.
.... come to think of it.. i'd watch that.

Well the first half of Batman Begins was all that bad

I loved seeing Bruce training to becoming Batman in Batman Begins. Bale did an awesome job showing the 8 year Global Quest .

ok.... now stretch that out over 8 years...

A mini series could have worked. but not long term.
it would basically be "kung fu the legend continues" with batman.
.... come to think of it.. i'd watch that.

So would I, I'd love to see a new Batman tv series .

If they did a TV version of the 8 years of training I'd watch it. It would have to have a director and Producer with similar styles to the Nolan brothers though and a score like Zimmer's. They should have it based on The Man Who Falls and get a lot of the story elements from the Robin mini-series from the early nineties.

Decent Season premiere. The writers didn't really sell the 3 week lapse. Felt more like 3 months not only because of the hiatus but how the characters were interacting. I thought the dialogue 'tween Clark and Jor-El was pointless considering Kara repeatedly told Clark that him not flying was all in his mind. He remembers flying as Kal-El in Season 4 so blaming Jor-El was just silly. I also had a problem w/ Chloe wanting Clark to go back in time to save Jimmy. She knows how screwing w/ time plays out and if she really wanted to change fate she would have just used the ring herself.

What I did like was the addition of Brian Austin Green. He was awesome in Sarah Connor Chronicles and i expect him to be just as good as Metallo. The introduction of the Hot Ninja Kryptonian Chick is an interesting dynamic. I'm wondering just how close she and Clark will get considering he gave her his father's watch. I mean Clark nearly killed some thugs over that watch. He must've felt something for her.

I'm excited about this season and look forward to subsequent episodes.

If they did a TV version of the 8 years of training I'd watch it. It would have to have a director and Producer with similar styles to the Nolan brothers though and a score like Zimmer's. They should have it based on The Man Who Falls and get a lot of the story elements from the Robin mini-series from the early nineties.

would be nice

Great start to the season. I'll just reiterate what everyone else seems to be saying. The new Zod is pretty awesome, this show needs more ninja chicks, Clark and the new suit are pure awesome, and he was very much Superman in his actions and decisions.

Oh, and I'm so glad he put Chloe in her selfish place finally.

Yea I was wondernig if I was seeing things or not, so they actually kissed eh? :dry:

Howd everybody like the Dark Knight-ish score? :oldrazz:

He kissed her as a cover-up when the cop walked in and caught them in the train car which was now a crime scene. They didnt just make out for the hell of it.

I think you are half right. I believe that is Clark in the future if he joins Zod in building Earth as New Krypton. But what I'm not understanding is why Alia comes back from the future to stop Clark. She said he destroys the world yet she is a part of the army that Zod has assembled. My theory is that when Clark sees Lois from the past, he changes his ways and defeats Zod and his army and in Alia's mind, Clark destroys the world that they've built. I don't know if Alia is a good guy or a bad guy yet. I think Lois will make Clark travel down the right path and he will defeat Zod and his army before they can destroy Earth.

I thought this was actually quite obvious, no need to theorize really.

800px-Savior_15.png

I have a feeling that this is Clark in the future if he continues down the "dark" path that he's on. That is why "whatshername" came back from the future to stop him.

But becasue he now knows about this destiny, he'll change his ways throughout the course of the season and end back up in his red and blue for the seasons end.

brilliant revelation. I'm just being a little bit sarcastic

I thought this was actually quite obvious, no need to theorize really.

Didnt think it was that intricate either. I took from it that Alia went back in time to screw with his head in the hopes of throwing him off since he likely winds up taking Zod out and "destroying" their vision of a new Kryptonian world.

Decent Season premiere. The writers didn't really sell the 3 week lapse. Felt more like 3 months not only because of the hiatus but how the characters were interacting.

This is my biggest gripe too. Don't know why they insisted on three weeks instead of three months (especially when the realtime date--9/25/09--factored so heavily in the plot).

I'm guessing they figured 3 months without Lois would be enough for Clark to completely disconnect from his humanity and actually start to learn how to fly, and well, you know, we can't have that happen just yet. So they just stuck with 3 weeks instead.

Also, you got to remember, if Zod and his peeps were around for 3 months and still didn't know why or how they got there, it would make them look pretty silly for a species that is supposedly way more sophisticated and advanced than humans.

Last edited:
Also, you got to remember, if Zod and his peeps were around for 3 months and still didn't know why or how they got there, it would make them look pretty silly for a species that is supposedly way more sophisticated and advanced than humans.

I also found it amusing how a paramilitary group from a planet that largely consists of ice and crystal formations would be out-fitted in dark green combat fatigues?:confused:

Yeah I thought three weeks worked but really has time ever been Smallvilles friend?

Yea one girl was holding a gun that looked similar too an Earth gun, i guess Krypton was more similar to earth then we had thought haha.

They could have got the clothes and guns from earth, since at the end of Doomsday Zod was naked when he came out of the orb.

I also found it amusing how a paramilitary group from a planet that largely consists of ice and crystal formations would be out-fitted in dark green combat fatigues?:confused:
I found that... amusing as well. Dark green combat fatigues, hand guns, computers, canteens.

I'm still a little confused as to what, exactly, went down between the time when Tess saw naked Zod standing with the orb in the mansion's back yard, and the premiere. She said she never met the major until that day (in the premiere). Was she lying? She seemed to legitimately not know who he was in their encounter in the bedroom. What happened after he appeared out of the orb? Did a handful of others appear just after him? Where'd the clothes and the gear come from?

I found that... amusing as well. Dark green combat fatigues, hand guns, computers, canteens.

I'm still a little confused as to what, exactly, went down between the time when Tess saw naked Zod standing with the orb in the mansion's back yard, and the premiere. She said she never met the major until that day (in the premiere). Was she lying? She seemed to legitimately not know who he was in their encounter in the bedroom. What happened after he appeared out of the orb? Did a handful of others appear just after him? Where'd the clothes and the gear come from?

Zod and his men robed an army surplus store in offscreenville, lol. Also Zod had his men question and torture Tess for answers while he was out looking for others from Krypton.

Last edited:
LOL I guess we could assume they went out and acquired gear that was more fitted to the terrain they were now in. But they should've at least mentioned something like that in a throw away line or a quick clip of the Daily Planet talking about an Army/Navy store near Smallville getting mysteriously "cleaned out" etc.

Season 8 comes on E4 every weekday...

I WANNA SEE THIS!!!

[Rodrigo begins to sink his face into his pillow and crys. What a sissy] LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"