8.04 - Instinct - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The scene in the elevator between Clark & Maxima in this episode kinda reminded me of two moments with Lane & Kent in Daily Planet elevator making out .

First moment in the comics
cloiselevator1.jpg

cloiselevator2.jpg

The second moment is with Teri & Dean from Lois & Clark : The New Adventures Of Superman
BrutalYouth181.jpg

I knew I could count on you to find some more good examples.

I thought, that there was another Lois/Clark make out session in a phone booth that resemebled what happened on SV...It's pre-death, and came out in 91...I think. Would you happen to know what I'm talkin about?

I only bring it up, cause if memory serves, he had just a black button up shirt like that. They were leaving a banquet dinner.

Yeah, because that worked soo well for Birds of Prey. :whatever:

The show wasn't that bad. It just went up agains "The Bachelor". Who was to know that that show was going to be a better hit in that timeslot. Also even with that, the series aired to 7.6 million viewers weekly at one point. Had it been in syndication, or on another night, who knows, we still might have been watching it now.

And Dick did?
"I'm an acrobat-I'm an orphan-I'm adopted-I'm Robin." That's pretty much his story.

Which is why he is perfect for a series like this. There is a lot of room to explain his life before Batman and Robin.

Why is everyone talking about the Robin show in this thread?

:confused:

Yeah, because that worked soo well for Birds of Prey. :whatever:

Very good point. Another good argument against the "Batman sells" notion:
Batman--Robin.gif

And my hopes are pretty dim for "Brave & the Bold".

Idk. It was going on when I came in.
I liked the episode. I liked Maxima & I'm looking forward to the next chapter in Lois & Clark's roller-coaster relationship.

Besides, for all we know, it'll end up not even happening just like Aquaman.

Idk. It was going on when I came in.
I liked the episode. I liked Maxima & I'm looking forward to the next chapter in Lois & Clark's roller-coaster relationship.

I liked this episode a lot, and it wasn't just because I'm going to be adding a new image to my avie!

No.

Really.

*blinks*

Seriously, it was a very... uhm... Well written episode.

Yeah, that's it.

Turi and Al had produced an awesome episode!

;)

Because you aren't around to stop it and get them back on track.:cwink:

LOL!

:D

well the episode did go back up a little bit over 4 million viewers since is nice, and yes still the top rated show on cw. As for the mystery X person i think it will ikely be lex but i could see it being lana even though i hate her character in the past few seasons and i wonder how they are going to wrap up her character and the lana/clark relationship between her 5 episodes of 10-14. Now if it is lex who took the crystal or even lana i wonder how clark is going to get it back since we know fos is due to be back in episode 9.

The show wasn't that bad. It just went up agains "The Bachelor". Who was to know that that show was going to be a better hit in that timeslot. Also even with that, the series aired to 7.6 million viewers weekly at one point. Had it been in syndication, or on another night, who knows, we still might have been watching it now.

I wouldn't. It was terrible. It was an uninspired knock-off of "Dark Angel" that tried to draw in viewers with a vague reference to Batman.

I missed this episode, and I wanted to ask: was it any good? Because after I came home and checked out a couple of reactions of the episode, it was said to be a bad one. But Newsarama posted a review that said it was a good one. So which is it?

I missed this episode, and I wanted to ask: was it any good? Because after I came home and checked out a couple of reactions of the episode, it was said to be a bad one. But Newsarama posted a review that said it was a good one. So which is it?

It was better than the last episode.

Far more enjoyable, on... uh... several different levels.

;) :D

I liked this episode. Maxima is a pretty straight forward character and prolly the closet SV has come to keeping w/ any incarnations of known characters. What I found surprising is how they've jump started Chloe's obvious Brainiac transformations and the relationship now w/ Lois & clark. Very enjoyable ep.:up:

Because Batman sells, even when there's no actual Batman. :)

bwhahahahahah, yeah right, what planet do you live on. I believe someone already pointed out a perfect example of how this does not work. Selling pre Robin, without batman, is never going to work.

And I don't imagine this horny ho of the planet I-have-a-rack EVER returning to Smallville. Please, she's little more than those girls from the pageant show with Kara. Maxima from the comics had an ego the size of Mogo and used violence to make a point but I don't think she went around killing people one by one like this girl. And please, a killer kiss? Shouldn't we have saved that for Poison Ivy? :(

agreed, moreover, what was with the killer kiss that acts like Red Kryptonite?
But I agree, clearly the producers latched on too strongly to the psycho **** side of Maxima, and failed completely to deliver her 'do as I say, I am queen' side.

I however, wouldn't mind seeing this ****E get her ass handed to her by Bloomsday, when the time comes

Dismiss idiotic haters, balanced reviews that give you an all around insight for the episode are the way to go. A lot of fans like "Instinct" more than the previous three episodes, that's how good it was, but of course, is a matter of opinion. ;)

Dismiss idiotic haters, balanced reviews that give you an all around insight for the episode are the way to go. A lot of fans like "Instinct" more than the previous three episodes, that's how good it was, but of course, is a matter of opinion. ;)

never dismiss the haters, Mike has no idea what he's talking about. They are usually more right than the SV lovers whose objectivity is clouded by their love for the show. Mike doesn't like haters because apparently, this show is perfect.

that being said, every episode this season, except the premier, has been consitently better run of episodes in a row that has ever happened before on this show. Instinct was good, not so much because of Maxima(really the downside of the episode), but because of Lois, Clark, and Chloe.

I liked all 4 episodes so far. Instinct was pretty good. I would take all reactions (whether they are good or bad) under consideration to get a balanced perspective. It will probably be mixed, but most episodes of this show have mixed reactions anyway.

A lot of people overreact with their bashing, while others are more rational with their criticism. When something is really bad, like dragging storylines, plot holes, etc. is obvious, lovers and haters are extreme in their views, is not black or white, but somewhere in the middle. Polls are a good way to see if most fans rate an episode positively or not, plus well done reviews (like the ones from Triplet ;) ) to get a general feeling of it.

A lot of people overreact with their bashing, while others are more rational with their criticism. When something is really bad, like dragging storylines, plot holes, etc. is obvious, lovers and haters are extreme in their views, is not black or white, but somewhere in the middle. Polls are a good way to see if most fans rate an episode positively or not, plus well done reviews (like the ones from Triplet ;) ) to get a general feeling of it.

Indeed indeed. I just hate it when the convo becomes focused on us, and not the show... it's pointless and just goes around in circles. Poll's are not representative, they never will be. And Trip's reviews are good, but ever since the beginning of SV on here, Trip has always been on the positive bias.

the episode was solid, and the season has been solid. Haven't been wowed, but haven't really been dissappointed yet. Smallville is decent so far this year, so yes, watch this year (watch me eat those words in a coupld of days)

Last edited:

X27.jpg

In the episode, "Instinct", there was a anonymous email message signed with a red X. This was a character in a "Teen Titans" episode who none other than Robin himself. There is just speculation that it might be him. Martian Manhunter, Lionel (he's dead but I bet he could be brought back), or Lex Luthor are also possibilities.

X27.jpg

In the episode, "Instinct", there was a anonymous email message signed with a red X. This was a character in a "Teen Titans" episode who none other than Robin himself. There is just speculation that it might be him. Martian Manhunter, Lionel (he's dead but I bet he could be brought back), or Lex Luthor are also possibilities.

Oh, okay...

But, why is Robin talking to Red-X Robin in that image?

I don't know much about Robin, because I mostly confine my Batman comic-book reading to books that also include Superman.

X27.jpg

I really liked that fight between Robin vs. Red X in Teen titans episode "X" .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"