9 movies coming from DC. we have 6. Which are the other 3?

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
We have Shazam, Metal Men, 100 Bullets, Fables, JL Dark (Heaven Sent), The Sandman.

Which are the other 3 in your opinion?

Mine. Well it's kinda difficult cause the love for DC tells me that maybe a Hawkman/Hawkgirl movie, Dr. Fate, Aquaman, Cyborg. but I think the most viable one IMO is The Flash. we had since the last SDCC some Flash plans from Warner not even confirmed.

Then talking in a objetively way I think Cyborg, Flash and The Hawks or Aquaman movies.

What's yours?

Last edited:
Put it in other. :) they already said (WB) that WW is not one of the nine coming soon. Maybe after BvS and JL?

Was Justice League Dark actually mentioned in the press release?

Put it in other. :) they already said (WB) that WW is not one of the nine coming soon. Maybe after BvS and JL?

Ah, gotcha. I didn't bother reading the whole thing. I was too pumped by them mentioning a Shazam and a JL film. :o

Last edited:
Was Justice League Dark actually mentioned in the press release?
Nope. But I assume that cause we know that is on Del Toro's hands and is on WB's future movie plans. The same with the sandman.

I think Flash is a no-brainer. A wisecracking, fairly recognizable, character would definitely be a hit. And even though it makes sense for Rock to be attached to play Captain Marvel or Black Adam in Shazam I still have a feeling it's Lobo for some reason so I'm guessing that's one of the unannounced projects.

And surprisingly I actually believe a Cyborg solo movie would make a lot of sense, and I'd actually be interested in seeing it. Which is not something I would have imagined me saying before. I actually am starting to like Cyborg...wow

There's "Orion/Darkseid" twice in the poll choices. :p

I'd with Aquaman, JL Dark and Stewart GL (or a Vertigo movie).

Wasn't there a Justice League Dark aka Del del Toro's Heaven Sent on the table?

Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, etc probably won't be made until 'after' they appear in Justice League so the solo films can get a boost at the box-office (ala Iron Man 3). Meanwhile these other Vertigo properties don't have that luxury, thus why they're being developed now. Makes sense.

Great for Vertigo fans, but not the best for DC Universe fans (for the moment at least. Higher chances of box office success for solo films means a higher chance for sequels. AKA not the GL2011 scenario.). Good for WB overall.

Last edited:
Knowing WB

1. Superman & Batman
2. Superman
&
3. Batman
:funny:
Have you read the report from WSJ from WB? it says 9 movies BESIDES BvS and JL.

Last edited:
People ware always (and constantly) complaining about how WB only makes Batman movie ..... Batman after Batman and no other hero (occasional Superman) gets made.

Now, It is looking that we won't be gatting a solo Batman movie for at least 7 - 8 years (as long as Affleck is Batman, since he is not invested in solo Batman movies...according to KalMart)

And we are getting team-up movies (as a part of shared DC Universe), and if they do well.. maybe some spin-off solo movies featuring WW and Superman, movies like Shazam and some movies based on Vertigo titles.

And... people are still complaining ? :whatever:

Have you read the report from WSJ from WB? it says 9 movies BESIDES BvS and JL.

It was a joke that all those would fall through, and in the end Superman Batman is all WB would produce.
Hence the failed ":funny:"
Sometimes I forget making favesies/wants lists is serious business.

1. Last Boy on Earth

KAMANDIcopy.jpg

2. From the pages of DC's Prodigious Lexicon - Conjura & El Dragon

ConjuraElDragon4panels-1.jpg~original

3. The Renegade-Ulti-Friends!
Superfriends%20Meanwhile%20%20the%20Hall%20of%20justice.jpg~original

Last edited:
Wasn't there an article a few months ago saying that they were developing Deathstroke, Suicide Squad, Booster Gold and Team 7?

There won't be solo Batman movies for quite some-time now.

Whether it's good thing or bad, just deal with it.

Wasn't there an article a few months ago saying that they were developing Deathstroke, Suicide Squad, Booster Gold and Team 7?

That was before the new CEO (Kevin Tsujihara) took charge of WB. I think that the old plans have been abandoned.

Sandman was mentioned in that conversation as well, and now that's being produced by JGL, so it is possible that some of those are still in development.

We have Shazam, Metal Men, 100 Bullets, Fables, JL Dark (Heaven Seven), The Sandman.

Which are the other 3 in your opinion?

What's yours?

Justice League, Superman and Wonder Woman.

(All of these are also being produced by Goyer if I'm not mistaken)

1. Fables - produced by David Heyman (the producer of the Harry Potter series), and to be directed by Nikolaj Arcel
fables-deluxe-1323112459.jpg

2. Sandman - Produced by and starring Joseph Gordon Levitt
12-02-2012-081006PM-620x377.jpg

3. FBP (Federal Bureau of Physics) - script currently being written by Justin Marks
FBP-image-4-9.jpg

4. Sleeper - produced by Affleck/Damon
url6.jpeg

5. The Metal Men
mm01.jpg

6. 100 Bullets - was originally announced as being a TV show, but I guess plans changed
Bullets_Minutemen_01.jpg

7. SHAZAM - perhaps the 2014 Dwayne Johnson DC project.
shazam1.jpg

8. Y: The Last Man - to be directed by Dan Trachtenberg. (However, the project might be dead since shooting has to start in 2014 for them to keep the rights, yet the director has signed on to shoot a different film in the fall. Or perhaps they're just switching directors. Who knows)
y_the_last_man_comic_book_cover_01.jpg

9. Heaven Sent / JLDark - produced by Guillermo del Toro
zatanna.jpg

Deathstroke, Team 7, Suicide Squad, Booster Gold could also be part of the 9.

Keep in mind however that 'development' =/= production and it doesn't mean that these movies will be made anytime soon, or at all.

Last edited:
I don't see "Cancelled" on the list, which I suspect is a major oversight. *ahem* Seriously, they may in theory have 9 movies planned, but I will be shocked if they actually release all of those nine movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"