If we get a DC Cinematic Universe, what movies would you want?(other than the usual)

I know that Wonder Woman is probably considered "the usual", but part of me feels like she's never going to get a proper solo film... so I have to include her. SUE ME! Lol. But other than Wondey, I'd like to see Vixen, Hawkwoman, Aquaman, and Batwoman (it's actually a dream of mine that they'll use her in the DCCU instead of Batman.)

Last edited:
First I'd want a JLA movie. Then I'd want to see a Death Of Superman Trilogy (first movie: The Death Of Superman, second movie: Reign Of The Supermen, third movie: Return Of Superman).

I've finally read the whole arc (Thankfully now available in omnibus form) and believe me the whole thing could fit into a 2.5/3 hour movie. Honestly, a freakin' awesome movie too. I'm surprised how well the DC Superman team co-ordinated in '92. Death, Reign and Return are three acts in one story.

I feel like if DC did an oddball choice like Legion of Superheroes film down the line, there would be too many parallels to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I feel like if DC did an oddball choice like Legion of Superheroes film down the line, there would be too many parallels to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I've never seen the Legion as oddball, but I can get why you would have that impression of them. I've always thought that they are best as an adjunct to Superman and his mythos. No offense to the religious amongst us, but Superman being present and active 1,000 years from now is in keeping with his messiah like nature. It would be seen as a "second coming" to the people of that time I think.

I've never seen the Legion as oddball, but I can get why you would have that impression of them. I've always thought that they are best as an adjunct to Superman and his mythos. No offense to the religious amongst us, but Superman being present and active 1,000 years from now is in keeping with his messiah like nature. It would be seen as a "second coming" to the people of that time I think.

That would be if we are assuming that these films aren't going to tie into each other. It's clear that DC wants to compete with Marvel so these films will be connected. Also, Superman was never necessary for the Legion to exist. A potential Legion film that ties into the DC Cinematic Universe isn't going to have Superman in it because he existing in the future takes away from Superman in the present time.

Superman was never necessary for the Legion to exist. A potential Legion film that ties into the DC Cinematic Universe isn't going to have Superman in it because he existing in the future takes away from Superman in the present time.

Never?
He was absolutely necessary for the original Legion incarnation, he was the whole reason they existed. And the (boy) the reader followed into the future.
But yeah there have been different versions since.

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but a young Clark Kent still discovering and learning his powers, in a time displaced adventure, discovering the man he must one day become and live up to, that would inspire a legion, is a great story arc. They see something in him he hasn't discovered yet.
It should take nothing away from an adult fully formed Superman in the present.

Last edited:
I want Raven which means I want a Teen Titans movie. She grew on me to the point I consider her my favorite DC character which is a bold statement in a universe where Batman and Superman are supreme.

I also want a proper Green Lantern movie.

House of Mystery

Provided Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman all get their movies first.

I've finally read the whole arc (Thankfully now available in omnibus form) and believe me the whole thing could fit into a 2.5/3 hour movie. Honestly, a freakin' awesome movie too. I'm surprised how well the DC Superman team co-ordinated in '92. Death, Reign and Return are three acts in one story.

I beg to differ, but each story of that arc is so massive that you's be talking about at least a 90 minute movie for each story. Even if you write out the whole Underworlder story, you still have at least an 80 minute film. Then you've got Reign Of The Supermen and Return Of Superman.

The animated Superman vs Doomsday movie tried to squeeze all three stories into one film, and it didn't work. They cut way too much out. It might have been better had it been a 3 hour movie and they included the JLA, and the Rise Of The Supermen. But it still would have been inferior to the comics. In order to do the story justice, you have to have a movie trilogy as well.

Aquaman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner each with their own solo Green Lantern movies.

Flash movie is a must.

But you said outside of the usual, Deadman could be cool to see. Granted, I don't know a LOT about him, but from the bit that I've gathered, he seems to have a cool backstory. Plus it wouldn't be the typical, conventional comic book movie plot.

In the same vein, John Constantine could use a reboot (hopefully done better this time). I know he and Deadman are said to be planned for Dark Universe/JL Dark but that doesn't seem like it's actually happening. Not until regular Justice League happens at least.

If Justice League really knocks it out of the park and people really get behind it, a Justice Society movie could be cool. Granted, there would be the problem of how to tackle the "Green Lantern" and "Flash" on that team versus the versions that we'll see in JL, but it shouldn't be a huge issue. A crossover could even happen if both are good.

As far as Batman's universe, I'd like the new Batman movies that are undoubtedly going to come with this new DCCU feature the Bat family extended to the different Robins, Batgirls/women, and partnerships. Even Batman Beyond if we ever reach that point. But to distance the newer Batman from the recent one and the ones with Robin back in the day, it could be expanded into a small team operation with the presence of Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin alongside Batman.

I don't see characters like Green Arrow, The Atom, the Hawks, or Captain Atom getting solo movies unfortunately. In the context of team-ups we could see them, but in a capacity that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver seem to be integrating into the MCU. Plus Arrow is already a thing.

Never?
He was absolutely necessary for the original Legion incarnation, he was the whole reason they existed. And the (boy) the reader followed into the future.
But yeah there have been different versions since.

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but a young Clark Kent still discovering and learning his powers, in a time displaced adventure, discovering the man he must one day become and live up to, that would inspire a legion, is a great story arc. They see something in him he hasn't discovered yet.
It should take nothing away from an adult fully formed Superman in the present.

Exactly, anyone who doesn't think Superman isn't essential to the Legion doesn't get the Legion in the first place. They're so inspired by him they go to visit him as a teenager and end up really befriending him. That's why they end up bringing him to the future.

I wrote an article years ago for a website talking about the possibilities of a Superman franchise if Superman solo films weren't making enough money and Legion of Superheroes was one of those ideas. You could really step into the family film with the whole concept, maybe similar to Harry Potter where you make the stories more serious as your audience grows older.

I'd do Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Ted Kord version). Superhero movie as a buddy-cop type of story.

Would make for a good TV series, maybe.

^Yeah saw that, its why I bumped the Deathstroke threat as thats one of the movies in development apparently.

I'd forgive WB for everything if they ever made a Martian Manhunter movie. I already have some ideas if anyone's curious. He's my favorite Comic Book character, so ya :)

What I want:
Batman reboot
The Flash
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
The Justice League
Supergirl

What I demand:
Dark Universe

ww and flash in 2016. pls.

A1fckLQCMAAEOD3.jpg:large

wb really needs to think it through. flash and ww would be a revelation on screen, giving those characters some context before they team up would make jl even more epic that it would already be.

batman. superman. wonder woman. flash. green lantern. all of those epic powers on screen man.

Supergirl. A movie that is more faithful to the character in the comics than the one in the 80's.

-Shazam/Captain Marvel
-Black Adam: World War III
-Nightwing
-Batman Beyond...although it probably wouldnt work if there is a Justice League movie with Batman in it.
-Maybe a Damian Wayne movie? or a Battle for the cowl?

I would only want to see a Supergirl movie if they did something like Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. That was pretty well done in my opinion save for the ending.

A Deathstroke movie would be cool. As would a League of Assassins movie that shows some of the inner conflict that sometimes springs up in that organization. Blue Beetle would be cool to see if they do a Booster Gold movie. Even in a movie of his own on follow up.

Steel
Blue Beetle (First with Ted Kord, second sequel gives Jayme the scarab)
Booster Gold, the sequel is a crossover of him and Ted Kord

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"