A bridge called Chuck Norris.

Philly Phanboy

LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY
Reaction score
I found this news story yesterday:

Bridge over Danube could be named after Chuck Norris

A new bridge in Hungary could be named after the action film actor Chuck Norris after officials left the naming to an internet vote.

Votes for the Chuck Norris Bridge have so far attracted 11 per cent, of the vote, organised by the Ministry for the Economy.

That puts it just ahead of naming the bridge after Hungarian humorist Geza Hofi and three times more popular than naming it after state founder Szent Istvan.

Votes can be cast until September 8 on the website www.m0hid.gov.hu There are more that 500 nominations, as well as names referring to delays, such as 'It Will Never Happen Bridge'.

A government committee will review the three winning names, as well as other proposals put forward by local governments, cartographers, linguists and others.

The bridge over the Danube is due to open in 2008.

They'll need to paint the Chuck Norris bridge blood red. :mad::up:

I heard about this on The Colbert Report. It should be the Stephen Colbert bridge. It can even still be blood red. Just the blood of Godless killing machines aka bears.

I'm getting reeeeeal sick of Chuck Norris jokes.

It's not a joke, JLBats. It is a real news story that was posted on IMDb's news listing yesterday.

Philly Phanboy said:
It's not a joke, JLBats. It is a real news story that was posted on IMDb's news listing yesterday.

Yeah, I know, but just in general. To me, Chuck Norris is starting to become a comedic crutch. Can't think of anything useful or amusing to say? Think up a good ole Chuck Norris one liner.

*ker-shrug*

If you leave anything to an internet vote, Chuck Norris wil ALWAYS win!

Chuck Norris is gonna take over the world one day.Just watch when a state is named after him.

JLBats said:
To me, Chuck Norris is starting to become a comedic crutch.

To be fair, even in his prime Chuck wasn't too much more than that.

I'M SORRY SOMEONE HAS TO SAY IT!

No-one crosses Chuck Norris and lives to talk about it.

Chuck Norris was funny a year ago.

And allowing voting on the internet was a bad idea. They're lucky it's not named after All Your Base or Snakes on a Plane.

Mister Sinister said:
If you leave anything to an internet vote, Chuck Norris wil ALWAYS win!
Of course he will always win he is a GOD among GODS

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"