Sequels A Change Is Coming

I never said that show wasn't without flaw my friend... Everything the WB puts out is heavily flawed... But it is a lot more entertaining then the SR movie, and the cast is 100% better.
Not to mention that in that 1 hour week in, and week out for 6 seasons now it has kicked SR's butt in the Action department... So whatever. :o

By the way the writers on that show atleast are doing their own spin on the characters, and that is ORIGINAL... Unlike SR which is a total rip off from the Donner movies.

So what was that again? :oldrazz:

Putting Smallville on the big screen and calling it Superman just wouldn't work, dude. You (and I suspect a few more out there) need to snap out of it.

(Bring it!) :oldrazz:

I am suprised at the outcome of those polls form a pro-SV site.

Putting Smallville on the big screen and calling it Superman just wouldn't work, dude. You (and I suspect a few more out there) need to snap out of it.

(Bring it!) :oldrazz:

Says you... We already know that a Bryan Singer Donner spin-off wont work neither... Might aswell give the general public what they want...
It's clear Welling is the new accepted face to the character even if you or a couple of you here don't like it.
The mass public spoke when they didn't go see SR, and it failed to live upto the hype.

Like It's been said before casting a younger guy who also looks a lot younger to play an older version of the character was a mistake... Especially given the history that the character is said to have by SR... And to give him a child while original (how the clown pointed out) was also lame, and it pissed off the fans.

So the only original things they did upset the fans, and went against cannon... Good job.

But in my opinion the Superman character needs to have 1 face alone per generation that can capture the publics attention, and sorry Routh came along to late, and if he's lucky he will be remembered as the Timothy Dalton of the Superman movies or if he's not the George Lazenby of the series.

The old Superman movies would have sucked the big one if Reeve was replaced in part 2 or 3... Remember how much worse the BATMAN movies became after Keaton left? When you establish someone you need to keep that person in the role for aslong as possible... Hence why the Sony/Marvel family want to keep Tobey, and company around for 3 more movies... They know if this cast leaves or is replaced.. They are done for a while.

Welling is the face to the character, and will be so for a while longer, and when everything is set, and done he would have played the character of Clark, and maybe even Superman longer then anyone else in history.
Routh will be lucky if he gets another chance to fail, and fall flat on his face like he did in part 1.

These movies are made or broken in casting, and editing, and those are two areas that Singer is terrible in.
He also wouldn't know a good storyline if it bit him in the butt... I mean seriously must they have Lex trying to take over real estate again?
Seriously now...

Like I have said before I would be cool with a Smallville Superman Spinoff or wait 5 good years after the show is off the air, and then re-start the entire thing for the big screen.

Says you... We already know that a Bryan Singer Donner spin-off wont work neither... Might aswell give the general public what they want...

I prefer they'll give more than that poor standard.

It's clear Welling is the new accepted face to the character even if you or a couple of you here don't like it.

We don't try to rule out all of those teenagers who have the hots on Welling but he's way too young and un-Superman in the face.

The mass public spoke when they didn't go see SR, and it failed to live upto the hype.

Weird. They went to see SR more than they went to see Batman Begins. :)

Like It's been said before casting a younger guy who also looks a lot younger to play an older version of the character was a mistake... Especially given the history that the character is said to have by SR...

So instead casting a too young face, let's hire a straight boy-face. That surely would help more.

... while original (how showtime pointed out) was also ...

... while original (how the clown pointed out) was also ...

?

Maybe you want to take a minute to reach an agreement with yourself?

So the only original things they did upset the fans, and went against cannon... Good job.

Excellent indeed. Great signal, given that comic fans are not very good at evaluating cinematography and we have plenty of wuzzies who would just repeat what's done but with more CGI.

But in my opinion the Superman character needs to have 1 face alone per generation that can capture the publics attention, and sorry Routh came along to late, and if he's lucky he will be remembered as the Timothy Dalton of the Superman movies or if he's not the George Lazenby of the series.

Sadly, he filled the Superman suit and Welling just regular blue and red clothes. As for a teen Clark Welling can still have his teenie audience. As for Superman, we know who's the man now.

The old Superman movies would have sucked the big one if Reeve was replaced in part 2 or 3... Remember how much worse the BATMAN movies became after Keaton left? When you establish someone you need to keep that person in the role for aslong as possible... Hence why the Sony/Marvel family want to keep Tobey, and company around for 3 more movies... They know if this cast leaves or is replaced.. They are done for a while.

For what I know, Reeve stayed for SIII and SIV and those... sucked all the same. Could you be wrong about this I wonder?

But if you really think re-cast is the worst mistake, then you'd have to agree that keeping Routh is the way to go. :)

Welling is the face to the character, and will be so for a while longer, and when everything is set, and done he would have played the character of Clark, and maybe even Superman longer then anyone else in history.

Welling is the face to a teenie tv series of Clark, he hasn't even wore the suit so... well, he hasn't been Superman as Routh has already been. Too late for Welling, according to your own logic.

Routh will be lucky if he gets another chance to fail, and fall flat on his face like he did in part 1.

People already accepted Routh and he'll be doing the part again, directed by Singer. So no worries.

Like I have said before I would be cool with a Smallville Superman Spinoff or wait 5 good years after the show is off the air, and then re-start the entire thing for the big screen.

We can have lots of fun having the Singer sequel in between. :up:

Where did I come in on this one? :huh:

haha yea my bad homey I was talkin back to u so much ur just stuck in my head I guess lol... Either that or it could have been the fatty me, and my boy smoked before I posted that... heh Either way I corrected the top, and then noticed all the double posts which could have been a shh forum error because I don't remember hitting the submit key more then once... But again we had just burned a nice fat one so you know it could have been on my end... So yea... um back to topic... SR sucked.

:woot:

Batman Begins made more money domestically than Superman Returns, it also cost $100 million less than Superman to make so in the long run Batman made more money. I really like Smallville and think Tom looks more like how I picture Superman but I have yet to see strong enough acting from him to show he could head a big screen franchise. Plus a Smallville Superman movie would just seem like a TV movie with real good fx. If they got some fresh writers on it that took these characters forward more than maybe i'd be more for it but I just don't know if it could work. And honestly nothing against Welling or Routh but neither of them have the presence Reeve had so if they did a restart I hope they look harder for an actor with the looks,acting ability,and presence needed for this role.

Batman Begins made more money domestically than Superman Returns, it also cost $100 million less than Superman to make so in the long run Batman made more money. I really like Smallville and think Tom looks more like how I picture Superman but I have yet to see strong enough acting from him to show he could head a big screen franchise. Plus a Smallville Superman movie would just seem like a TV movie with real good fx. If they got some fresh writers on it that took these characters forward more than maybe i'd be more for it but I just don't know if it could work. And honestly nothing against Welling or Routh but neither of them have the presence Reeve had so if they did a restart I hope they look harder for an actor with the looks,acting ability,and presence needed for this role.

What they should have done is ended the show after season 6 7 or 8 then the movie would pick up 10 years later when Clark is going to work for the Daily Planet.
I wouldn't actually take 10 years to make the movie from the last episode but this way by the time the movie hit Tom would be 30 or right around there, and the time line would fit his current look.
It's getting harder, and harder to believe that Tom is in his early 20's...
And besides just because your using the Smallville cast doesn't mean that the movie has to be a 2 hour Smallville type movie.
This would be written, and directed by someone much bigger then anyone who's done the show, and I'm sure with the right writers it can be pulled off.

Dude looks the part more then Routh, and that's just the truth.
We don't know what he would do in a movie with a big budget, maybe some REAL talented writers, and not the hacks who wrote SR.
I have a feeling that Welling would own the role.... We can only hope it happens.

I still don't believe that the WB is that quick to say the sequel to SR will be greenlite, and now Singer is talking about maybe a delay til 2010... lol Seems like the 2009 sure thing isn't so sure anymore, and maybe the WB is stringing him along to see how The Incredible Hulk does at the boxoffice, and now that they saw how Spiderman 3 tore up the boxoffice I think the WB will be looking into matters a bit deeper for any future Superman movie.

U said a mouthful I agree with a lot of what you say... But one thing.
I think Welling has the presence it's his acting that needed helping at first.
Now he's becoming a very good actor, and he plays the role with such perfection.

As much as I like Smallville, I seriously doubt we'll ever see welling play supes on the big screen. We might see him play supes in a T.V. movie after Smallville is over though.

I am 100% with you on that, and that's what I believe will and should happen.

I think someone has real-life crush on Tom Welling...but I'm not gonna say who. :)

I refuse to watch Smallville until he puts that damn suit on.

I think someone has real-life crush on Tom Welling...but I'm not gonna say who. :)

:cmad: C'MON I dare you to say it!

:oldrazz: Welling Rocks!

I refuse to watch Smallville until he puts that damn suit on.

lol Enjoy Season 7, and 8 then because it's going to happen in one of those two... I also think that if they go the entire series without him in the suit it's because they are afraid that he will make Routh look like utter garbage in comparison... Even tho Singer made sure that Routh looked like utter garbage anyway thanks to the suit they designed for him lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"