A Hard Day's Night (Beatles Movie)

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
IFC is airing it right now. It's a good movie. :yay:

41R74CAR8CL._SS500_.jpg

I always wanted thier apartment from the film...with the sunken beds ;)

One of my all-time favorite movies. :woot:

And the best mistaken-identity scene ever:

[YT]USlxOnD6LLA&feature=related[/YT]

I like the scene where Ringo is depressed and roaming the streets. :o

I love the scene where George wanders into the marketing office where the guy's telling him what the new trends are and about Susan the resident teenager.

My mom told me when she was a kid they'd go see this in the movies back when you paid for a ticket once and could see as many showings as you wanted, and they would stay all day just to watch the concert parts over and over again. :oldrazz:

ha, i love the beatles, but aside from that i didnt like this film. there really wasnt any solid story going down. there were some great moments, like the conversations about pauls grandpa on the train....but overall, i was pretty bored with the film. Help! was far better.

I always wanted thier apartment from the film...with the sunken beds ;)
that was Help!, not a hard days night.

i didnt like this film. there really wasnt any solid story going down.

The movie is basically a day in the life of The Beatles. It's more of a mock-umentary.

Help! was far better.

In Help! I liked that Ringo was sort of the star, but the movie was a little too over the top.

This scene says it all:

[YT]hWyKlXpstzo[/YT]

Brilliant film. While of course plot wise it's just a wee bit thin, it's probably some of the most fun I've ever had watching a movie.

And, I loved Help!, but I can't help but agree. Way, way too over the top. And that's ME saying it.

No one cares. :csad:

Luke%20skywalker.jpg

"I care."

Too bad my cable provider doesn't provide IFC (I really really want it), but I've got the DVD. My dad bought it for me if I could guess a movie premise trivia question. :)

I'm a huge Beatles fan. Will always be my fav band, even though I wasn't alive when they were together. Plenty of books and even framed art hang on my walls...but I must confess, I had never seen HDN or Help until a few months ago, and so far...I still don't like any Beatles movies. They are hard to sit through until you get to the music.

My favorite song from the movie:

[YT]IN5kOS7zrMk[/YT]

i adore the beatles. i even saw paul in concert a little while back. was freakin awesome. high point of my life so far. and i watched the vhs of this so much i wore it out, help too.

They are hard to sit through until you get to the music.

Help is a little hard to sit through, but Hard Day's Night is really fun. Its like a behind the scenes type thing.

I've always preferred "Help!" more.

i adore the beatles. i even saw paul in concert a little while back. was freakin awesome. high point of my life so far.

I saw him in both 02 and 05 when he came through. In 02, I had a ticket to see Macca, and had a ticket to see the opening of the first Spider-man movie a week later....I thought my head was going to explode that week! That was about the most exciting week I have ever experienced.

My favorite song from the movie:

[YT]IN5kOS7zrMk[/YT]
The second the Beatles became my favorite band, right there. I bought the soundtrack for that song, and the rest is history.:woot:

The second the Beatles became my favorite band, right there. I bought the soundtrack for that song, and the rest is history.:woot:

Valentines is around the corner. A good song to dedicate to a lady friend. :yay:

If I had a lady friend.:(

But that's a discussion for a different thread, isn't it?

If I had a lady friend.:(

But that's a discussion for a different thread, isn't it?

Dedicate that song to the right someone, and you may just end up with a lady friend.

the best part of HELP is when john suddenly has an outburst exclaiming "YOU FAIL, JEWLER!". i laughed my ass off at that!

I haven't seen this since I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"