• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

A He-Man Trilogy: Could it Work?

SymbioticToxin

Hello, bird
Reaction score
So I was thinking about how old cartoons are making a comeback in both film and new cartoons, and I thought He-Man needed his own trilogy. I think it would work, honestly. I typed something up awhile ago, it's in spoilers since it's pretty long. But I'd like some feedback/opinions one what you think or whatever.

The first film would of course introduce Adam and the Masters, as well as show the back story for the current event. The current even would be Keldor before he became Skeletor. Use the unused origins of Randor and Keldor being related and establish Keldor wanting to rule Eternia instead of Randor and wanting the power in Grayskull to do that, which in turn is where He-Man would come in. Have a few of the usual baddies too, like Evil-Lyn and Beastman and maybe Triclops and that’s about it, no need to throw everyone in there. Likewise have Man-At-Arms, Orko, Randor be the help He-Man has. Establish Teela as some in training to be a master but not ready for battle yet.Ask for Orko, make him comic-relief but don’t over-do, as the tone for the film should be serious, and make sure he’s competent as a wizard but still bumbles here and there.
Now have it centered around Adam training and failing to be a Master, even being seen as a failure to some degree to his father, though he’ll still love him and all that good stuff. All of that will make for a bit of conflict when he’s chosen to be He-Man. Have it so he can only call upon the power when he is pure of heart and intention, not for the selfish reason to live up to his fathers standards and be a mighty warrior. Remember, despite being a strong man, He-Man was essentially pure and wanted to help others in any degree.
When he gets the power to defend Eternia against Keldor, make their first battle somewhere in the middle of the film and have it bittersweet in a way. Sure, He-Man would beat Keldor, but he’d be forced to let him go in order to save someone, like his father or maybe even an innocent bystander. That way we get sort of a tension with himself, the Masters, and the people. The people would look to him as a hero of course, as would the Masters except a few of them, who’d join He-Man and viewing him as weak for letting Keldor get away. That scenario would be revisited in the end, where Adam finally understand his place as He-Man and the whole ‘strength of body doesn’t make a hero’ stuff.
Have the final battle at Snake Mountain after something happens beforehand, like maybe Keldor kidnaps Randor and is about to execute him publically to show how much better he is or something. He-Man and Keldor fight breifly before He-Man frees Randor, then he and He-Man go against Keldor, and it ends with Keldor somehow getting pushed into retreating. He won’t become Skeletor until later, since I believe in building him up a bit. Don’t just through him in there, show him before the skull-head and him cracking because of it.
The end would be of He-Man returning Randor back to his castle and then going to Grayskull to try and return the power, thinking he’s done with being a hero. He’ll of course be told no and that Eternia will still need him. Man-At-Arms will appear and reveal he’s known about this the whole time, being the only person besides the Sorceress (By the way, forgot to say this, she’ll be in it too.) The movie will end with He-Man overlooking Eternia from the top of Grayskull, but that won’t be it. An after credits scene will show Snake Mountain and someone at the ‘mouth’ of the snake. We won’t see them clearly, but we’ll hear them say something about his kings return can properly commence. That will make the Snake people and King Hss the main baddies for the next film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"