A Kevin Feige Appreciation Thread

Son of Coul

Not 100% A Dick
Reaction score
When I first saw this man in an interview for TIH or IM or something, I thought "what a businessman, this guy's too much of a talker. He's just ********tin'."

Boy did that opinion change. My idea of him started changing when a flood of Marvel info came out on some website and they went out of their way to mention how nice it was hearing the info from Feige and how much of a fan he seems to be. Then I started reading his interviews and saw how well he knew not only the comics but movies and marketing.

I remember my father seeing him in an interview on tv and being stunned at how young the President of Marvel Studios was. You can tell this guy's on top for a reason. Started off as a Film major and was an intern at the place producer Gale Ann Hurd worked. They say he was like a walking Marvel encyclopedia, he knew just about everything about the books. She thought he was so good she hired him as her assistant and he got involved at Marvel and the rest is pretty much history.

Some people may know here that when Marvel Studios was first considering peeling off to be its own studio, they had Avengers in mind right away. But they didn't know how to handle all the characters in one film and even considered making it animated. He was the guy that said "Why don't we instead take the time to introduce each character in their own movies, then bring them together in The Avengers, like in the comics?"

Every director who's discussed working with Marvel has had nothing but good things to say about the man. If I remember correctly, even Edward Norton who had major disagreements with Marvel had praise for him (it's assumed his major beef was with the now terminated David Maisel, but that's a whole nother story). You can tell he really cares as he's not only heavily involved in preproduction but he's there on the set in all the set pics you see, talking to the actors and directors, overseeing everything and bringing great enthusiasm with it.

He's clearly got financial **** down pat, too. The way the salaries and budgets have been managed for these are pretty outstanding. Even when things were at their darkest with the staff- Sam Jackson, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, and Jon Favreau all changing their tunes at one point or another after financial disputes were reported, they managed to nab every one of them (the exception being Terrance Howard, but I kind of saw that as an early "don't **** with us" from the company). And now this idea of expanding the MCU with lower budget movies about lesser known characters for directors to have more creative control over-- MWUH! Genius.

Listening to him talk movies and how these are/should be gets me excited because I completely agree with him on the things he says. Part of what's great about having a younger guy as Prez is the new ideas that come from him and the bigger risks he's willing to take.

Without Feige we wouldn't be getting this "Marvel Cinematic Universe" and if we were, the movies making it up likely wouldn't be as good.

SO THANK YOU K-FEIG' for the film/comic nerdy **** you do. It sure as hell doesn't go unappreciated.

Rating as a human being: 10/10

Last edited:
Um... sorry. I am going to wait until his body of work grows a bit before I start kissing his ass. At least lets wait and see how the Avengers unfolds. If it is another X/SM-3 then what was the point?

That they tried something risky and ambitious and creative despite the traditional way of thinking about these movies?

IM, TIH, and IM2 are ambitious? They are popcorn tentpoles and strive to be barely above that. They are above average to well made, meaningful films in some cases I'll give you that, but I'd hardly call them ambitious. If by that you mean the Marvel universe and Avengers movie, that's fine. But if that's the end game, what comes next? I mean it is only a matter of time before we get Bats and Supes in the same movie. Eventually solo movies stop making money and you need to spice it up. Marvel Studios is just doing it sooner than later. I understand the genre can't go on forever, but they actually could try to be ambitious with some mature, R-rated efforts, or at least some deep thematic elements when it comes to Dr. Strange, Black Panthers, and other darker characters.

Last edited:
The ambitious part is containing all their characters within one universe despite many studio execs claiming that superhero movies are not supposed to be done that way. It's considered risky, and even if it doesn't pay off in the long run and The Avengers is a disappointment, I'll still be damn appreciative of Feige for trying and stepping up.

Yes, at some point Batman and Superman will be in the same movie and Marvel is just doing it sooner than later- that's what's great about it. Somebody had to take some initiative and throw into action. And because Feige was that guy, I fully appreciate it.

As for R-rated efforts, in the latest interview with the guy I heard just today, he said an R-rated Marvel movie is definitely not off-the-table and they'd be perfectly willing to go for it if the project called for it. He stated they wouldn't restrict themselves to PG-13, even if it is their central rating. I'm sure they'll get to it after the Avengers dust settles, or probably sooner actually, considering they've already started meetings with directors for potential movies following The Avengers.

I just say thank God Avi is gone and Kevin is on the job!

Feige is a servicable leader; he would never have rubbed two sticks together to create fire, but he wouldn't have given us New Coke either.

I give him a solid B so far. Arad gets like a D+.

I'm still pissed about Norton. Its gonna take alot for me to like this guy. Petty much? Probably, yeah.

I'm still pissed about Norton. Its gonna take alot for me to like this guy. Petty much? Probably, yeah.

This.

Feige lost me with his massively cheap and disrespectful regard towards true Hollywood talent.

He almost lost us Rourke, ScarJo and Jackson and he's probably the primary reason why IM2 was all over the place. He also single-handedly butchered TIH by editing the crap out of it.

The guy's a moneyman, not an artist.

I still don't know how they screwed up with Norton. Norton is a notorious control freak.

At least Kevin gives a $h!+ about the comics - which is more than Avi ever did! I think the movies we have gotten from Marvel Studios are as good as they are primarily because of him - I see nothing to make me think otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"