Marvel Shake-Up: Film Chief Kevin Feige Breaks Free of CEO Ike Perlmutter

The "give it a chance" folks seemed to miss one important point. FF was going to get a chance....it got a chance.The people who said "this movie is going to suck" were, evidently, right.

Is the general consensus that this shake up will aid in Marvel getting FF? It doesn't seem like it could hurt. Is there a scenario where the shake up makes it LESS likely?

Feige is no fool, any deals made should still be on their terms and not a Fox bailout otherwise let Fox continue to dig themselves deeper in the hole and feed their remaining blind followers with delusions of XM/F4 crossover grander.

Meanwhile he should focus on their relationship with Sony and all the other Marvel characters they do have full access to. Better villains, solo female hero's etc.

Feige is no fool, any deals made should still be on their terms and not a Fox bailout otherwise let Fox continue to dig themselves deeper in the hole and feed their remaining blind followers with delusions of XM/F4 crossover grander.

Meanwhile he should focus on their relationship with Sony and all the other Marvel characters they do have full access to. Better villains, solo female hero's etc.

I'm one of the people who think Fox has done an OK job with X-Men (3 was absolutely horrible as was origins); I rather liked FC and DoFP. The reason I want FF back with Marvel are:

1) They are my fav SH group and I want a movie that does them justice
2) I want the villains back in MCU....killer villains
3) It would be way too much fun to see FF in movies with other Marvel characters

After what Fox did to FF, an X-Men crossover with them is about as likely as a talking toenail.

No poster has ever been overly negative towards FFINO.

The Human Torch thread alone (since Michael B Jordan was rumored to be cast) says otherwise. The people who doubted were inevitably right, but the F4 was always overly negative (and unbearable to go into) ever since Jordan was cast.

The negativity got so bad the mods created a FFINO to vent all the negativity towards the movie. No forum ever needed that before. The forum was a laughingstock compared to other forums in terms of the (now justified) negativity. The racist comments against Jordan were still uncalled for.

Last edited:
The Human Torch thread alone (since Michael B Jordan was rumored to be cast) says otherwise. The people who doubted were inevitably right, but the F4 was always overly negative (and unbearable to go into) ever since Jordan was cast.

The negativity got so bad the mods created a FFINO to vent all the negativity towards the movie. No forum ever needed that before. The forum was a laughingstock compared to other forums in terms of the (now justified) negativity. The racist comments against Jordan were still uncalled for.

People here made racist remarks towards MBJ? I was in that section for quite sometime and I don't recall anyone crossing those lines.

Last edited:

The racist comments were exceedingly rare and dealt with immediately. And the negativity was created almost solely by FOOFS (Fans Of Other Franchises) who came flooding into the FF boards to support a franchise they didn't care about. Posters who were quick to point out that while they didn't care at all about the FF, longtime fans should totally give the cheap rights grab known as FFINO a chance.

The "Keep Hope Alive" forum was the SHH thread of the year - far from a laughingstock. And as you were generous to point out, we were right.

It seems ridiculous that the majority view should be shoved into a tiny little thread and self-contained there while those who aren't even fans of FF got free reign of the rest of the forum. It should surely be the other way round and let those who wanted to bury their heads in the sand have their own little pocket thread instead.

So I'm confused here... did the Marvel Creative Committe have sway over the more successful Marvel films (the Avengers, TWS, Iron Man etc) and less sway over the less successful films (Thor, TDW, etc.) or was that the other way around?

I don't see how people can be both overly negative and correct? :huh:

I've poked around these forums for only about a year, but I don't recall seeing any racist remarks towards MBJ or others. Maybe I wasn't on the right threads or maybe the mods cleaned up the mess, but you can't stop some idiot from posting some hate filled, racist message the first time. What can be done, and I'm sure has been done when necessary, is to ban the frelling moron and clean up their mess. Kind of what you might do with a disobedient, but really stupid, house dog; kick them out of the house, clean up the mess, and try to teach them better.

And just in case someone thinks I'm comparing a racist to a stupid, disobedient house dog, my apologies. I don't mind disobedient house dogs that much; even the stupid ones.

EDIT: I didn't think it was a good idea to cast an African American as HT, but also recognized that it "could" work. For that reason, I planned to see FF first day; right up until the embargo and reviews (which was in no way MBJ's fault). At that point, it became clear to me that my worst fears were realized and the "overly negative" people were, in fact, right all along.

Shakeup =

More likely FF back with Marvel
Less likely FF back with Marvel
No difference

Last edited:

In Name Only threads have been around forever, as well as threads made specifically for venting. TDK boards had an "I have faith in Chris Nolan" and "I dont have faith in Chris Nolan," in the lead up to the film.

But FF was the first time in a while it's come back.

So I'm confused here... did the Marvel Creative Committe have sway over the more successful Marvel films (the Avengers, TWS, Iron Man etc) and less sway over the less successful films (Thor, TDW, etc.) or was that the other way around?

I'm interested in this as well. I don't really know how much sway they had over any of the films, so I don't really know if this is a good or bad thing.

It seems ridiculous that the majority view should be shoved into a tiny little thread and self-contained there while those who aren't even fans of FF got free reign of the rest of the forum. It should surely be the other way round and let those who wanted to bury their heads in the sand have their own little pocket thread instead.
Kelly and the other mods who frequent the FF side were clearly in a tight spot. As a mod she tried to be as fair as possible while clearly being wary of many of Fox's moves regarding this reboot herself. The "Keep Hope Alive" thread was the biggest thing going until Fox finally released a Trailer which basically killed that dream for the time being but didn't stop the bad rumors or actors from making questionable comments in interviews. That FFINO thread wasn't made until a couple weeks before the release of that reboot.

You and I and many others were in the thick of it but there was no way that Kelly could've predicted what happened once that reboot released so I think creating that thread was a way of making everyone somewhat happy. Just so happened that the whole F4 forum turned to FFINO once Fox let critics see it and Trank got on Twitter. :woot:

Nice try there..... Only bitter 4stic supporters would try to spin the FFINO thread as some kind of Troll haven while begrudgingly admitting its most frequent posters were mostly correct to begin with! The thread was made because it was warranted not to appease studio hating trolls or bias fanboys as you like to make it seem.

And as for racist comments... Where? By who?

Exactly......

"KEEP IT CIVIL AND RESPECTFUL!" was basically all the Mod really asked for there and anywhere else on this site, so if any of us broke those rules we'd be dealt with accordingly.

The racist comments were exceedingly rare and dealt with immediately. And the negativity was created almost solely by FOOFS (Fans Of Other Franchises) who came flooding into the FF boards to support a franchise they didn't care about. Posters who were quick to point out that while they didn't care at all about the FF, longtime fans should totally give the cheap rights grab known as FFINO a chance.

The "Keep Hope Alive" forum was the SHH thread of the year - far from a laughingstock. And as you were generous to point out, we were right.
Thank You!!! Was about to bring up the same thing but oh well.....I guess the "If you don't like what you've see about the movie then don't post at all and give it chance anyway, so Fox can continue lying about a crossover" thread will get nominated next time....

I don't see how people can be both overly negative and correct? :huh:
Bingo! At the end of the day it just sounds like "Yeah......you were right but why not let people reserve the right to be ignorant about it until it releases since we want as many people spending money on this as possible despite the high likelihood of it being crap."

Every week there would be a new poster chiming in who didn't bother doing any research on what bothers people about that reboot saying "Why is there so much hate for this film? DOFP did good so stop posting until then." So most would explain it (H3ll the Mods even pinned up a long list of things that were wrong about it during production.) then they'd leave with they're tails between their legs deeming the forum "inhospitable" which at this piont basically means..."THE TRUTH HURTS!"

Now hopefully this new change in power will bring this Franchise and many others characters back home.

Last edited:
I won't hold it against AVEITWITHJAMON. He's a long-time poster here. He just wanted to believe the movie could still be good despite the overwhelming evidence against it.

:up: thanks Vile

There was plenty of name calling going on before the mods cracked down on the boards, with people insisting that no one could seriously think this could be a good movie when it didn't appear close enough to the comics they grew up with. Numerous people were accused of being "Fox-Men Fans" just trolling the "true MCU believers" with their "so-called support" for a "clearly crap movie". The mods cleaned up shop a few months before release and it wasn't nearly so bad afterwards.

Now that I've got that off my chest, how exactly did we get on this line of conversation in this thread in the first place?

See, wasn't just me.

I'd say about 90% of the people who were opposed to that reboot still remains unbiased to everything else being made by Fox.

I'm not one of them.

So if you've got any post of me "attacking" people looking forward to that reboot then feel free to quote it, highlight it and flag it to the mods.

Until then back to the thread in question...Go Feige!

I didn't mention your name once during that conversation :huh:

Last edited:
I didn't mention your name once during that conversation :huh:

When you're generalizing the forum as a whole you don't have to...

Feel free to backpedal after the fact but if it were only a handful of people doing what you claim then it wouldn't have been worth bringing up correct?

The "give it a chance" folks seemed to miss one important point. FF was going to get a chance....it got a chance.

Three chances, actually. And they bungled it up worse each successive time. Which is really quite impressive, in a trainwreck sort of way.

The people who said "this movie is going to suck" were, evidently, right.

A blind man could have seen it coming. The only excuse is if you didn't follow the production at all.

People here made racist remarks towards MBJ? I was in that section for quite sometime and I don't recall anyone crossing those lines.

No, but many who disliked the casting for legitimate reasons were *labeled* racists by Fox fans trying to shame people into silence.

Whiskey Tango said:
No, but many who disliked the casting for legitimate reasons were *labeled* racists by Fox fans trying to shame people into silence.

I saw this A LOT.

The hell happened to this thread?

Someone said something bad about X-Men Apocalypse, someone else got huffy about it, I made a comment on how unfriendly the X-Forums are and it just spiraled down from there.

When you're generalizing the forum as a whole you don't have to...

Feel free to backpedal after the fact but if it were only a handful of people doing what you claim then it wouldn't have been worth bringing up correct?

What are you on about! I mentioned no names at all just said what went on, feeling guilty or something? I didn't accuse you of anything in that discussion, you just jumped in and assumed I was talking about you, get over yourself dude.n I never once said the whole forum was doing it either as that's simply not true. For some reason you see every post in a combative manner.

Hands down the FF forums were the best threads on the hype especially when you go back and re-read them. A lot of crow was eaten in bulk in the days leading up to the release of the film. That week was just amazing with everything that was going down.

What a ride FFINO has been. That smell of Victory...unfortunately it just made the characters cinematic poison.

Hands down the FF forums were the best threads on the hype especially when you go back and re-read them. A lot of crow was eaten in bulk in the days leading up to the release of the film. That week was just amazing with everything that was going down.

There certainly was a lot of activity. Most people were hoping it would do really poorly at the BO as it definitely appeared it would be a stinker. The worst case scenario was bad movie, good box office, sequel.

I wish we'd get some indication whether or not FF will go back to Marvel. I hope this reorg will increase the chances that Fox and Marvel can work something out. I wonder if there are other things going on that will give us any indication of whether this will happen. It sounds like a roll of the dice from what we know, but I can't believe the shake up at Disney would hurt the chances.

Last edited:
Meh, I don't care about speculation. All just rumors and he said she said. Anyway, Feige has done a pretty good job as head of the ship so far, so I'm not too worried.

Also, I think too many cooks in the kitchen is never a good idea.

I agree Feige has done a pretty good job. I don't think Marvel has put out anything that was really poor yet (IM1 on). There were a few I wasn't particularly fond of, but that's different than a bad movie. Like Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance (edit:X3....how could I forget that stinker?) or, from what I hear, the latest FF.

As far as the rumors go, of course you never know for sure, but some of these articles make no sense whatsoever and, I think, can be dismissed off hand. The BC article being one of them.

The ones that make sense, I can at least listen to them and give them some credibility. The one just mentioned is one of these. I just wish someone would break a story about FF being back at Marvel. Not that Marvel needs them, but it would be ultra cool.

If the rumors are to be believed, and Fiege is the one that insisted on Captain America taking place in the 40's and the inclusion of Rocket Raccoon in Guardians, he's clearly more qualified than the creative committee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"