Marvel Shake-Up: Film Chief Kevin Feige Breaks Free of CEO Ike Perlmutter

I was there plenty before release, after seeing the reviews not so much. There were people overly defensive toward the movie but there were people overly the opposite as well.

How can you say this when we had more than enough information well before release that the film wouldn't be a proper FF movie, and a complete failure at that? It's an intellectually dishonest argument. Clearlt the "detractors" had a point.

I was there plenty before release, after seeing the reviews not so much. There were people overly defensive toward the movie but there were people overly the opposite as well.

No poster has ever been overly negative towards FFINO.

How can you say this when we had more than enough information well before release that the film wouldn't be a proper FF movie, and a complete failure at that? It's an intellectually dishonest argument. Clearlt the "detractors" had a point.

Because these people were not there when the stuff and rumours was coming out. They've all conveniently vanished from the boards.:funny:

It's only less hospitable for trolls and people who call a movie crap even before release.

Or for people who don't automatically love everything they see and say as much. I know, I've been there.

The F4 boards and the Killing Joke thread.

The Fantastic Four boards are perfectly hospitable, as long as you aren't separated from reality. I admit, they can be pretty hard on somebody who is fanatically dedicated to the movie, right or wrong. Or are not-concealed-at-all Fox X-Men fanboys engaging in disingenuous studio warring.

Or are not-concealed-at-all Fox X-Men fanboys engaging in disingenuous studio warring.

Which is where 95% of the problems on that board originated.

Pretty much came to a dead stop once reviews came out and the film released, though. They couldn't bail out of there fast enough.

Excellent news. Way to go, Feige.

Now bring FF home and I will swear fealty to you.

They may have had a point, but there was no need to attack people who were looking forward to it, which DID go on.

No poster has ever been overly negative towards FFINO.

But they have been towards certain people who were looking forward to it. Attack the movie by all means, don't have a go at the people who want to look forward to it. That's up to them.

Excellent news. Way to go, Feige.

Now bring FF home and I will swear fealty to you.

I'm sure that's the next box Feige wants to check off. I'm patiently waiting the announcement.

It's never going to be even because the films are the big ticket moneymakers and the people who make them have the pull to not have their ideas thwarted by the television staff. Not to say we won't ever see characters or events from tv influencing or appearing in the films but it will be a rare thing if and when it does happen. That's just the realities of showbiz.

Right. It's very telling how the bulk of the villains in Agents of SHIELD, for instance, are obscure even by Marvel comic standards. The MCU gets heavy hitters like Thanos and Red Skull, the TV show gets...Angar the Screamer.

Right. It's very telling how the bulk of the villains in Agents of SHIELD, for instance, are obscure even by Marvel comic standards. The MCU gets heavy hitters like Thanos and Red Skull, the TV show gets...Angar the Screamer.

There's certainly a big difference, but getting the Absorbing Man was a fairly big deal though. They also seem to contain Graviton, although I doubt he'll ever pop up again given what kind of budget he requires.

It's never going to be even because the films are the big ticket moneymakers and the people who make them have the pull to not have their ideas thwarted by the television staff. Not to say we won't ever see characters or events from tv influencing or appearing in the films but it will be a rare thing if and when it does happen. That's just the realities of showbiz.

Exactly. The movies should pave the way.
They may have had a point, but there was no need to attack people who were looking forward to it, which DID go on.

But they have been towards certain people who were looking forward to it. Attack the movie by all means, don't have a go at the people who want to look forward to it. That's up to them.

I saw very little of what you are describing. Instead I saw a lot of X-men fans vehemently arguing in favor of a movie that everyone else knew was doomed. Obviously both sides have their more extreme members, but to say that the detractors were attacking people who were simply "looking forward to the movie" is a gross over-simplification. If you'll recall, the majority of people "looking forward to the movie" were the same people arguing against all the supposed rumors and BTS drama for months, even when it didn't make sense.

Last edited:
This is why you fail in pushing the limits.

That's deep. In fact, that's so deep I have no idea what it means. You might consider moonlighting as an on line therapist or psychic, but don't quit your day job.

I saw very little of what you are describing. Instead I saw a lot of X-men fans vehemently arguing in favor of a movie that everyone else knew was doomed. Obviously both sides have their more extreme members, but to say that the detractors were attacking people who were simply "looking forward to the movie" is a gross over-simplification. If you'll recall, the majority of people "looking forward to the movie" were the same people arguing against all the supposed rumors and BTS drama for months, even when it didn't make sense.

Me neither. I was simply one of those people who wanted to see a good FF movies and, being the optimist that I am, I hoped against hope that it would be good. The death blow to my foolish hoping was the embargo and, then, the reviews. At that point, my plan to see FF first day went up in ashes. The closest I came to being "attacked" was for people to say "Good Lord, don't even bother to go see it; esp. first weekend". I'm neither a Fox apologist nor do I attack Fox because they are Fox. Fox just frelled up FF in every way anyone could frell it up and I'm pretty pissed off at them for it. Send FF back to a studio that has the wherewithal to make a good FF movie.

I personally suffered it despite the fact I admitted there were BTS issues. I simply used to say plenty of movies have BTS issues and turn out good, certain posters would jump on me for it. I saw it first hand Flint. Thankfully I am a big boy and can take it, but that doesn't mean others would be able to.

I personally suffered it despite the fact I admitted there were BTS issues. I simply used to say plenty of movies have BTS issues and turn out good, certain posters would jump on me for it. I saw it first hand Flint. Thankfully I am a big boy and can take it, but that doesn't mean others would be able to.

And what do you define as "attacked", when someone disagrees with you? Was anyone ever banned for their remarks towards you? If not, saying you were "attacked" is a bit much. Especially when your argument is that other movies have also suffered through production issues, even though none in recent memory have had comparable problems.
For what it's worth, we can see now that every argument in favor of this movie was always a stretch. And that was obvious to all but a few for quite some time.

Last edited:
And what do you define as "attacked", when someone disagrees with you? Was anyone ever banned for their remarks towards you? If not, saying you were "attacked" is a bit much. Especially when your argument is that other movies have also suffered through production issues, even though none in recent memory have had comparable problems.
For what it's worth, we can see now that every argument in favor of this movie was always a stretch. And that was obvious to all but a few for quite some time.

Well attacked is a strong word I agree, I couldn't think of anything else, but I was called a Fox fan on numerous occasions, as well as an MCU hater on numerous occasions. Why the MCU was even brought into it I don't know. All I ever stated was what I said I had and that until the reviews came out I was looking forward to the movie. It was ridiculous, and I wasn't the only one to get called those things. Mods warned some people about their comments but In general they tended to address the whole board.

I won't hold it against AVEITWITHJAMON. He's a long-time poster here. He just wanted to believe the movie could still be good despite the overwhelming evidence against it.

There was plenty of name calling going on before the mods cracked down on the boards, with people insisting that no one could seriously think this could be a good movie when it didn't appear close enough to the comics they grew up with. Numerous people were accused of being "Fox-Men Fans" just trolling the "true MCU believers" with their "so-called support" for a "clearly crap movie". The mods cleaned up shop a few months before release and it wasn't nearly so bad afterwards.

Now that I've got that off my chest, how exactly did we get on this line of conversation in this thread in the first place?

The F4 boards....

Well, only if you were blindly hoping for 4stic to pull a DOFP success story despite being nothing like it.

Sooooo, "Just wait and see" turned to "Saw and laughed" as far as RT% and Box office numbers went.

And "Just give it a chance" was responded to with "Uh...No!".

Last edited:
It's only less hospitable for trolls and people who call a movie crap even before release.

Yeah because the vast majority was way off on calling out fake4stic before that released. Great point.

Oh wait....they smelled crap and avoided stepping in it. As most people with common sense do.

I guess between Sony waving the white flag after ASM2's lackluster numbers and dismal reviews and now 4stic flopping gloriously the usual suspects have all fell back to refortify Singers crap with the same song and dance they applied to suspect projects Fox make that warrant wariness. As if me being disappointed with the last 5 Fox-men installments is going to change with the sixth one.

Again, I'll be watching Civil War the day Fox's latest abomination releases if you didn't read it the first time. Why? Because I enjoy most of what the Marvel Studios has done thus far and this "Shake up doesn't bother me in slightest. On the flipside I hate most of what Fox has done with the Marvel franchises they have captive. You don't like it? Well tough!

Calling people trolls for having opposing opinions only discredits yours.

Happy Labor Day. :woot:

Well, only if you were blindly hoping for 4stic to pull a DOFP success story despite being nothing like it.

Sooooo, "Just wait and see" turned to "Saw and laughed" as far as RT% and Box office numbers went.

And "Just give it a chance" was responded to with "Uh...No!".

The "give it a chance" folks seemed to miss one important point. FF was going to get a chance....it got a chance. The people who said "this movie is going to suck" were, evidently, right.

Is the general consensus that this shake up will aid in Marvel getting FF? It doesn't seem like it could hurt. Is there a scenario where the shake up makes it LESS likely?

I'd say about 90% of the people who were opposed to that reboot still remains unbiased to everything else being made by Fox.

I'm not one of them.

So if you've got any post of me "attacking" people looking forward to that reboot then feel free to quote it, highlight it and flag it to the mods.

Until then back to the thread in question...Go Feige!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"