Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by sweetre15, Aug 23, 2012.
Holy crap that sounds awful. I skimmed through the script and it's a trainwreck. Bebop and Rocksteady are utterly pathetic. So glad they backed away from this garbage.
Wow....just wow. Somehow it went way passed how bad I thought it might be, bravo to all the "artists" involved with developing that. I couldnt even read everything, but the 3/4ths i did see was just terrible.
I'm all for a big blockbuster TMNT movie....just please...not that.
Bleh!!!! That was horrible! How dare Kevin Eastman lie to us!
Reading it, and it seems that it's a bit like Transformers 2. Jesus, this is pure crap.
Let's not forget that Venus and the Next Mutation were his ideas!
"Cataldo EYE****S Casey as he picks himself up off the ice."
Skimmed the script as well; the description of Krang's suit is close to what I imagined. I'd prefer they go for a more body horror Nemesis-esque variation on the fleshy suit from the 80's cartoon.
It felt good reading this:
Casey- You're Ninja. Mutant. Turtle. Teenagers?
Leo- When you put it that way it sounds ridiculous.
Call me crazy, but that's some pretty smart, funny writing. Too bad it seems like an "even a blind squirrel..." moment of dumb luck. The rest was awful.
The whole script is online. I don't think I'm allowed to link to it though. I'm glad they ditched this script because it sounds awful.
When it was revealed the TMNT were going to be from an alien race, I assumed Bay and his creative team were trying to bring the Transformers formula to this franchise, and it looks like I was correct.
Woah, this is news to me! So Michael Bay's reboot has been cancelled??
..... That was priceless subtitle from the review
LOL @ "Colonel Schrader". Sadly, "General Kranginski" was missing.
No. But the production has been pushed back spring/summer 2013 and the release to 2014 because of this horrendous script.
^ So Michael Bay is still attached to this project then. Son of a...
Honestly the script is bad.... There are elements that work and with touch up could be excellent...... I'm 60 pages into it and I gotta say the action and fight scenes sound INCREDIBLE!
These guidelines can do some good for future rewrites imo and they still leave room to make a "fresh and new story" like they are supposedly trying to make:
- Put Casey back in New York and make him the vigilante he always was but take the primary focus off of him altogether and make him a supporting character
- Retcon the childhood love affair aspect between April and Casey and make their relationship develop through the film when they first meet
- change Colonel Schrader and The foot from being military and have them be ninja like they were in the comics as well as implying his connection to Splinter and Hamato Yoshi
- Give the Turtles a more prominent introduction, make their one liners more clever and expand on the "outcast" element of their characters that's touched on in the script.
- Jettison the idea of the race of warrior turtles and the prophecy/chosen ones angle as well as them going their separate ways to protect the orbs but instead tie in the T.C.R.I canisters to the Invasion angle.
- Give Krang more lines as well as Bebop and Rocksteady
- Make Splinter not just get beat up like he does in the script.
Agreed on all counts.... Hated that Splinter got it handed to him
Movie bob has put up a review as well. Seriously if this is legit then it's a complete piss take. That script isn't worth to line the bottom of a turtles tanks.
Is the Google Doc the only way to read it? The doc won't load for me and I really want to read it
Can we just get Michael Bay to go away?
Really? I read up to about page 60 where they were fighting on a subway car or something. Most of the action made no sense to me. Like things just happening because they happen.
The best thing about what I read was April meeting the Turtles and Don's line about her books.
So wait, this is real? is this the movie they're doing for the 30th anniversary? THIS?!