Predictions on the Direction of Nick's TMNT Canon

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
Use this thread for predictions of how Nick is going to handle their newly acquired TMNT franchise in their new 2012 series and/or movie.

As of today NOTHING is known about what direction Nick will take. There are plenty of rumors online, but they are simply that: rumors. I highly doubt that Nick even knows what direction they are going 3 years from now with the franchise.

What I do know is that Nick's TMNT will be a completely new TMNT canon from any of the 4 previously established TMNT canons. If they are looking to re-establish the brand with a new audience of youngsters they will have to start fresh.

There have been 4 major TMNT canons over the past 25 years:

1) Mirage Comics TMNT (1984-2010) (Image Comics being a subdivision)
2) 1987 Animated TMNT (1987-1996) (Archie Comics & Manga/Anime TMNT being subdivisions)
3) Movieverse TMNT (1990-2007) (Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation being a subdivision)
4) 2003 Animated TMNT (2003-2009) (Dreamwave Comics being a subdivision)

So where do you think Nick will take the TMNT franchise next?

Last edited:
I'm crossing my fingers that it will take a page or two from 2007's TMNT, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I'm right there with you Timstuff :up:

I don't know. Too early to call, but being Nick, I'm almost certain that we won't see a gritty, ass kicking , true to the roots TMNT.

People are certainly worried about the maturity level but I wouldnt be just yet.

I would expect maturity level to be something like the Timm cartoons or Nick's Wolverine and the X-Men. Not to watered-down, but still fairly kid-friendly.

Nick Has Iron Man,Xmen and they had Avatar:The Last Airbender... I'm sure the turtles should be fine.

We might get a little insight on what Nick want to do with the TMNT property I went to ninjaturtles.com to see did they updated the site since the buyout and Dan Berger the dude that always signs off with "Cheers" wrote that this is pretty much their last update via Mirage studios cuz Nickelodeon is taking over the domain name next week.

My hope is that Nickelodeon keeps the turtles at a level where they were in the first couple of season of the 2k3 series.. Like I wrote in a post to gauge TMNT fans feelings I believe since most things being marketed to kids are from movies that are PG-13 I can't see the turtles being a super hype active version of the old school series where the Turtles are crossing over with Jimmy Neutron or Sponge Bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"