A negative Review of the TMNT script

I watched the video review and listened for about 4 minutes because I don't want to have anything spoiled for me. But, honestly I liked it. It sounded ok to me. I don't know what some of you are expecting.
A movie that's actually about the turtles...

"Seriously guys. Just wait until you see the movie. They're still teenagers. And EXPLOSIONS!"

hehe

But seriously that bit about Casey Jones being an angry teenage hockey player who befriends the turtles...yeesh.

Yea Casey Jones character was pretty stupid but I thought the first fight scene and how it was done sounded cool as hell to watch.

I heard the review. The guy said the Turtles keep going into their shell. That, in my head, seems corny as hell. And Leonardo tosses a fork lift? Come on. I didn't hear anything redeemable in what I've heard.

Only thing I enjoyed was the turtles escape from the foot in the first half of the script.

I watched the video review and listened for about 4 minutes because I don't want to have anything spoiled for me. But, honestly I liked it. It sounded ok to me. I don't know what some of you are expecting.

Wow....There's always a person like this, who tries to be the voice of reason by saying "It ain't bad, what are you guys expecting", but can't quite hit the mark due the lack of perspective.

Wow....There's always a person like this, who tries to be the voice of reason by saying "It ain't bad, what are you guys expecting", but can't quite hit the mark due the lack of perspective.

I kinda see the point of him. I think what he's trying to say is "if you expect a 100% faithful adaptation of the comic/series you're not gonna get it" and I actually agree with that statement. I was ok with the title change to 'Ninja Turtles' because in most translations they call them like that. I like the changes the new IDW series made to the origin. They made HUGE changes but still captures the spirit of the TMNT.

I have read the script and it is awful. It looks like its afraid of being a TMNT movie and tries to disguise that fact. Its inconsistent with the tone/language and ruins everything IMO.

I really hope the rewrite the whole origin of the Turtles or else skip this project because it doesn't make any sense.

yeah what happened to Paroxysm and Roach and all the defenders of this proto-turd that kept saying 'wait and see, it'll be fine' back in March?

yeah what happened to Paroxysm and Roach and all the defenders of this proto-turd that kept saying 'wait and see, it'll be fine' back in March?

Maybe (hopefully) rewriting it :oldrazz:

they just need to:
-rewrite the origin... witch leads to
-rewrite the whole 3rd act
-change back Shredder and the Foot from soldiers to ninjas
-focus on the turtles and not the humans
-make the turtles smaller

They might as well rewrite the whole damn thing or cancel the project. I rather have no Ninja Turtles movie than a bad one.

Well he's been banned (I do miss him), but I'm not sure about the rest...

That script was an absolute travesty.

I hope the new cartoon is successful, it could really help the movie when it comes out and put the Turtles back in the spotlight.

I kinda see the point of him. I think what he's trying to say is "if you expect a 100% faithful adaptation of the comic/series you're not gonna get it" and I actually agree with that statement. I was ok with the title change to 'Ninja Turtles' because in most translations they call them like that. I like the changes the new IDW series made to the origin. They made HUGE changes but still captures the spirit of the TMNT.

I have read the script and it is awful. It looks like its afraid of being a TMNT movie and tries to disguise that fact. Its inconsistent with the tone/language and ruins everything IMO.

I really hope the rewrite the whole origin of the Turtles or else skip this project because it doesn't make any sense.

I get his point too, and I like the changes from the IDW. I'm very intuitive to that. But this script in particular, faithful or not, is just terrible and represents what's wrong with Hollywood.

Here's the thing: Hollywood slowly but surely has been geek-friendly, with the filmmakers paying respect to the fan base. I've always thought that Bay and his take on Transformers is far from 'geek friendly' and this script has that same vibe. There is a clear misunderstanding on the writers (or if not, Bay/the actual director) on why this franchise has been so beloved.

I hope the new cartoon is successful, it could really help the movie when it comes out and put the Turtles back in the spotlight.

I hope the new cartoon is GOOD first and formost. If it's bad, I'd rather not have it successd. Kind of like the 2002 He-Man cartoon. It was good, but it didn't live past two seasons. At least I got two seasons I enjoyed.

I get his point too, and I like the changes from the IDW. I'm very intuitive to that. But this script in particular, faithful or not, is just terrible and represents what's wrong with Hollywood.

Here's the thing: Hollywood slowly but surely has been geek-friendly, with the filmmakers paying respect to the fan base. I've always thought that Bay and his take on Transformers is far from 'geek friendly' and this script has that same vibe. There is a clear misunderstanding on the writers (or if not, Bay/the actual director) on why this franchise has been so beloved.

Not only was it not geek friendly, Bay seemed to openly despise it's fan base.

He did a lot of sneering about 'toy movies' early on if I remember correctly. As if robot balls and jive talking stereotypes are the height of maturity.

He did a lot of sneering about 'toy movies' early on if I remember correctly. As if robot balls and jive talking stereotypes are the height of maturity.

In the first Transformers movie, he had Fox say "they just had a giant toy deathmatch". In this apparent script, Rapheal says something about being action figures. I don't know if this is an attempt at self referential humor or mocking us to our face.

We might be holding on to our childhood, but it could be worse. We could be alpha male [butt] heads.

In the first Transformers movie, he had Fox say "they just had a giant toy deathmatch". In this apparent script, Rapheal says something about being action figures. I don't know if this is an attempt at self referential humor or mocking us to our face.

We might be holding on to our childhood, but it could be worse. We could be alpha male [butt] heads.

I think its supposed to be self referential humor but when I read that I felt offended.
Everything in that script is bad. The fight scenes MIGHT be cool but its just not worth the time.
If anything in the trailers or set pictures looks like this script Im going to skip it.

I hope the new cartoon is GOOD first and formost. If it's bad, I'd rather not have it successd. Kind of like the 2002 He-Man cartoon. It was good, but it didn't live past two seasons. At least I got two seasons I enjoyed.

I saw the first season of 02 He-Man and it was quite good. Back then I skipped the 03 TMNT cartoon and I regret it. Im watching it right now, Im halfway on the 3rd season and its great, Im loving it.
The only thing I don't like its the theme song. Hasn't grown on me.

I saw the first season of 02 He-Man and it was quite good. Back then I skipped the 03 TMNT cartoon and I regret it. Im watching it right now, Im halfway on the 3rd season and its great, Im loving it.
The only thing I don't like its the theme song. Hasn't grown on me.

I read somewhere ( I think it was HEMAN.org, I'm not sure) a awhile back that said the cartoon was doing really well, but the plug was pulled because the toys wasn't selling well with the kids ( but the older crowds that grew up and were fans of the original were buying them but they were not the target audience.) Mr. Green, the 03 toon was AWESOME !, but I suggest you skip " TMNT : Fast Forward " series and " Back to the Sewers " series, because they SUCKED !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"