Comics Petition regarding the Spider-marriage

Stuart Green

Civilian
Reaction score
1/9/2008

So many people have hated the fact that the marriage between Peter and Mary Jane, and that 20 years of Spider-Man continuity, was erased in the comics that I decided to do something about those unhappy with the current change of the book.

Two days ago, I started a petition for those that like the Spider-marriage and want it restored in the comics. To read and hopefully sign it, go here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/spideyandmj/index.html

I've received 90 signatures so far. But some of those that went to the site emailed me that they either couldn't get onto the site or their signatures didn't show up. To fix that, I started it on another free petition site for them to sign on:

http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=4095

The petitionthem version requires you needed to click on or copy and paste the link in an email you'll receive to confirm your signature.

Now I know internet petitions rarely work and people think they don't get taken seriously. But when I get enough signatures, I am going to print off the signatures and send them in the mail to Marvel myself. Honest. With enough support, we the fans who LIKE the Spider-marriage might be able to have it restored in the comic books -- and maybe this time, it'll be back to stay.

Who wants to offer their support for the Spider-marriage?

Thanks for reading,
Stuart Green

I don't like canceling years of continuity, but the Brand New Day intrigues me, mostly because of the MJ being Jackpot theory.

Mephisto never included a "can't fall in love again" clause either. ;)

I don't like canceling years of continuity, but the Brand New Day intrigues me, mostly because of the MJ being Jackpot theory.

As long as Joey Q is EIC and there isn't another Spidey movie coming out that connects with the other three (where MJ and him are together), there is a clause about that which Mephisto never mentioned.

Gilpesh, EICs come and go. ;)

It may be a long and painful road, but eventually, Peter and MJ will be back together, either by retcon of this retcon that will retcon other retcon of retconitude....or they'll just fall in love all over again and we'll move on to where we were...which is really not moving on, but back to before so we can THEN move on.

....yeah. I think. :huh:

SpideyAnimation.gif

Basically I felt that the story by itself was good as long as it isn't a permanent removal of the Parker marriage from continuity.
My One More Day Review

It's a good shakeup if only it doesn't take 5 years to get them back together. 6 months would be good enough before putting things back to normal.

What are they gonna do an "Eternal Sunshine of the Spidey Mind"

18 Months from now July 2009. That's when issue 600 comes out if the current 3 times a month schedual keeps up.

That is when the ReMarriage will happen. By then they might will have over fifty issues of single Spidey under their belts and SM4 might be out.

I think I might send Joe Q a wedding invitation for that month.

1/11/2008

I really hope it doesn't take until July 2009 to restore the Spider-Marriage. Peter and Mary Jane are my favorite married couple in all of comics. I sure hope the retcon of the marriage gets, well, retconned.

Stuart Green

I hate to break it to you guys, but they have BND written though late next year. If anything special comes out of ASM #600, it'll be the return of Mary Jane--not the marriage, just the character.

I hate to break it to you guys, but they have BND written though late next year. If anything special comes out of ASM #600, it'll be the return of Mary Jane--not the marriage, just the character.

yes, because as we all know, you work for marvel and have the inside scoop and all future spider-man stories for the next 2 years. :whatever:

and just because they have stories written, does not mean it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to change.

Blader: If anything special comes out of ASM #600, it'll be the return of Mary Jane--not the marriage, just the character.

That's awfully generous of Marvel to let us maybe see MJ-"just the character", not the wife.....return in 2009.

:oldrazz:

Maybe in 2012 we can have MJ the wife and not the character??

internet petitions never do crap...I'll protest by not buying the book :o

Heh. The only petition that I've seen work is to save the Spider-Girl book...three times.

I've never seen a petition work along the lines of what happened in Spider-Man recently.

90 signatures? I hope that you've acquired about 500,000 more signatures since then because 90 signatures might get a snicker out of Joe Quesada. Or he might use it as toilet paper. Either one I'm sure would be insulting to you all.

I agree, 90 signatures ain't going get it done. I signed the petition, though. I'm willing to try anything to turn this mess around.

I agree, 90 signatures ain't going get it done. I signed the petition, though. I'm willing to try anything to turn this mess around.

1/13/2008

Well, thanks for the signature. Don't worry, it's not at 90 anymore -- it's at 166 and climbing.

I just hope that Marvel changes its mind and brings back the Spider-Marriage.

Stuart Green

A petition won't work even if you had a million people. If Joe Q reads it and spider-man is still selling well he won't change a thing. Fight back with your pull list and drop spider-man all together send Marvel a message. Pull a spider-man embargo. Quit buying all Spider-man products. Get photos of The front cover of the issue when Pete and Mj got married and send them to marvels office. Flood them with what you want. Don't just ***** about whats going on while your still buying Marvels products and sigining a lame petiton. Do something real and get off your ash and do real work.

I liked the fact that Parker was married but let me backtrack a bit.
Over the last year Spiderman has become a coward and a fascist .
During the civil war Spiderman as a heroic example was desecrated and the character of Iron Man made into a American counterpart to Victor Von Doom.
Personally I wished that Iron Man would be killed.

That being said, I hoped that after civil war Peter Parker would have to be re-baptized as a force for good. I assumed that Mary Jane and Aunt May would have to be killed for him to rediscover his oath of responsibility.
What irks me the most is not the obliteration of Peter and MJ’s union by a Faustian deal, but the fact that every issue after ASM 292 is rendered out of existence.

By erasing the last 19'ish years of Spiderman canon, Joey Q basically made my entire career of Spiderman reading since the age of three a waste of time.
Since Marvel started Churning out Blockbuster films the Avengers were destroyed and remade as the JLA , Morrison's definitive take on the Xmen was erased and the characters regressed back into the hellish shadow of 1990's lunacy,and now Spiderman is destroyed only to become an immature 21 year old.
Peter can be all awesome with his buddy Harry and get buisy with the Black Cat! Hey Joey, lets bring out the 12 hobgoblins and the Red Ghost!!!
Quesada is the only person who artistic/business decision's have caused me to actually hate and wish ill upon them.
I mean their's tons of artists whose work or opinions I don’t like, but Quesada could have just ash well laid dead trout in all my longboxes.
I hate Joe Quesada, that’s what he wanted. He wanted extreme polarity regarding the marvel universe.
Every retcon or Crisis DC has done has either been creatively strengthening or if not well received immediately undone. (Morrison's new joker, Superman Birthright.)

I think that Joey Q EIC status must be terminated asap. He had a perfect house in order in the summer of 2002 but he wrecked with the zeal of a Stalinist censor.

Make a new petition to the Marvel Shareholders, get rid of Quesada!!!

By erasing the last 19'ish years of Spiderman canon, Joey Q basically made my entire career of Spiderman reading since the age of three a waste of time.

That's the funniest thing I ever heard of...

All those wonderful Spider-Man stories that you'v read and ENJOYED have been a waste of your time.

Get some perspective... if you enjoyed them, then exactly HOW was it a waste of your time?

And those stories have not been erased... they still happened.

I liked the fact that Parker was married but let me backtrack a bit.
Over the last year Spiderman has become a coward and a fascist .
During the civil war Spiderman as a heroic example was desecrated and the character of Iron Man made into a American counterpart to Victor Von Doom.
Personally I wished that Iron Man would be killed.

That being said, I hoped that after civil war Peter Parker would have to be re-baptized as a force for good. I assumed that Mary Jane and Aunt May would have to be killed for him to rediscover his oath of responsibility.
What irks me the most is not the obliteration of Peter and MJ’s union by a Faustian deal, but the fact that every issue after ASM 292 is rendered out of existence.

Since Marvel started Churning out Blockbuster films the Avengers were destroyed and remade as the JLA , Morrison's definitive take on the Xmen was erased and the characters regressed back into the hellish shadow of 1990's lunacy,and now Spiderman is destroyed only to become an immature 21 year old.
Peter can be all awesome with his buddy Harry and get buisy with the Black Cat! Hey Joey, lets bring out the 12 hobgoblins and the Red Ghost!!!
Quesada is the only person who artistic/business decision's have caused me to actually hate and wish ill upon them.
I mean their's tons of artists whose work or opinions I don’t like, but Quesada could have just ash well laid dead trout in all my longboxes.
I hate Joe Quesada, that’s what he wanted. He wanted extreme polarity regarding the marvel universe.
Every retcon or Crisis DC has done has either been creatively strengthening or if not well received immediately undone. (Morrison's new joker, Superman Birthright.)

I think that Joey Q EIC status must be terminated asap. He had a perfect house in order in the summer of 2002 but he wrecked with the zeal of a Stalinist censor.

Make a new petition to the Marvel Shareholders, get rid of Quesada!!!
Agreed. (Except that Spider-Man is now an immature 29 yr-old... the devil deal didn't make him cronologically younger from what I've heard.)

Make that petition. I'll sign it.

That's the funniest thing I ever heard of...

All those wonderful Spider-Man stories that you'v read and ENJOYED have been a waste of your time.

Get some perspective... if you enjoyed them, then exactly HOW was it a waste of your time?

And those stories have not been erased... they still happened.

but they have no meaning anymore...remember Sensational #200? It has as much emotional impact now that Harry's alive and well as if the entire issue had been 32 pages of a bear on a unicycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"