A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

This looks like a game my brother and I can enjoy together. :up:

• Star Trek Goes Where Most Games Have Gone Before

Preview
    on Mar 25, 2013 at 05:21 PM
    ps3-icon.png
    pc-icon.png
    xbox360-icon.png

As Paramount continues to build excitement for its upcoming film Star Trek: Into Darkness, developer Digital Extremes (Darkness II) has quietly been working on a game that will help bridge the new film with JJ Abram’s 2009 release.
    ... More

How The 1960s Star Trek Series Inspired The Star Trek Game Coming Out In April. March 27, 2013 . 3:45pm

At GDC, executive producer Brian Miller gave us a couple of examples of references older fans might smile at.

Source:GI & Siliconera

Last edited:
This game actually looks pretty fun. I'll probably get it once it's released.

the actors from the actual new movie series add their voice's to the game and make appearance's too shown in this video.

Previews

Going Boldly in Star Trek: The Game

Jose voyages to the final frontier with a look at the cool features and movie tie-ins of Star Trek: The Game.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

fallowing up on what EPD.TV/ROTR said

Source:GI

Last edited:
Rented this. It's not good. It's like a rushed version of Mass Effect. Controls bad like the first Mass Effect as well

Ugh.

I am happy that I ordered Bioshock Infinite, instead of it.

Yeah, my brother and I started playing it last night. It's okay, but nothing great by any means. We haven't gotten very far yet, but so far the gameplay is just alright and there are a ton of little glitches and bad transitions from cut scenes to the game. Also, some of the worst background design I've ever seen in a game. When you're underwater at one point the fish in the background swim around like they're drunk or swimming through sand.

The ship battles are awful. I don't even know how to describe the gameplay there. We beat the level but neither my brother or me are sure how we beat it, lol. We just mindlessly shot at stuff and tried to keep the shields up, but I honestly don't know what we were suppose to be doing.

My bro and I aren't even the biggest Star Trek fans, (he kind of is) but we just wanted a fun co-op game. I think we'll enjoy the game for the most part but probably could and should have waited for a price drop.

The giant bomb quick look is the best representation of the game.

here's the GI version of what Giant bomb does

Test Chamber – Star Trek

Test Chamber
on Apr 24, 2013 at 05:16 PM

The Game Informer staff travels to the 23rd century to join Kirk and Spock on their newest adventure.
... More

I forgot this was coming out. :p

Giant Bomb review (2/5)

Alex Navarro said:
There are glitches and other unfortunate quirks to talk about, but those problems barely register over the din of utter mediocrity that pervades so much of Star Trek: The Video Game's campaign. Outside of a horrid, poorly-explained turret sequence in which you (barely) pilot the Enterprise in battle, there is scarcely an acknowledgment anywhere in this game that Star Trek fans might want to do something other than just run around and shoot aliens. Such a concept ultimately belies the very point of Star Trek in practically all of its many incarnations. But even if you can get past this strange misunderstanding of what makes Star Trek tick, you won't be able to get past the desperate lack of imagination and hamstrung functionality of Star Trek: The Video Game.

My mistake was being excited for this game.

I mean I was excited, the people at my local Game shop were excited. It's just such a bad game. Run, shoot, cover, run, cover, shoot, cover, run, hack, cover, shoot. There's no real variation in anything. There's dull little hacking games, but half the time it refuses to accept they exist so I had to restart, or get killed by the turret I was trying to hack...

I mean the bit where you get to turn the sheilds on and off was a complete frustration. I had no idea what was happening. It was just a mess of things being thrown at me. Then I fired like three shots and it was over. No flying through massive asteroid feilds? Too much to ask? Fair enough...

Then theres the animations. Everything looks good when it's just there, as a screen shot. But as soon as anything moves it goes to hell with jerky unnatural movement. Then there's the poor lip syncing that is constant. It's just a glitchy as hell game.

I think Mass Effect is the closest we're going to get for a long time.

How many legitimately good Trek games have there even been?

There was 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites, Elite Force 1...

The Bridge Commander game was alright. I think other than that I am drawing a blank.

I've only played this and the Online one. The Online one I just screwed around and didn't really help anyone. Then it killed my laptop so I never went back.

Some one needs to change the subject title to A new Star Trek game! booooooo or meh

I just wish they would've had a Star Trek MMO where you start out in Star Fleet Academy and work your way up. You only get to become a Captain at the highest level or something along those lines.

I just got Judgment Rites working on my computer via DosBox. Looks like I'll be playing a Trek game this week after all. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"