A Scanner Darkly

4 more days!

EVEN THOUGH WE SHOULD HAVE GOT IT 3 DAYS AGO!!.....****in **** heads!!

When will this movie be on DVD? For some reason, my town isn't getting it.

Will the whole movie be in that weird animation over the characters or will some scenes be seen regularly the way they were originally shot before the animation was applied over them?

<(o_o)> said:
Will the whole movie be in that weird animation over the characters or will some scenes be seen regularly the way they were originally shot before the animation was applied over them?

The entirety of the film has been rotoscoped.

The movie made $400,000 in its opening weekend. Surely thats not what they expected?

Gamma Ray said:
The movie made $400,000 in its opening weekend. Surely thats not what they expected?

It only opened as a limited release though. It goes nationwide on July 28th.

WallCrawl said:
It only opened as a limited release though. It goes nationwide on July 28th.

what he said.

Has anybody seen it yet? Does it live up to the book? Did it open your eyes to our own world with Big Brother abroad?

I haven't read the book, but I thought the film was phenomenal. The animation is terrific, and I loved it's sense of humor. Fans of the book should know that the 18-speed scene is just so perfectly done.

9/10.

Was there plenty of 'police state' discussions happening after the film was over?

Did it make you suspicious of Big Brother?

It's being slowly released throughout the country. My city isn't getting it till August 4th. They have a little time sheet up on the official website you can check out for when it will release near you.

The entirety of the film has been rotoscoped.
i know how that works......and let me tell you....id rather eat hot magma through my ass than do it!:eek:

Oh man..what a SNORE fest...I watched the first 24 or whatever mins....ugh...I was dying of bordom.

i dont wanna spoil it...........

anyone else see the 24min thing?how was it?

xwolverine2 said:
i dont wanna spoil it...........

anyone else see the 24min thing?how was it?

I watched it and I liked it. It looks like every scene with Robert Downey Jr or Robby Cochrane in it is going to be great.

I loved the 24 min "clip." Classic Linklater. You should probably know by now whether or not you like his style of filming, and the style of dialogue his films usually have. If you're a fan of his prior works, this looks like it'll be extremely enjoyable.

It was interesting, that's for sure. I did feel like the rotoscoping served the story, really seeing things through the characters' eyes. I might have to see the film to really get a feel for the story, with all the twists and turns and the fact that a lot of it is dialogue. The whole cast is great, especially Rory Cochrane as Freck.

Ugh, it's playing here and I have pretty literally only pennies to my name. But I'll see it this week for sure. I hope.

I never read the book so I think I should be a good judge of the film (i.e. not a fanboy going in knowing I'll love it) and I didn't like the movie. I think it has something to do with the way they advertised it. They advertised the movie as a futuristic sci-fi movie but it wasn't that at all. Yes there is a futuristic government agency in it but it is mostly about this group of people doing drugs and going crazy. I understood the point of the movie but it's not what I was expecting. On the plus side the animation was great and all the actors, save Keanu in a few scenes, were great. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone but I think people who are familiar with it will like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"