'Sin City' meets 'A scanner darkly'

Sentinel X

optical illusion
Reaction score
I think Renaisance looks cool, after a scanner darkly proved to be an incredible bore factor I hope this one proves to be good, I for one think the anumation is amazing, nicer than A scanner darkly's...much nicer.

Anyone else want to watch this film, the ads are all over the hype...
here the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ZvWBL4Vp0
It might be good...or it might be a ****y movie :(

Saw it a few months ago... Its a great film. but the 'Anumation' sucks! :cmad: :p

Anumation? Is that a typo or is that what they're terming the process?

I'm leary of these animated films. They always end up being just about the look - with no substance behind it.

Examples:
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
Sin City
A Scanner Darkly

All were visually innovative to an extent. But was lacking something to make them truly enjoyable.

A Scanner Darkly's trailer excited me more than this one although I haven't seen A Scanner Darkly yet :O

I liked "A Scanner Darkly" but the book is even more screwed up!

tinister said:
Anumation? Is that a typo or is that what they're terming the process?

I'm leary of these animated films. They always end up being just about the look - with no substance behind it.

Examples:
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
Sin City
A Scanner Darkly

All were visually innovative to an extent. But was lacking something to make them truly enjoyable.
Hey, Sin City was really good...so was Final Fantasy...critics and fans loved those films, esp Sin City.
I think Final Fantasy is the most unique and well though out of all of them, it is just bizzare how real it looks sometimes

Btw, its not anumation, its animation, I made a spelling typo :p

Sin City is exactly what it´s meant to be - gritty, violent, pulpy, hard-boiled noir. It´s a great exercise in maximizing the expressionist influence that was constantly hinted at in the old noir films. SC takes it to another level. The style is as intense as the characters, people who live life on the edge all the time.

Renaissance looks interesting, but it was a little unclear to me what the story is about.

^^^Exactly, Sin City is just a crazy fun movie were you watch the ultimate badasses live their normal everyday lives.

The story I have no clue what its about, IMDB didnt give much either:

In 2054, Paris is a labyrinth where all movement is monitored and recorded. Casting a shadow over everything is the city's largest company, Avalon, which insinuates itself into every aspect of contemporary life to sell its primary export -- youth and beauty. In this world of stark contrasts and rigid laws the populace is kept in line and accounted for

Sentinel X said:
^^^Exactly, Sin City is just a crazy fun movie were you watch the ultimate badasses live their normal everyday lives.

The story I have no clue what its about, IMDB didnt give much either:

In 2054, Paris is a labyrinth where all movement is monitored and recorded. Casting a shadow over everything is the city's largest company, Avalon, which insinuates itself into every aspect of contemporary life to sell its primary export -- youth and beauty. In this world of stark contrasts and rigid laws the populace is kept in line and accounted for
It seems to be kind of V For Vendetta except it´s a corporation that rules everything... That idea isn´t new at least since Robocop, but who knows, maybe they can make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"