A thought about Jean and Xavier in the last stand

November Rain

Single Mother
Reaction score
This occured to me in another thread....

You know when jean dematerialised everything?

Is it possible she merely only transferred things to the astral plane which she doesn't even know exists? I mean it has been shown before in the comics that some characters are able to physically exist within the astral plane (shown to occur in the onslaught saga).

and since no one had died, then professor Xavier would be able to put his conscienceness into the body of a dorman human body in an attempt to get back to the real world and inform people of what occured.

then perhaps with the help of the shadow (or someone else) king and cerebro, the professor could then manage to get everyone back to the real world.

It would be kinda similar to the Justice league animated ep where supes is presumed dead but has actually been transformed to the future.

would you accept this as a possible plot device to return things to status quo within the x-movieverse?

oh i would just want to add, cyclops won't be brought back simply because he wasn't dematerialised, he's still out there (woooo!)

:cyclops:

oh god, I pray everyday for the astral plane never be able to see the light of the day on cinemas. The arrival of the astral plane will mean my departure from the franchise. Heck I already hate (and refuse to consider as real) the after credits scene.

They wanted to make these X-movies as realistic as possible so i don't think they would ever use that idea. I would find it a bit cheap but i wouldn't complain too much because at least we'd have Xavier and Cyclops back. Killing them was the stupidest thing they did.

How the hell can you bring him back without giving the most stupidestestest explanation ever? A damn twin who spent the whole life on a bed and still grew up to become exactly like Patrick Stewart? A brainless twin who grew up? Xavier living on the astral plane? Another actor playing Xavier? Cassandra Nova? There's no way you can make this not to be laughable.

Besides, it would make Phoenix even less powerful (a Phoenix who's already killed by Wolverine. pfff)

oh god, I pray everyday for the astral plane never be able to see the light of the day on cinemas. The arrival of the astral plane will mean my departure from the franchise. Heck I already hate (and refuse to consider as real) the after credits scene.
Well technically an astal plane has been shown in both films...

both when xavier scans senator kelly's brain in the first film (and we see xavier standing up) and also when jason taunts with xavier's mind....

one could justify these mind interactions as occuring on the atral plane.

I don't see why this would be a jump out of reality considerin what jean's powers are based on and also not knowing or being in fully control of what she is actually doing.

How the hell can you bring him back without giving the most stupidestestest explanation ever? A damn twin who spent the whole life on a bed and still grew up to become exactly like Patrick Stewart? A brainless twin who grew up? Xavier living on the astral plane? Another actor playing Xavier? Cassandra Nova? There's no way you can make this not to be laughable.

Besides, it would make Phoenix even less powerful (a Phoenix who's already killed by Wolverine. pfff)
well if my idea was utilised, the host body would only be temporarily used until xaveier's physical entity could be returned to the real world. It's no big deal...He's been trapped there before by onslaught in the comics.

Well technically an astal plane has been shown in both films...

both when xavier scans senator kelly's brain in the first film (and we see xavier standing up) and also when jason taunts with xavier's mind....

one could justify these mind interactions as occuring on the atral plane.

I don't see why this would be a jump out of reality considerin what jean's powers are based on and also not knowing or being in fully control of what she is actually doing.
By astral plane I mean a land full of vulcans and weird lights with souls flying and etc, like we're used to see. The way they showed it in X1 and X2 makes sense. I would have no prob with such representations. But they were not the astral plane, imo.

well if my idea was utilised, the host body would only be temporarily used until xaveier's physical entity could be returned to the real world. It's no big deal...He's been trapped there before by onslaught in the comics.
a physical body being transfered to the astral plane, which is essentially ethereal? :confused: oh well...

well there is no reason to say that journeys to other psyche's don't require the astral plane to take place in the movieverse.

I definitely meant the representation already shown in the previous films with cool scenes like a walking xavier and a cyclops without his visor on to reinforce it.

I purely meant the comic version of the astral planes

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"