A Trinity film, before Justice League?

The thread is asking about a Trinity film before JL. Trinity is just teasing(in a bad way) people that want to see a proper JL movie.

The difference between a JL threat and a Trinity threat is so tiny. I agree that the stakes would be different in a WF movie and that's why I think if you aren't going to go straight up JL then WF is better. It's entirely different. It's easier to see why Joker/Luthor team up would bring Bats/Supes together on a smaller scale than not just simply making a JL movie if you're going to put Wonder Woman in.

A worlds finest film IMo would be infinitely better. Why have ww if you're not going to have the rest of the league? The general audience doesn't even care about wonder woman, she wouldn't bring in much
Money. A worlds finest story would be much more interesting and most likely more financially successful

Kids know what the JL is based on the cartoon.

Seeing the characters on screen will be all people need to know.

I was a huge, huge fan of the Justice League animated series. But that show was not that big. It was a cable show that wasn't really talked about by non-fans. Cartoon Network practically treated it like an unwanted stepchild, airing episodes at 9:00 PM, without reruns, or delayed for entire months.

But I agree that showing all the characters together would be the selling point, not the title itself.

She has her own mindset but that's not the same as you needing her in movie.

You don't "need" just about anything when nothing's been done yet and we're just talking hypotheticals. You don't "need" Batman, Superman can do it alone. You don't need Superman either.

People like their blockbusters with simplistic extremes. You can layer in as much depth as you like but a trailer is about getting across a basic idea.

I agree that mainstream audiences like their blockbusters nice and simple (though movies like The Dark Knight and Inception prove that they can accept more complex or well crafted movies as well).

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman is an incredibly simple idea that's easy to sell in a trailer. The world's most recognizable heroes teaming up to take down a big threat.

Now, I said myself that I'd rather just go all the way on a full JLA movie, if they're going to include more characters than just Superman and Batman. I just think you're going to far in your arguments against using Wonder Woman.

If they just need a vagina, then they can get any female character from the DCU.

No, not any female character will do. No female character has even 10% of the recognition that WW does. That's like saying you could make a movie with Superman, Wonder Woman, Aqualad.

Why not just do an adaptation of Matt Wagner's Trinity? That was an excellent tale and WW wasn't just there to be there.

I was a huge, huge fan of the Justice League animated series. But that show was not that big. It was a cable show that wasn't really talked about by non-fans. Cartoon Network practically treated it like an unwanted stepchild, airing episodes at 9:00 PM, without reruns, or delayed for entire months.

For the kids that grew up in that generation it is. I'm not saying it's some deeply penetrated cultural thing but I thing people would have a passing familiarity if the images were shown to them. That doesn't mean they'll know every iota or detail about those eps like comic fans.

But I agree that showing all the characters together would be the selling point, not the title itself.

No, not any female character will do. No female character has even 10% of the recognition that WW does. That's like saying you could make a movie with Superman, Wonder Woman, Aqualad.

These two points seem to contradict each other, imo. People are paying for the stuff they recognize. You can slot anyone into the third spot as long as there's still a recognizable front man.

It's not like people would refuse to see a Bat flick if the villain is someone not recognizable.

The title is Trinity. WW's name isn't in the title. So yes the third spot can be filled by any random third stringer as long as you keep Bats and Supes.

You don't "need" just about anything when nothing's been done yet and we're just talking hypotheticals. You don't "need" Batman, Superman can do it alone. You don't need Superman either.

I agree that mainstream audiences like their blockbusters nice and simple (though movies like The Dark Knight and Inception prove that they can accept more complex or well crafted movies as well).

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman is an incredibly simple idea that's easy to sell in a trailer. The world's most recognizable heroes teaming up to take down a big threat.

Now, I said myself that I'd rather just go all the way on a full JLA movie, if they're going to include more characters than just Superman and Batman. I just think you're going to far in your arguments against using Wonder Woman.

Of course we're speaking in hypotheticals. The argument being put forth is about a Trinity movie versus a JL movie. The simple fact as you state it, is that a JL movie has more recognition than a Trinity film simply based on the number of heroes. So what's the argument in favor of a Trinity film other than to simply have a Superman/Bats team-up movie with WW added? Finding a mythological threat that can include WW.

The JL is something else entirely and is simply about large scale destruction that requires a large number of heroes. You can add 8,9, or 12 JLers if they want, but Trinity is a limiting scenario for just those three.

You people understand that Wonder Woman should have a solo film before any of these team-ups, I hope? It's in my equation, atleast.

The difference between a JL threat and a Trinity threat is so tiny.
What are you talking about? With JL they more than double the number of heroes, and should mean twice the threat (if not even more).
A worlds finest film IMo would be infinitely better.
Why not have both WF and Trinity?
The general audience doesn't even care about wonder woman, she wouldn't bring in much
Money. A worlds finest story would be much more interesting and most likely more financially successful
Would that be true if WW has become successful in live action by her own?
Yes, so true. Even with only these three, the trailer would be bigger than Avengers's trailer. And I expect the films to go the same way.
The title is Trinity. WW's name isn't in the title.
Trinity won't be the title. We only refer to the film as Trinity because it's much easier to say/write than "Batman vs Superman vs Wonder Woman - World's Finest".
The argument being put forth is about a Trinity movie versus a JL movie.
Not in my book. I see a possibility with Trinity AND Justice League.

Either explore that dynamic in a Batman/Superman film, or bring on the entire League in JL..... but "Trinity" is just neither here nor there. More can be acheived with WF or JL.

Hmmm... not necessarily. WW can bring the team dynamic, and help set up the CDCU without having to bring in as much exposition. Even if it's "WF2" Trinity before JLA, it's better to build a world than dump the viewer in

"The Dark Knight" didn't need a female hero added in order to make one billion worldwide. Obviously the female demographic was pulled into that box office result.

Hmmm. TDK did have a female lead that was both critical to the story and heroic, even if she wasn't a "superhero." Even a WF movie would need that if it were going to make a decent amount of money. Whether it's Diana or Lois or whoever.

If it's Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern that would work. The new Justice League comic has started well by introducing those guys first.

For the kids that grew up in that generation it is. I'm not saying it's some deeply penetrated cultural thing but I thing people would have a passing familiarity if the images were shown to them. That doesn't mean they'll know every iota or detail about those eps like comic fans.

It was a cable show that got typically low cable ratings. It definitely didn't spread far throughout pop culture. The Justice League cartoon was no Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, or Pokemon. If the small niche audience for a cable show is supposed to be a big selling point, then anything can sell.

These two points seem to contradict each other, imo. People are paying for the stuff they recognize. You can slot anyone into the third spot as long as there's still a recognizable front man.

Yeah people pay for stuff they recognize...they recognize Wonder Woman. Stick "any" other female character in there (like say, Gypsy, Power Girl, Black Canary, etc) and you'd have much bigger problems. Either you downplay that female character, or you don't and you make people wonder why this "made up" nobody character is taking attention away from Superman and Batman.

The simple fact as you state it, is that a JL movie has more recognition than a Trinity film simply based on the number of heroes. So what's the argument in favor of a Trinity film other than to simply have a Superman/Bats team-up movie with WW added? Finding a mythological threat that can include WW.

You keep disputing me with no real argument of your own, going around in circles. Repeating that silly, overly-specific "mythological" thing about Wonder Woman, in an apparent attempt to make her seem like a narrow character who needs to be shoe-horned in. I already said it. It doesn't matter what the threat is, so long as it's big.

Again you insist that there would be no point in putting WW in the movie, when the movie is hypothetical and unwritten. Write things so that the story and character contribute to each other, and you will have your reason for having Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
If it's Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern that would work. The new Justice League comic has started well by introducing those guys first.

Problem is, the general public doesn't give a crap about Green Lantern. The recent Ryan Reynolds movie (which wasn't great, but which I actually liked) is proof of that. It disappointed in the theaters before quickly disappearing from the public consciousness. There's a big gap between what DC wanted to push Green Lantern as, and how he's seen by the majority of people.

Problem is, the general public doesn't give a crap about Green Lantern. The recent Ryan Reynolds movie (which wasn't great, but which I actually liked) is proof of that. It disappointed in the theaters before quickly disappearing from the public consciousness. There's a big gap between what DC wanted to push Green Lantern as, and how he's seen by the majority of people.

With the problems in launching a live-action Wonder Woman, I doubt Green Lantern would be a worse choice for a Trinity. The movie was poor but now people have gotten a visual taste that can add variety to a team film. Placing Wonder Woman in a Trinity movie would be just as difficult because she could be mistaken as a potential love interest between the two heroes. She might as well be the Rene Russo in a Lethal Weapon movie. And we all know Joe Pesci was more fun than Rene Russo.

With Ares as villain, I am sure Wonder Woman can bring something to the team. The god of war is a huge threat and could work well here.

I also want either Clock King or The Riddler in this.

I'd much rather see a WF or JLA film before a Trinity film. I think those have the potential to do better. But if we had to have one, I don't think we would need a Batman villain at all. Hell, I think the only villain we'd need is a WW one, depending on the story that's being told. I'd go for Ares.

I've always thought that a WF film would be a better alternative to a JL film. These are DC's 2 biggest characters.

I think that the biggest flaw in a Trinity film is that the filmmakers would try too hard to tell us why Wonder Woman is should be a part of the film. She could be the biggest surprise in a Trinity film, but I think that the WF dynamic is 10x better than the Trinity dynamic.

I've also noticed that the Trinity graphic novel started with Batman/Superman already knowing each other, while Wonder Woman is the new girl on the block.

Wonder Woman is a combination of Superman and Batman. She's both superstrong and a great fighter.

gugumugats: I think you are missing the point here. In the world where Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman live, these are the superheroes that have to team up against a big threat. Why should she be left out just because Bats and Supes already have helped each other?

And by the way, in THAT world they know about each other, all three of them. WW has already got attention herself by saving people and do "superhero stuff". She doesn't leave her island to help the two males as a total stranger to everybody. She's already in America.
The threat comes, and it's so big that they have to gather their forces against it.
I guess it's hard for you and a lot of the people writing here to take all this into the mind.

If the Trinity team seems far fatched, take a look at Avengers. A norse god teaming up with a high tech celebrity superhero and America's weapon against Hitler, a symbol of ww2 that happened to be frozen and preserved for decades. That must be the most unlikely team-up ever in comic book history.

If there is one team where the members need to be shoe-horned in, it is Avengers. But we can't see it that way, because Avengers is already establised.

Last edited:
I still can't see those three working in live action. Hell, I can't see Wonder Woman working in live action. I blame that botched pilot.

But the three come from such different worlds, it would be very difficult to make them work together (the worlds that is). Just doing two would be very difficult.

And really, Batman and Superman give you enough to work with.

I still can't see those three working in live action. Hell, I can't see Wonder Woman working in live action. I blame that botched pilot.

But the three come from such different worlds, it would be very difficult to make them work together (the worlds that is). Just doing two would be very difficult.

And really, Batman and Superman give you enough to work with.

The different worlds they come from is kind of the point though.

The Avengers is likely to give some idea for how to work with characters like that. Right now you've got Uber-tech Iron Man crossing over with a Norse god crossing over with a mutated Gamma freak. The only characters that touches on crossing the worlds is Captain America since Red Skull was using Norse magic/technology to power is stuff.

You would have to do something similar, I think, for Justice League to work. And that would be the hard thing about a Trinity film. Though it can be done, no doubt. JL more likely and you'd have to pick a character to use to tie them all together in a coherent way... which maybe, I don't know, the Flash? What with his forensics background and superpowers.

Personally, I think Wonder Woman needs a live-action film before she can be a box-office draw that can keep up with Batman and Superman.

Yes, she needs an own live action before Trinity. I say this all the time, yet people behave like it's never been brought up. Can we here and now all go through three things?

1. A Trinity film should be made, whatvever your opinion is (not enough heroes compared to JL, too crowded with heroes compared to World's Finest.... all those silly things you use to talk against a Trinity film... things that you must even look hard to find)

2. A "Trinity film" doesn't need to be called Trinity, But how shall we refer to the film if you people think Trinity is going to be the title everytime we use the word Trinity?

3. No Trinity is allowed "by law" before any of the members solo films. And YES, it DOES include WONDER WOMAN.

So everytime we discuss a Trinity film, or even mention a Trinity film, it stated beforehand that the amazone warrior superheroine already have had adventures of her own, presented at cinemas all around the world.
So stop keep mentioning a solo film will be a must, as if you are the first to understand the need of it. Wonder Woman solo and Trinity are connected, neither can happen without the other. It's already a part of the deal. I beg you people to understand that before the world ends.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"