A "Wolfman" Reboot Already Underway

I hope the day that Fast & Furious becomes a straight-to-DVD franchise never comes.

Wow, poor Wolfman. Destined for the DTV market now. :( Oh well, that doesn't mean it can't be a quality film still.

I hope the day that Fast & Furious becomes a straight-to-DVD franchise never comes.

Ugh...

I could certainly see that happening. In fact, it probably would have if they hadn't been able to coax Diesel back to the series.

They don't waste time, I will give them credit for that.

And Universal wonders why they are not making money anymore...

Hope they at least use Hugo Weaving but does he even do straight to DVD movies?

it probably is a fat chance to get hugo, but who knows just cause its straight to dvd doesnt mean it will be low budget and suck. Plunty of great films go straight to dvd, it really is a studio willing to risk in theatre or be safe and go dvd. And honestly lately straight to dvd movies, have been much better quality then the theatre drivel.
Lets hope they dont f up the wolfman makeup, they can change it but dont make it look like crap.

If they can manage to keep everything practical, there's a shot of this being pretty good. While the first 2 acts of the new Wolfman fit easily with the 1930's Golden Age of horror at Universal, the third act jarringly jumped forward a decade to the 40's when Universal started dishing out campy monster romps. What made the original Wolfman so great was that it wasn't a monster-romp(those came after, of course) and was, despite it's low budget, something serious and very similar in that sense closer to the 30's films.

As a straight to video film, there's the possibility of this new Wolfman flick being a bit more fun like the 40's Universal horror flicks, and if that's the case, i'll gladly accept it. If it's a serious venture into horror, i'll take it too. Again, if they keep it practical, it should be interesting to watch.

This makes no sense. THE WOLFMAN didn't fail to meet expectations because it was a bad film. It failed because people clearly weren't that interested in The Wolfman when it came out. Teenagers who are werewolves, sure, but not The Wolfman.

And AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS got scrapped.

This is just silly.

This makes no sense. THE WOLFMAN didn't fail to meet expectations because it was a bad film. It failed because people clearly weren't that interested in The Wolfman when it came out. Teenagers who are werewolves, sure, but not The Wolfman.

And AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS got scrapped.

This is just silly.

Agreed. Why scrap a GDT/Jim Cameron project but then greenlight THIS? I swear, if they have the guy who directed Scorpion King 2 to direct this I'm gonna be pissed!

Agreed. Why scrap a GDT/Jim Cameron project but then greenlight THIS? I swear, if they have the guy who directed Scorpion King 2 to direct this I'm gonna be pissed!

from the director of the scorpion king 2 and the producer of wrong turn 3 and shark vs octopus.........brings you The Wolfman

They need to focus their energies on a 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' remake, before they reboot 'the Wolfman', if anything.

And that's coming from a massive Lycandope.

Straight to dvd? Why bother. Wait a couple years then reboot in the theaters.

I'd rather see them do a new frankenstein and get it right where they went wrong with wolfman.

Really dont see the point in this, if they went for a full sequel with Hugo Weaving and maybe a lower budget it would make and lot more sense than this, dont even see how they can connect this to the BDT movie.

Vampires are, but I don't recall there being that many big werewolf films in recent times.

I want them to make more werewolf films(except for this lame remake), just so we might get some decent or great ones amongst the ****** ones.

Help me get my book optioned, and I'll give you the bloodiest, scariest and most epic werewolf film of all time. Guaranteed or your money back :cwink::oldrazz::woot:

:woot:

How's it coming along?

It's all in the thread :cwink:

Pretty good..reviews have been solid, as have sales. But "good" isn't good enough for this book..after all I put 5 years of work into it haha..links where to get it are in the sig, and it's cheap now so even the frugalest of finicky hypesters can afford it :woot:

The best DTV horror comes from Greatness himself, Patrick Luuuuuuuuuuussier.

Highly enjoyed his dtv sequels to his Dracula 2000 movie. Those being Dracula II Ascension and Dracula III Legacy. Also White Noise 2 is nice.

It's all in the thread :cwink:

Pretty good..reviews have been solid, as have sales. But "good" isn't good enough for this book..after all I put 5 years of work into it haha..links where to get it are in the sig, and it's cheap now so even the frugalest of finicky hypesters can afford it :woot:

Damn, it's only readable online. I was hoping there would actually be a book I could buy. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"