Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how well those body cameras are going to work in Florida. It's one thing when we see what's going on (which is sometimes hard because of all of the shaking and bouncing) but then if we need those cameras to rely on the audio, that could be a problem. In Florida, it's agains the law to record someone's voice without their consent, and is often why when we have to call up a credit card company or FPL to despute a bill, the phone call starts with "this call is being recorded for quality training purposes".

I wonder how well those body cameras are going to work in Florida. It's one thing when we see what's going on (which is sometimes hard because of all of the shaking and bouncing) but then if we need those cameras to rely on the audio, that could be a problem. In Florida, it's agains the law to record someone's voice without their consent, and is often why when we have to call up a credit card company or FPL to despute a bill, the phone call starts with "this call is being recorded for quality training purposes".

That's a good point, not ure how that would work. I'm assuming there will eventually be some type of federal law that makes police use them and if that's the case the federal law would trump any state law. And again they would only be used for official purposes, not like making Cops or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"