Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Black Morbius...

%D0%B0%D1%85%D0%B0%D1%85.gif

I'm so ashamed that I never watched one episode of that damn show. Or Arrow. Or Flash. Or Legends of Tomorrow.

I did watch a clip of Supergirl when my friend had a small talking role on it though. LOL.
I’m not generally one to recommend Arrowverse shows outside of S&L, but I will say that before S&L, Black Lightning was probably the best of ‘em. At least for the first couple seasons.

I'm so ashamed that I never watched one episode of that damn show. Or Arrow. Or Flash. Or Legends of Tomorrow.

I did watch a clip of Supergirl when my friend had a small talking role on it though. LOL.
I considered watching Arrow when it first premiered but then decided to wait until Man of Steel came out to see if they would be part of the same universe and once I found out they'd remain as two separate universes I decided against watching any of the CW DC shows. Of course this was before the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover that later happened but I still don't care enough. :o

I liked what I saw of Black Lightning, but it wasn't enough to keep me pass 5 episodes, because I was watching like two dozen shows at that time, and something had to give. Which was basically the Arrowverse.

I finished Black Lightning and started pretty much all the CW shows. I just started way too late and it was too much to catch up on all of them when any conversations would be about the current big crossover that I didn’t want to spoil for myself before getting there with all the shows. Just took on a bit too much.

I considered watching Arrow when it first premiered but then decided to wait until Man of Steel came out to see if they would be part of the same universe and once I found out they'd remain as two separate universes I decided against watching any of the CW DC shows. Of course this was before the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover that later happened but I still don't care enough. :o

See, you just unlocked a memory. I did watch clips on YouTube of that God awful Crisis crossover they did. I'm still mad about the missed opportunities. For example, could've had Conroy's Batman meet up with his daughter Helena from the WB Birds of Prey show.

Just a waste.

I kind of love crossovers so I might just watch the crossover episodes if that is easy to do, without all the context lol. I got quite far in some of the shows but at this point have no idea what season and what episode on each. Also had a problem with losing access to certain shows midway through the run - that happened to me on S&L too until I found it was on Apple TV too.

I liked what I saw of Black Lightning, but it wasn't enough to keep me pass 5 episodes, because I was watching like two dozen shows at that time, and something had to give. Which was basically the Arrowverse.
Even if one enjoys the Arrowverse, it’s a hell of a lot of hours that could be spent on something better. :funny:

That new thread smell :atp:

I didn't watch any of Black Adam, but I can't imagine it was any better or worse than the average CW show. Unless it was Batwoman. That's a special kind of suckitude.

if indeed the next Thor would be Hemsworth's last, I don't want him to die, and prefer that he lives.

It's been done too many times now from Tony, Bond, Logan (with their actors wanted move on so that means we have to kill their characters on the screen, too)..It would became too tiresome and predictable.

That's why I also don't want Ethan Hunt (whenever Tom Cruise decide to move on) and Indiana Jones (despite Harrison's age) to die neither.

I think there is a way to honor the character (and the actor playing them) without ever have to kill them.

Btw this thread title is great, I’m just wary that Dwayne will be screenshotting it for his Twitter to boast how well Black Adam must have done to feature in the title, and first! It could become a vital part of negotiations for DC’s future given that the execs would probably regard that as acceptable proof.

if indeed the next Thor would be Hemsworth's last, I don't want him to die, and prefer that he lives.

It's been done too many times now from Tony, Bond, Logan (with their actors wanted move on so that means we have to kill their characters on the screen, too)..It would became too tiresome and predictable.

That's why I also don't want Ethan Hunt (whenever Tom Cruise decide to move on) and Indiana Jones (despite Harrison's age) to die neither.

I think there is a way to honor the character (and the actor playing them) without ever have to kill them.
I think losing Thor with RDJ, Evans and Scarlett already gone would be one step too far for some (not me) who preferred the earlier days of the MCU judging by things I’ve heard some say. But if he is to go, Secret Wars would be the best time. Given Thor is one of my favourites, I want him around for good. I totally loved Hemsworth as Thor and fair play to him if he wants to leave after playing him in so many solos and team films. If that were the case I’d take any way to have a Thor around even it means an eventual recast, and I know many would hate that.

I watched that Dwayne Johnson twitter video. Whats striking to me is the blatant resentment of Gunn and Safran, he refuses to acknowledge them, he wont even say their names, especially Gunn’s. I sense a wee bit if tension?

I haven't seen any of the DC shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back