Acting a concern???

DroolingforGwen

Civilian
Reaction score
Ya ya not worth a new thread... but i haven't got many replies to my concerns about the acting... we all know the acting gets worse as you move on with the sequels in most trilogies... (LotR was like one movie so that don't count)... some of the acting between Dunst/Maguire was pretty flat at times in SM2... i don't see why that will change for the better... i get the feeling that their is no chemistry between the two... SM1 was on the right track... but SM2 just didn't show any improvements... I think Franco has done a good job so far, but he does have a more complex role this time around... i don't know if he'll live up to the billing either... ofcourse know one knows what to expect out of Topher... i know block buster movies aren't really about acting... but I just don't want to see the same lame hap ass dialouge with no substance at all... just a concern to throw out there...

Not a concern for me. Franco was better in 2, Rosemary was better in 2, Tobey was better in 2 (all IMO). The romance between Tobey and Kirsten was meh, but the acting overall was better in 2, IMO. And if you are comparing sequels and acting, the acting was better in Empire Strikes Back than SW, the Potter films have gotten better in the acting department as well.

Good concern too... Acting makes things believeable(sp)... I havent seen SM1 or SM2 in the past year so I cant make a judgement based on memory. Franco did good in both movies though, Hes a great actor.

Oh, and especially after reading that interview with THC about Raimi's directing of actors, I'm not concerned.

cmill216 said:
Not a concern for me. Franco was better in 2, Rosemary was better in 2, Tobey was better in 2 (all IMO). The romance between Tobey and Kirsten was meh, but the acting overall was better in 2, IMO. And if you are comparing sequels and acting, the acting was better in Empire Strikes Back than SW, the Potter films have gotten better in the acting department as well.

Harry Potter- the children matured, so they will naturally be better
SW- acting and SW just don't go together... A New Hope was as good as it would ever get...

Back to Spiderman... is Dunst going to screw this one all up with her Broadway sh:t... is Tobey going to lose interest in this one??? We don't know... but I think it will depend more on the story than the actors... hopefully the story will bring out their full potential...

However, I think it's true that there was no chemistry between tobey and kirsten in SM2. Sometimes I even get the feeling that they really hated or hate each other. And there were no emotions in kirstens face at all. In SM1 she smiled a lot more and was more enthusiastic about making the movie... but in SM2 she was like lame and bored. I hope her acting, and especially her acting with tobey, is better in SM3.

Dunst is my only concern, cause...it's Dunst. I have no concerns about the rest of the cast.

Uh oh, I feel another Kirsten-Hating-MoFo-N-Thread coming on...:O

cmill216 said:
Dunst is my only concern, cause...it's Dunst. I have no concerns about the rest of the cast.

You think she's a bad actress?

Silver Sable said:
You think she's a bad actress?

Not a great one. And she can be so..."flat" with her work sometimes. And she doesn't seem to have the greatest appreciation for what she is a part of. When you listen to Tobey in interviews, he seems really into it. You can see a passion in his eyes. All I see in Dunst's eyes is...well, the same thing I see in Spidey's eye in that poster: nothing.

cmill216 said:
Not a great one. And she can be so..."flat" with her work sometimes. And she doesn't seem to have the greatest appreciation for what she is a part of. When you listen to Tobey in interviews, he seems really into it. You can see a passion in his eyes. All I see in Dunst's eyes is...well, the same thing I see in Spidey's eye in that poster: nothing.

That's exactly what I think!

cmill216 said:

I know she's not the greatest but she ain't terrible either.She may need more lessons.no offense Kirsten.I still think your good though

Silver Sable said:
I know she's not the greatest but she ain't terrible either.She may need more lessons.no offense Kirsten.I still think your good though

She's not terrible. I did like her in Eternal Sunshine.

Silver Sable said:
I was only saying.Sorry

No, that's cool, Sable. Sorry if I sounded like a d*** about it. :)

On a side note, I no likey your new avatar. :D

I want the "real" Sable back... (why do I feel a Martha Kent, SV season 4 premiere moment coming on)....

:D

cmill216 said:

^:up:

sometimes the dialogue seemed irregular. I woudln't use the word weak, becaue I like it like that. It reminds me of what the dialogue is like in comic books. I'm sure for non comic fans though it seems weak, but to me, it just makes it feel like a spider-man comic book.

I thought they were all great just the dialogue in SM2 between Pete and MJ was nt written well enough. Just remember 90% if the acting is bad it's usually because of horrific writing

Jk Simmons gets better with every movie :D

but seriously... Rosemary schooled everyone in SM2

"Take it!... for god's sake it's not much!" *tear*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back