Actors who could have played superheroes in films

There was also talk that in the late 80s into the 90s that Arnie...Arnold Schwarzenegger himself was in consideration for the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America...could you imagine Arnold playing Steve

I still wish Josh Brolin was playing Batman.

Agreed. Either him or Hamm would be the ideal older Batman for me. Brolin gets to be Thanos AND Cable though. Just goes to show he has that badass look and build that can suit many comic characters.

Christian Bale was already perfect for a young/mid Batman. My only regret is that we didn't get to see him in a more comic accurate Batsuit with more comic-booky action. My only complaints with him are superficial like that or that he didn't keep his size from Begins.

To think that there are many actors over the years who have turned down movie roles as far as DC and Marvel heroes go as far as having the opportunity to play said heroes well off the top of my head I can think of so many actors such as:

Tom Cruise almost playing Tony Stark/Iron Man
Tom Cruise almost playing Bruce Wayne/Batman in the Nolan trilogy
Jake Gyllenhaal & Joseph Gordon Levitt turning down the role of Peter Parker/Spider Man

Ashton Kutcher almost playing Clark Kent/Kal El/Superman
Nicolas Cage almost playing Clark Kent/Kal El/Superman

Mel Gibson, Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner, Pierce Brosnan and Alec Baldwin almost playing Bruce Wayne/Batman back in the 80s and 90s

Angela Bassett turning down the role of Ororo Munroe/Storm
I remember Kutcher being in the running for Superman.

Though Gyllenhaal and Gordon-Levitt would have been quite unknowns for the SpiderMan role back in 2002. Though both might have been better than Maguire. Certainly Gyllenhaal is taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"