Advanced World War 3 #1-4 spoilers within

Jake is the 2nd person to say they suck, why? I enjoyed them more than anything Marvel has put out in the last 10 years.
Why? Because they weren't very good.:huh:

I also don't think it shoulda been a 4-issue series. It wasn't very substantial, and 4 issues stretched what is essentially a big fight scene pretty thin. Besides, wouldn't 3 issues have made more sense? WW3 = 3 issues.

meh, these books we'rent needed. all they did was go into detail about the fight, big whoop. i expected something alot more.

Shouldn't the T-Bolt have taken Adam out?? This just seemed so contrived!! Power girl is Kryptonian!!

Kryptonian = vulnerable to magic. As Infinite Crisis showed, Black Adam is capable of channeling his magic straight through his fists.

And all the Marvels have a reasonable degree of resistance to magic themselves, derived from one of their gods (Zeus I believe for the Marvels, and...someone else for Adam). The Thunderbolt isn't a god, his wishes aren't all-powerful; he can't do that much against Adam.

But otherwise, I agree...his power levels were off the charts here. The only explanation I can think of his that his gods were intentionally making him more powerful for this. As we found out in week 50, they fully supported his war.

Maybe the scientists did better against him than the heroes because the heroes were just aiming to contain him, while the scientists were willing to be more brutal.:huh:

:csad:

I think the scientists caught Black Adam while he still only pissed. Capturing and attempting to kill/torture him probably sent Adam from pissed off to ape-s***.

I like BrianWilly's explanation better. It seemed strange that the Egyptian gods would support his wanton destruction of... well, everything. But then I get the impression a lot of old gods resent superheroes for getting all of humanity's praise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"