Question about a comic book

JKMoneyShizzle

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok so i read comic books now and then, i have not lately due to teaching however the death of the family has caught my eye.

This has caught my eye, the cover alone looks so badass
Batman Vol. 3: Death of the Family (The New 52)

51Y5W0af6RL._SL500_.jpg

My friend has it i have not read it yet but i am going to buy it, however i hear there is alot of back story to it. Now should i get all of these issues

Batgirl (Volume 4) #13 -- A Blade of Memory
Batgirl (Volume 4) #14 -- A Courtship of Razors
Batgirl (Volume 4) #15 -- Engagement
Batgirl (Volume 4) #16 -- Ceremony
Batman and Robin (Volume 2) #15 -- Little Big Man
Batman and Robin (Volume 2) #16 -- Cast a Giant Shadow
Catwoman (Volume 4) #13 -- Burnt Offerings
Catwoman (Volume 4) #14 -- To Skin a Cat
Detective Comics (Volume 2) #15 -- The Dirt Nap
Detective Comics (Volume 2) #16 -- Nothin' But Smiles
Nightwing (Volume 3) #15 -- Cleaning House
Nightwing (Volume 3) #16 -- Curtain Call
Red Hood and the Outlaws #15 -- It Only Hurts When You Laugh
Red Hood and the Outlaws #16 -- Family Matters
Suicide Squad (Volume 4) #14 -- Running With the Devil, Part 1
Suicide Squad (Volume 4) #15 -- Running With the Devil, Part 2
Teen Titans (Volume 4) #15 -- Teen Scream
Teen Titans (Volume 4) #16 -- Gotham Runs Red!

These are all tie ins to the story apparently, now should i purchase these. Also if anyone lives in canada does anyone know a good store online where i can purchase these new for a decent price, i checked amazon but can not find all of them.

Or should i get this

51N82Qq7aAL._SL500_.jpg

This apparently has all those issues within in however some of them are edited and some of the story is cut.

Which do you think would be better. Thanks

No, just read the main story that run through Batman #13-#17 and you are good.

If you liked it and you want to see what happened to the other titles pick up the characters that interest you. You don't have to read all of them to get the story, just the main event.

Don't buy any of it, literally nothing happens in this story. The skin-mask is silly, but I guess that's personal taste.

The story though, not worth buying.

If you have your heart set on it, you really don't need any backstory that I can think of. It's a pretty basic Joker shows up to do bad things plot.

Mee is being a debbie downer, if you enjoy Batman vs Joker, you will like this story.

If you enjoy Batman vs Joker, there are lots of better stories to read befor reading Death of the Family.

Read the first and last issue and there you go the in between is tiresome to read because its overwritten and pointless to read because nothing happens at the end.
I was very dissapointed with it and i began to see a patern with Snyder's writing. So much text and hype with 0 pay off and it wouldn't matter that much if the story wasn't 5 issues long and a crossover.

Mee is being a debbie downer, if you enjoy Batman vs Joker, you will like this story.

Nah, as far as Batman vs Joker goes this book was nothing special.

Can't hold a candle to stuff like Killing Joke, DKR, Mad Love, etc.

But, I've felt like Snyder's run as a whole has been an overhyped letdown, and he's rehashing a lot of ideas and plot points that Morrison literally just did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"