Afro Samurai Official Thread

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
Source: Spike TV

The five episode series is the tale of a black samurai in futuristic, yet feudal Japan who is on a mission to avenge the wrongful death of his father. "Afro" is a warrior who travels a solitary path encountering a myriad of enemies, friends and challenges beyond imagination.

The series, produced in Japanese animation, blends samurai style with hip-hop, creating a kind of action that American audiences have never seen before.

Afro Samurai is a creative collaboration between Jackson, Takashi Okazaki and Japanese animation company Gonzo, a division of GDH, who is also acting as series producer. The concept of Afro Samurai was created by graphic designer, illustrator and artist Takashi "Bob" Okazaki (Spider-Man, Blade: Trinity).

Anyone interested in the show?
A trailer is also up.

http://www.afrosamurai.com/

I am, and I like to say its about time we see black faces in anime. After all Japans first shogun was black. I wish they would do more stories about the black Ronin/Samurai during the feudal Tokugawa/Hideyoshi period; some of who were former slaves of Portugese and Dutch merchants.

"The series, produced in Japanese animation, blends samurai style with hip-hop, creating a kind of action that American audiences have never seen before."

didnt we see that in Samurai Champloo?

I remember reading about this on IGN during Comic Con. I'll be watching. Yeah we'll seen this anime mixed with hip hop style before in Samurai Champloo. (Which I happened to like!)

ObakeTora said:
I am, and I like to say its about time we see black faces in anime. After all Japans first shogun was black. I wish they would do more stories about the black Ronin/Samurai during the feudal Tokugawa/Hideyoshi period; some of who were former slaves of Portugese and Dutch merchants.

I do remember hearing about that.

Oh man, this is going to be awesome. For the pure reason that it's SLJ as the voice

THE PREMEIRE IS AT MIDNIGHT ONLINE!!!!

yay!... this show will own!

xwolverine2 said:
THE PREMEIRE IS AT MIDNIGHT ONLINE!!!!

yay!... this show will own!

wtf!? awesome :word::up:

Sam Jackson was on Leno recently and he showed a clip. It looks like an interesting show.

Warhammer said:
Thursday at 10 or 11 p.m.
thanks for the tip i'll set my vcr as soon asi learn the correct time:ninja:

I thought the first episode was okay. I though the very beginning was the best part of the show.

I guess it was OK. Not really my thing though.:dry:

Afro Samurai
Tv's Newest Superhero

Samuel Jackson has hit an all time low; gawd that show sucked.

I wathced it. It was totally ridiculous, but in a good way.

I liked it,But i thought it was lame that Sam did the voice of the samurai and his sidekick.At least the samurai was not done by Phil Lamarr who seems to voice every black cartoon character.The action makes up for the weak story.But it's actually nice to see an anime where the story isnt convaluted as all hell.

lol on that phil lamarr thing. it's true.

yeah, this show is a good example of style of substance. boooooring.

truer words never said about Phil Lamaar voice acting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"