Afro Samurai Official Thread

iagree kent mr lamars gone from amatuar gymnast woody daniels[mr.T] to static to samurai jack to green lantern give the getleman his due:ninja:

Anyone think his "sidekick" is "in his head"..meaning he is not real and afro is just slightly unbalanced in the head? ;)

Anyone think his "sidekick" is "in his head"..meaning he is not real and afro is just slightly unbalanced in the head? ;)

Yep. I notice how he doesn't help & that no one else seems to notice him. So he's either an imaginary friend or he's just that damn good of a ninja.

I thought't FX gets away with alot of stuff but DAMN was lastnight's episode gory! It kind of reminded me of one of the episodes from Blade the t.v series when they show us how he used to kill as a kid.

Me and my friend got in an argument about Afro samurai episode 3, when Afro asked his master about the # 2 head band and his master said meet me after midnight at the tree.his master told every one to run but told Afro samurai to watch him fight with the #2 head band so Afro could see that it bring no happiness in his future. Jinno didn't listen to his master and tried to fight on his master side and cause almost everyone with him to die so Afro Chose the path of the #2 head band and killed his master.OK at the part when Jinno was on the ground asking Afro Samurai why did you betray us? Then Jinno said I treated you like a brother and then he said I'll never forgive you for kill our master.

I said I don't think Afro was at fault because he didn't betray his family, he chose to avenge his father and there was nothing wrong with it. I felt as though it was Jinno fault because their master told Jinno and the others except Afro to run but they didn't and thats why everyone except Afro died And Another thing his master gave him 2 options either to walk away and live a life of peace or to kill me and take the head band. so really I don't think he betrayed his family.

I'm the friend who's on the opposite end of this argument. I felt that Jinno had every right to feel hatred toward Afro. I feel that Afro's choices and actions inadvertantly caused everything to happen the way it did. People close to Afro warned him not to seek revenge for his father but to live a peaceful life with those who love him. Of course when Afro discovered the identity of number 2, not only did he confront his master about it but he did it in front of the entire class. The reason why everyone followed Afro and the master in the first place is because: 1. They knew that Afro planned to take that headband once he asked that fated question. 2: The master responded to him by naming the location of the potential duel in front of everyone, so logically they are going to stop the duel no matter how futile it is.

Now to the duel. The master warned Afro that if he kills him and become nuber 2 that he will live a life of despair and loneliness. Of course during his warnings a gang of men had shown up to claim number 2. Now, even though the master told his men not to interfere-loyalty is strong within the samurai culture. Even if the master died, it is their loyalty that would have compelled them to keep fighting to their death.Even though Afro disposed of many of the men, the damage was done. I feel that his lust for revenge blinded him from the consequences that people close to him would have to suffer because of his choice in this path.

That's why I think that Jinno has that right to hate Afro. Because his quest for revenge ultimately led to the death of his brethren. I would go deeper but I am tired so post what you guys think.

I I feel that his lust for revenge blinded him from the consequences that people close to him would have to suffer because of his choice in this path.

That's why I think that Jinno has that right to hate Afro. Because his quest for revenge ultimately led to the death of his brethren. I would go deeper but I am tired so post what you guys think.

I think it was Jinno fault because if the master wanted Afro to meet him by the tree, 1. he was only talking to Afro. 2. The master told Jinno to run but no, Jinno chose to fight so it wasn't afro fault, it was Jinno because He chose to fight.

and another thing he said Afro revenge blinded him from the consequences that people close to him will suffer, thats Bull****!!
their master has a # 2 head band and people always tried to kill him so i fell as though the master put more people that is close to him in danger instead of Afro.

Am I right?

No, because those who wanted the headband had the honor to fight him one-on-one. Not once were the kids presented as being in danger of becoming casualties of that headband because none posed a threat to the those who fought for it. For example, when Afro's father was killed--the new number one could have killed Afro but there was no honor in doing so. As a matter of fact, he even invited Afro to a duel once he is truly ready. Those men that fought Afro's master had no honor. This is evident by the fact that they all ambushed him for something that only one man can possess. And since the children were there as witnessess, there's no doubt that they would be the next target for useless violence no matter what they did.

Why couldn't this be in my Afro Samurai thread? :csad:

Mods, merge.

I'm going to be honest. I don't watch Afro Samurai for the plot.

And I missed episode 2.

No, because those who wanted the headband had the honor to fight him one-on-one. Not once were the kids presented as being in danger of becoming casualties of that headband because none posed a threat to the those who fought for it. For example, when Afro's father was killed--the new number one could have killed Afro but there was no honor in doing so. As a matter of fact, he even invited Afro to a duel once he is truly ready. Those men that fought Afro's master had no honor. This is evident by the fact that they all ambushed him for something that only one man can possess. And since the children were there as witnessess, there's no doubt that they would be the next target for useless violence no matter what they did.

If those men had honor, then why did they kill the little girl that night on episode 3? they must not have that much honor if they killed the little girl.

First of all, it's episode 4.Second of all, actually read my statement in its entirety before typing an opposing statement that actually agrees with what I said.That is all.

you guys make my head hurt! Dark storm was right Jinno and the others should of got out of there. But Jinno is justified in his hatered for afro as he his disregard for their well being led to their demise.:woot:

Afro's sidekick Ninja Ninja is kind of a irritating. Loving the look and sound of the series and can't wait for the live action movie. I would prefer if some other than samuel L. Jackson played Afro as Jackson is a bit too old and out of shape to play Afro. I could see Jackson playing his father. I think chris tucker should play his Ninja Ninja and Mekhi Phifer should play Afro.

Just a quick question does anyone even watch afro samurai on spike tv, I saw like a few episodes and it seriously sucked. I was just wondering peoples opinion on the show:D

Just a quick question does anyone even watch afro samurai on spike tv, I saw like a few episodes and it seriously sucked. I was just wondering peoples opinion on the show:D

It sucked?! The show was great, except for the first one which was okay.

What didn't you like about it?

Just picked up the Director's Cut DVD, and I was thoroughly impressed with the show. A couple of the songs didn't quite fit (especially that love song in episode II), and the story was kinda basic, but I still loved it.

The sequel movie comes on Spike TV tonight at 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"